shape
carat
color
clarity

E-ring to 3 stone: pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Help!
emsmile.gif

I'm getting tired of wearing my e-ring with wedding band -- I just want ONE ring!

Did any of you change your e-rings to 3 stones rings so you could just wear one ring instead of two?

Mine is a round brilliant and I'd love to get a new setting with either trillions or rbs to flank my center stone. Also, what would be a nice complementary size for a 3ct RB? I like bigger stones -- the RB seems to look better with larger stones, as opposed to daintier ones... at least in the eternity band. It didn't look right with smaller diamonds in the band.

I would be eternally grateful for pics/ideas!!!! Whiteflash, GOG, Leon... I love them all!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
If working with a RB center stone, which side stones look best? I know it''s a matter of preference, but what''s a classic look one would never tire of?

I''m now thinking pears... Choices, choices!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Julian!
35.gif

I changed to a 3 stone ring so that I could just wear one ring. My center is a lot smaller than yours. It''s 1.04ct and the sides are 18 points each. Sometimes I wish I had gone with pear sides because I really like how the pears extend out to the ends of your finger, something the rounds don''t do, and I prefer the look of diamonds all the way across your finger.

If you really like bigger side stones, didiamond has a 3ct round with two 1ct sides stones. I don''t think you necessarily have to go that big, but maybe around .75ct may be big enough for you. It''s really hard to know what you will like until you try something on.

Kaleigh has a 2.36ct pear (I believe that''s the size of her center - I am too lazy to look it up right now.
2.gif
) and her pears are around .36ct each, which gives her sides a "daintier" look.

Here''s a pic of my 3 stone ring.

Scott_Kay_3_stone_a.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Trillions (rounded triangles) might look nice or maybe brilliant cut trapeziods? Maybe Ana can photoshop something if you post your ring again??

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh has pears. Headlight has trillions I think. Both rings gorgeous. Both rings in proportion.

shay

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Pebbles!!!!

emteeth.gif
Your ring is STUNNING! I love it!!!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I remember saving Diadiamond''s ring picture for ideas. I love the one with 2 rbs on each side. I thought that was so unique.

I love trapezoids!!! Hmmmm... I think a trip to WhiteFlash is in order!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I did! Mine is a three stone mod cushion but sqaure so they look fairly round to give you an idea. For ref., center is about 2.15 (7.9mm) and the sides are .50 each. This was to be a temp setting but i kept it.

Although I have started wearing it with a thin thin diamond band and it look fab ! :)

hbthree.jpg

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Hi Julian - check out this thread below it has a number of 3 RB stones. My fave is the one Mara showed on her finger "w" prong from WF...

3 Stone Link

Also, a co-worker of mine wears a 3ct with .60 sidestones each. She said she couldn''t make up her mind between .50 or .75 so went for something in between. I think it looks fantastic.. it''s another 3-stone I lust for (lol)..

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, those are all so gorgeous!

Thank you thank you thank you!
30.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Which set would have more sparkle overall?

Would it be a RB solitaire e-ring with eternity band -- or one 3 stone ring?

I just wonder if I change my e-ring to a 3-stone and wear just that would I lose some blingage from the smaller eternity band stones?

Sometimes it seems that smaller stones have more combined blingage because there are more of them -- over larger, ideal cut stones. Know what I mean?
35.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Well I tried wearing my 3 stone pear on my right with my diamond band on the other hand. Lets just say I''m a "Bling it Girl" because I really felt naked. I go for maximum bling so I combine the two on my left hand everyday.

So now I found my right was naked my first year of marriage... hmmmm whine whine whine!
17.gif
Presto hubby purchased a Sapphire & diamond right hand ring for our first anniversary. Probem solved!
31.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2006 12:45:59 PM
Author: Julian
Which set would have more sparkle overall?

Would it be a RB solitaire e-ring with eternity band -- or one 3 stone ring?

I just wonder if I change my e-ring to a 3-stone and wear just that would I lose some blingage from the smaller eternity band stones?

Sometimes it seems that smaller stones have more combined blingage because there are more of them -- over larger, ideal cut stones. Know what I mean?
35.gif
IMO, you have "bigger" sparkles with just the 3 stone ring and lots of "smaller" sparkles with the solitaire + eternity band. As far as what gives you "more sparkles", personally I think the solitaire + eterity band gives you more, but I think a lot of that has to do with the size of the side stones in the 3 stone ring.

Before I changed to the 3 stone ring, I had the solitaire + eternity band combo. I changed it b/c I just wanted to wear one ring....and now some 2 months later I am kind of wishing I hadn''t.
15.gif
My eternity band has 4 point stones in it and all those added together give off more sparkles than the two 18 point stones in the 3 stone ring. I don''t want to wear the 3 stone ring + eternity band b/c the eternity band is shared prong and I don''t want it to scratch the 3 stone ring.

What I kind of wish I had done, is get a 3 stone ring that has smaller diamonds down the shank. That way you have the all the sparkle with just one ring.
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I have a three stone ring with .50 each sidestones and three sided micropave on the shank and the combination gives off lots of sparkle! I prefer wearing just one ring.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is my three stone ring.

suemicro2.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s didiamond''s
RB with RB sides- the center is close to 4ct (I think) the sides are 1 ct each

RB3stonering.jpg

here''s Headlight''s

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is missgotrocks ring

ring2onhand.JPG

aaftabj

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 11:37:02 AM
Author: Sundial
This is my three stone ring.
Wow. Very classy, quite different from what I''ve seen before. I say this is a distinctive ring without trying too hard or appearing strange. Full points for a great design!
aaftabj

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Julian- what styles appeal to you?
I''ve been debating over whether to do a three stone look too.
There are so many choices.

Here''s Kaleigh''s with pears (another classic look)

kal3stone_1.JPG

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, SevensOne!

I love those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''m waffling between pears and rounds now. Do traps have as much sparkle as pears, I wonder?

What are you thinking of for your ring, SevensOne? You have SO much bling!!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
how about the best of both worlds:
three stone AND eternity

Libster''s
1br5.jpg

Noobie''s Wife''s

combojub3stone.jpg

shoeshopper''s

1098.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for pears, hehe
31.gif
They are all great looks.
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Nan, you are amazing!!! Do you have all the PS photos saved in folders on your computer for easy access or do you have a photographic memory of all the best rings?
9.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Julian,
What size is your finger? I''m just curious because my 3+ct princess takes up all the real estate on my finger. I can''t imagine having a 3 stone with a 3ct RB center!!!
30.gif

IMO, I would go for rounds or pears as side stones. Trillions look great with square cuts because they line up so nicely. But, because they don''t have the same brilliance or fire as rounds (or even pears) as they are rarely well cut, I would stay away from them.

No matter what you decide, I can''t WAIT to see the final product!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 4:21:03 PM
Author: researcher
Nan, you are amazing!!! Do you have all the PS photos saved in folders on your computer for easy access or do you have a photographic memory of all the best rings?
9.gif
ummm
20.gif
20.gif

I just know where to find them....
emembarrassed.gif

I love pics! (did everyone know that already!)
35.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julian -- we are in similar boats. I''m also considering converting my 3.5 carat solitaire e-ring into a 3-stone. What a happy dilemma we''re facing -- choices, choices, choices!
emwink.gif

The Leon Mege with pears posted right above is my current frontrunner -- he was great at getting back to me quickly with a price quote. The second-runner up is Kaleigh''s Tiffany setting with pear sides. Now I just need to find matching pears for a reasonable price. (I had also considered marquise sides set east-west, but there may not be enough room on my finger for such long stones) I''m open to heart sides as well, that would be a unique touch. The one thing I do not want is round sides -- 3 rounds together has too much of a "band" effect on me. I want side stones that really honor my center stone and allow it to shine front-and-center, and I think that sidestones of a different shape are best at creating that effect.

What''s your ring size? I''ve been shopping around at local B&Ms and have found that depending on the setting design, there may not be enough real estate on my size 3.5 finger for my center stone (3.5 carat round) AND 1ctw pear sides.
emembarrassed.gif
But I''m gonna look into it anyway, because I''m greedy like that.
emotion-14.gif
And also because after this, I don''t plan to make any more changes to my setting (I don''t think!!)...I''m a bling/size girl, and I want the most sparkle I can get. I do love the simplicity of a solitaire, but there''s just something about the 3-stones!

I plan to wear my plain platinum band with this future ring. If that bugs me, then I''d be fine just wearing the 3-stone on its own. :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you girls with big 3c+ stones are insane to convert them into 3 stones!! those things are so massively huge and blingy on their own right now, ESP on your tiny fingers julian and kristy!!!!
5.gif
now us size 6 finger girls have a REASON to covet a 3 stone ring,for mass real estate coverage, because a 3c don''t take up nothing on my finger...WAH!!!!!!!!
39.gif

i have to say i adore that leon mege ring that virginia posted if you want something delicate with pears, yummy!!! i also love the WF xprong ring, having tried it on that would be a huge frontrunner for a setting for me.

what about the 6 prong buttercup leon mege he has on his website in yellow gold? love that setting. that particular ring is a 2c center with 1c each sides. huge!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara -- I know, we''re completely NUTS. But I know you also know that it''s a sickness.
face21.gif
And it doesn''t help that I live in SF, the land of the "4-carat average center stone" 25-year-old ladies who lunch!
emsad.gif

Where is this yellow gold 3-stone LM ring that you speak of? I can''t find it on his site.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Mara was talking about this Leon beauty
30.gif
30.gif

editing for pic

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon Mege 3-stone ring..

leon3stonebuttercup.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 6:26:36 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Leon Mege 3-stone ring..
hee hee .....looks familiar
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results