shape
carat
color
clarity

The BEST news ever!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am just so thrilled after speaking with my mother last night, I have to share.

My uncle Brian, who has been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma since I was in high school, was recently given a stem cell transplant with donor stem cells taken from my mom. This transplant was supposed to be his last chance at pulling through, as his cancer has been difficult to treat and he has been in and out of hospitals for years now. By all test results, he should have been dead ages ago, he was that bad off, but he kept hanging in there. He is strong in his faith and dedicated to his family, as he and my aunt have five children. He had too much to live for to just give up.

It''s been about a month since he was given my mom''s cells, and his doctors were just testing him this week to see what is going on. Not only is his bone marrow now 100% hers, but they told him that he is in remission! He can start going home on weekends now! He will be staying in Ann Arbor with the UM doctors a little longer for observation, but he seems to be a walking miracle. I am truly amazed! He still has to pass 100 days, but the rest of the journey seems to be smooth sailing from here.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FANTASTIC!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
That is incredible news!! Many congratulations to you Brian!!!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What wonderful news - it must seem like a miracle for your family. I truly believe that stem cell transplants will be the answer for alot of health issues that haunt us today. I know there is religious, ethical, political and financial viewpoints on this subject but if it is YOUR family member in need you probably change your tune real fast.

At any rate, that''s wonderful news! Please keep us posted on his progress.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news!!! As a scientist (not on stem cells per se) I love seeing things come full circle...from the bench to the bedside. AWESOME!!!!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''m SO SO delighted for you all. What wonderful news!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
emotion-19.gif
Oh that''s so amazing.
Thank you for sharing this great news!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME! That is wonderful news for your family. Here''s to continued strength and support!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
What wonderful news! Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma is a horrible disease, that's just wonderful. What a great gift your mother has given him.

I wonder what's going on these days, if it's environmental or what, my SIL had Hodgkin's Lymphoma - she grew up on a farm in rural MA - we think it may have has something to do with pesticides - two other friends have it as well. A good friend of ours has Non-Hodgkin's, he's undergoing a protein therapy - but it's pretty scary looking into the future.

Just curious, where in the country does your uncle live?

Scintillating...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s great news! I hope he has a speedy recovery!
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, that is wonderful news. I am so happy for him and your whole family. I know what a horrible disease it is and your mom was his saving grace. That is awesome!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results