shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking into buying Diamond ring in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stockfan

Rough_Rock
Do any of you have any recommendation of where to look for Engagement Ring in Vancouver or Canada (both Local and Online)?
I plan to propose to my gf in the summer and I''m still learning how to purchase a great diamond to surprise her. Most of the sites I have looked into are from US.
Your help will be much appreciated. I''m just a first time buyer.

33.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hello to another Vancouverite!

If you want to purchase through a B&M store and want RB or Princess Cuts, Britton Jewelers is a good place to go. The majority of there loose diamonds are all AGS graded, Hearts and Arrows. I''m sure if you wanted a diamond that was not H&A, they would have it too.
Or if you want to just to take a look at what a H&A diamond looks like in person and see for yourself the spectactular perfomance of a well cut diamond and compare it to a mediocre one. You will be surprised.

Prior to them being my jeweler (yes, I might be a little biased here but it''s all true) I have actually compared their prices to other B&Ms to online stores and I''ve found that they are close to being the cheapest or equal to other stores and online vendors, obviously when comparing apples to apples. Keep in mind that when you purchase online in the USA, you will need to factor all the other taxes, duty and exchange into the price.

They carry the Scott Kay line if you want platinum but do have wg and other lovely designs. Good luck on your search and hope you will find the perfect diamond for your girl!

stockfan

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your posts.

Right now, I''m looking at online vendors/sites and comparing the prices of different diamonds. I''m still deciding whether I should get the diamond from Canada or US.
Since I have exposed to so many different sites after I have visited Pricescope, I think I should narrow down the choices between these:

Canada: Britton, Diamonexchange.ca, bluenile, diacan.ca
USA: Whiteflash (I think this is the one of the most recommended sites here)

Meanwhile, I''m looking for a diamond that has

#1 priority...Cut: Ideal (BEST CUT FOR SURE...I know there is a lot of different cuts out there. H&A may be my choice)

Clarity: VS1-SI2
Carat: 0.7-1
Color: D-G
Budget: $1000-4000 CDN

Any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results