shape
carat
color
clarity

New Dress Trial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I had a previous thread showing the new dress and expressing my interest. Well, I tried it on yesterday and I LOVE IT! It fits perfectly and I took it home with me. For anyone considering this dress- it is worth trying on. It is double lined and comfortable! I am so excited!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Let me know what you think. (I cut my head off because I was making a really ridiculous face)

the dress- pricescope image.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another with a much less ridiculous face.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
The second pic didn''t show up!
7.gif

My comment for the first pic is: it looks GORGEOUS but I wish I could see your face!
2.gif
I''m glad you love it though, it really does look like it fits you perfectly, and it''s soooo elegant!!!
9.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
ummm- would help if I attached it.
20.gif

Self Portrait- small.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the back.
Oh and PLEASE ignore my nappy roots- I am getting highlights soon.

Back of Dress- small.JPG

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh. Which dress is this? J Crew''s Avery?
Looks really nice on you, very slinky.

Scintillating...

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Gals!

Yes it is the J Crew Avery! It isn''t as slinky in person as it looks in the pictures. It is a nice substantial fabric and hangs heavily to the ground. It is FABULOUSO! Hurray!

What shoes now? Any recommendations? We are getting married (eloping) on a cliff in Mendocino (actually Elk, CA, but noone has heard of Elk). The shoes I had before were a little blinged out since the dress was satin and shiney. What do you think?

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Their silk tricotine is really lucious isn''t it? It has a very nice drape.
I wore the short sophia to a wedding last summer - I loved it!

Mendocino is beautiful!
FI and I vacationed down the pacific coast highway 2 summers ago. It was really romantic.
Your plan sounds lovely.

Scintillating...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, it looks great on you and makes you look nice and tall too!!

i''d do very strappy white heeled sandals. i don''t like typical wedding shoes though.

oh and make sure the twins are strapped in, in that first pic they are kind of floating off to the sides, one of my boobie pet peeves!!
2.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
SEEEXXXXY!!! You look gorgeous--I''m sure your FI''s jaw is gonna drop when he sees you!

Can you wear heels on the cliffs? SOmething sexy like strappy stillettos?

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
The "girls" is the one issue I have- can''t wear a bra...
any suggestions??

Thanks for all the sweet comments! I am really excited about it! This dress it THE dress and I am relieved and even more ready to get married.
16.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 4:35:55 PM
Author: selflove
Can you wear heels on the cliffs?

J crew makes these - sexy and classic.
I dunno heels on cliffs? is that safe? Maybe just for the post-cliff celebration?

Scintillating...

ivory j crew.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I love those! I didn''t even see them! THANKS!
The cliff is hard and has a path so I think the shoes will be good and then I will take them off for sandy beach barefoot fabulousness pictures.
36.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Those shoes get my vote! And they''ll be easy to take off when you get to the beach and won''t have any little crevices for sand to get into!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can use double sided tape to push the twins more towards the center, experiment a bit with that but don''t use too sticky tape, aka NO DUCT TAPE. ow. models use the double sided stuff all the time but im not sure where you get it?

those shoes are cute!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
For the double sided tape--used just for this purpose--check Nordstrom''s lingerie section, Victoria''s Secret or Frederick''s of Hollywood. I bought mine at a local Steinmart, but I''d call these and other places before driving to them. If they don''t have it, they might be able to refer you to whom has it...just a thought...

Beautiful dress BTW...
emotion-5.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress!

hey....

are you not wearing your ring in those pictures?
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous in the dress!!
36.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I think I LOVE the shoes, I know I LOVE the dress
30.gif
, as in puffy heart love...and I will have to research all sorts of sticky hold "em" in and up devices...I feel very supported in the dress it is the side view that I worry about and seeing adhesive...
It is pretty open in the sides:

J Crew Side View.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and Pebbles- I AM wearing my ring, but you can''t see it. The mirror reversed the image of me, but my left hand is taking the picture, but here is a shot where you can see it.

picture of me wearing ring with dress trial.JPG

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Trouble- JCrew doesn''t have the shoes that scintillating posted, but they do have these.
What are your thoughts. I like them too...
Thanks!
Here is the link:
JCrew Shoes

Here''s the picture:

J Crew Shoes Ivory.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
jorman....
wow! your dress looks fab
36.gif

i think i like that second pair of shoes even better than the first!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, you look so pretty in your dress, love the shoes too. Just stunning!!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,

I was blown away to see that it was the JCrew dress! I love it! It''s really lovely. I mean REALLY lovely!

A friend of mine bought a JCrew dress, and it doesn''t work as well on her, so initially I wasn''t that impressed with their dresses (oh, does that sound mean? I hope not---) But maybe it just goes to show that you need the right body.

You look lovely!

Tybee

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!
30.gif
It''s just gorgeous and you look SPECTACULAR! Love both sets of shoes too!

Like Pebbles I initally thought you weren''t wearing your ring too! But then I figured out the whole mirror thing... though it took me a second!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
you look fantastic!!!!! love it!! and I love the second pair of shoes even more than the first!!! the cinching matches your dress back kinda... I love them!!!
36.gif
36.gif

honeybee

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love, love, LOVE
30.gif
that dress! You have the perfect shape to wear it too, it looks just beautiful on you, perfect for a beach/costal wedding. I''ve been looking at that same dress for a while , i just don''t think my "girls" would participate very well...there is not enough double sided sticky tape in this world...... i''m so jealous!

btw....the second pair of shoes would look lovely w/this dress.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress- its perfect!
And you cant go wrong with either of those shoes!
I love it all!

Skylah

Shiny_Rock
The dress looks fab on you! Congrats!!!!
emteeth.gif

As for the twins, I agree about reigning them in. I wore these undercup thingies for a cocktail dress with that exact top. It''s like a sticky demi-cup and they come in flesh tone, white, and black. Can''t remember the name , though. Got them from Nordstrom''s.

Oh, and both shoes are lovely, though I like the first one better.

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
I think those are called nu-bras. I tried one with that same dress and it was fine, but I would have had to cut the sides of the nubra down a little bit (they have these weird tabs that come around the sides of the cups that were slightly visible because the side view of the dress is so open.

I love this dress - it was going to be my dress when we planned to get married on the beach but now (alas) we are getting married in the mountains so it won''t work out as well. I have to return it and restart the dress search.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results