shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to buy a TUNGSTEN CARBIDE men''s wedding band online?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
I''ve googled, etc. and have come up almost empty. I have found just a few small selections. Anyone have any good sites?

Thanks in advance.

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
So far I've found these:

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/tungsten_rings.html
http://www.joyjewelers.com/modules/tungsten/
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/tungsten-wedding-bands.html
http://www.thetungstenring.com/ringstyles.htm
http://www.titaniumera.com/tungsten.html
http://www.danielsjewelers.com/tungstenrings.aspx?c1=ppc&source=google&kw=tungsten_carbide_band_phm

and I'm not really impressed with any of them. Joy has the biggest selection and there are a few that I kind of like but I don't feel as if I've seen "the one" yet. Any other sites would be appreciated.

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
I really like the tungsten carbide rings that do not have inlays but I like when the edges kind of taper off to give a more unique look than just a plain band. Anyone with any other suggestions?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
My BF is considering tungsten or titanium rings, too. May I ask why you chose Tungsten? Also, he has the same taste as you, and I love the first picture you posted!

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Well, I actually have this ring right now in my possesion:

http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/tiri7mmblgrt.html

but I''m not sure how much I like it. It''s kind of cool for the ring to be soooo light but I think it''s a little too black on my finger and I feel to.....goth?

I really like the tungsten carbide because I think it looks cool, it''s unscratchable, and it''s not "the norm." Check my next post for some irony.....I would add the short story and pic here but I don''t know how to attach more than one pic to a single post
2.gif

titanium-rings_1887_3626900.jpg

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Ironic story:

This is the first men's wedding band that I really liked:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=876

Look familiar to the tungsten carbide one above?
2.gif

Obviously, the tungsten one doesn't have any diamonds but it also costs $330 vs $1850!

Yet another reason why I'm looking into tungsten, cheap price for great quality stuff.

5730.jpg

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
You could check out trew tungsten by trent west as i bleieve he has a search function to find out which jewelers sell his brand. They are a bit $$, but by far the most quality designs i''ve seen.

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Very nice link sylvesterii, I had not come across that one yet. He has some nice stuff!

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
i really like the designs too, but they won''t use stones sourced from elsewhere, so I ended up going with platinum instead, but never the less, still very nice looking rings, especially if you are going the no diamond route.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
We (my BF and I) realy like the look of the brushed metal. It adds a bit of flair to a ring that could be just a band. Is that last band a comfort-style one? My boyfriend is a coach and needs a comfort band so he won''t hurt himself.
28.gif

Also, I LOVE the original band you liked, with the diamonds. So unique. As for the one with the black, I can see how you''d think it looked "goth", I don''t really like it all that much, but that''s just because I''ve always been a purist when it came to men''s bands. I like the one with diamonds, but I like it more for ME, than him!!
31.gif

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure whether or not the last ring posted is comfort fit or not but I did email the company to ask them. As a side note, the ring with the diamonds in it from Signed Pieces above can be custom made larger to 6mm in case any one is interested. Also, the ring above from titanium-jewelry.com can be made in 8mm and 7mm versions instead of the 9mm version posted above.

So nobody has any other sites to find these types of rings?

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I bought the attached Tungsten ring for my boyfriend this January. He has been wearing it ever since and swears by them because there isn''t a scratch on it. We have previously tried titanium but he managed to mangle it with scratches in very little time. There isn''t a day that goes by without someone commenting on it, because the diamond cut reflects light so effectively.

In fact, we were in Birk''s last week looking at engagement rings (wow they are overpriced) and one of the sales people there congratulated us on the choice of the beautiful Birks Tungsten, and asked how we liked it.

We never mentioned that we bought it on eBay for about $60USD compared to the $900+ they want for it.. haha!

If you are interested the seller we purchased it from on eBay was baciodellavita. Thanks baciodellavita, bought a jacuzzi tub with the $900 we saved! Only we have to polish it with our shirt instead of asking the Birks girl to do it!
11.gif

Now I know of nightmare stories of people buying diamonds off eBay, and I was hesitant to even post this response, however, this was a 60.00 purchase, not 1000.00 so we weren''t out too much if it wasn''t acceptable. After reading on these forums I certainly wouldn''t buy a rock off of eBay....

Cathers
34.gif

My Tungsten.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Action Shot! I think I will have to read the manual for my digital camera before I try to take another ring pic...

Tungsten.JPG

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Bruce Boone made my husbands ring. His is with the slim platinum inlay rather than plain. He loves the look and I love the fact that it''s very durable (he fiddles with it and it has pinged off onto concrete, marble, tarmac, stone, tiles etc..).

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies and info and nice savings HR!

So I went to a local B&M jewelry store today to try on some rings and I''ve determined that I don''t really care for inlays (although platinum ones look ok). I do like the rings that taper off on the side more dramatically (like a step) rather than just flushly taper off. The next to rings are leading contenders, basically the same ring but one is brushed in the center and one is smooth.

The BIG problem that I''m having is that I want the band to be 7mm wide and size 7.75.....

It seems that every store can only get 6mm or 8mm bands (with the exception of Trent West rings and they do not carry the style I want) and nobody can make tungsten carbide rings in quarter sizes. Can anyone help me on these issues...maybe point me to someone who can custom make rings? I have contacted both manufactures and the first ring can be made in a 7mm version but not in quarter sizes.........the second ring can only be made in 6mm and 8mm and only half sizes.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Leading contender #1:

http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/tr-2096.html

7mm but can''t do size 7.75 - $329

Leadingcon1.jpg

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Leading contender #2:

http://www.joyjewelers.com/modules/catalog/customizer/step1.php?products_id=7286

Only 6mm or 8mm and can only do half sizes - $199

Leadingcon2.jpg

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
THIS POST IS REGARDING HOW NOT TO GET RIPPED OFF:

I went to a B&M store today looking at rings and found the ring above (option #2) for $567 + tax. I liked it but knew that it was overpriced as designer tungsten carbide goes for around $600 and this was not designer. I asked the lady who it was made by and she told me a company called Jewelry Innovations. She also added that they only sell to companies and not individuals -- attempting to detour me from ordering direct. I said ok, took down the info, said thanks and left.

I then went online and found Jewelry Innovation''s website. I saw the same ring listed, called them, and I can order direct from them at $499, no tax. I was still thinking that this was high and then I looked at the other rings I have posted pictures of in this post.

Low and behold, I had posted the EXACT same ring, even same model number as the one I was looking at today. It is from Joy Jewelers and is listed at $199, no tax! Tada, we have found the source of the ring!!

I can''t believe that this is how companies work. I mean, Jewelry Innovations is obviously buying the ring from Joy Jewelers and when they do, they aren''t even changing the stocking number!! Hahahaha!! Then, the kicker is that the B&M store is buying the ring from Jewelry Innovations at an inflated price instead of direct from Joy Jewelers....simply unbelieveable. Oh well, anyway, do your homework and don''t get ripped off!
34.gif
36.gif

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Nobody knows any custom ring shops that can do tungsten carbide?

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
Pretty please with a cherry on top?
25.gif

FerrariFred

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 1:42:28 PM
Author: Spuncorpceo
THIS POST IS REGARDING HOW NOT TO GET RIPPED OFF:

I went to a B&M store today looking at rings and found the ring above (option #2) for $567 + tax. I liked it but knew that it was overpriced as designer tungsten carbide goes for around $600 and this was not designer. I asked the lady who it was made by and she told me a company called Jewelry Innovations. She also added that they only sell to companies and not individuals -- attempting to detour me from ordering direct. I said ok, took down the info, said thanks and left.

I then went online and found Jewelry Innovation''s website. I saw the same ring listed, called them, and I can order direct from them at $499, no tax. I was still thinking that this was high and then I looked at the other rings I have posted pictures of in this post.

Low and behold, I had posted the EXACT same ring, even same model number as the one I was looking at today. It is from Joy Jewelers and is listed at $199, no tax! Tada, we have found the source of the ring!!

I can''t believe that this is how companies work. I mean, Jewelry Innovations is obviously buying the ring from Joy Jewelers and when they do, they aren''t even changing the stocking number!! Hahahaha!! Then, the kicker is that the B&M store is buying the ring from Jewelry Innovations at an inflated price instead of direct from Joy Jewelers....simply unbelieveable. Oh well, anyway, do your homework and don''t get ripped off!
34.gif
36.gif
So you are convinced that Joy Jewelers is the manufacturer and that Jewelry Innovations is the reseller? I''m pretty sure you have that backwards.

Spuncorpceo

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure that Joy Jewelers makes it but they at least are the initial sellers of the ring. They sell the ring to Jewelry Innovations who then sells it to the B&M store. Sorry if I was unclear before.....the B&M store is not Joy Jewelers.....I forgot the name of that.

soggylumber

Rough_Rock
I had a friend that purchased a customized Diamond wedding band from http://www.thetungstenring.com. It''s one that is listed at the beginning of this forum. She said it turned out wonderful.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I definitely recommend Bruce Boone at www.boonerings.com He specializes in titanium, but it wouldn''t hurt to ask about tungsten. I custom ordered my husband''s ring in 6 mm titanium with 2mm platinum inlay. He finished and shipped the ring within 24 hours of the order confirmation. We received it in 2 days. It came out really nice, very sleek and masculine. He also offers a lifetime polishing service free of charge.

Contact Bruce and see if he can help you out. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results