shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT 40th birthday consolation prize: .68 Star 129 sapphire target ring

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You don't turn 40 every year (of course the same can be said of every birthday...) so I wanted something that would be a keepsake that I could pass down to my kids. Ivy and Rose had 2 Star 129 diamonds for sale, and after some back and forth I chose the .68 D SI2 (I think, maybe it's an SI1. It's eye clean). I knew I wanted a sapphire target ring because sapphire is my wonderful husband's birth stone, and diamond is mine. They had this beautiful setting, so I purchased the stone and the setting and in less than a week it was on my finger.

I think I need better photos, sorry.

My impression of the diamond is that it is just stunning! In indirect light it is basically a solid white. In bright sun and spotlight it's a disco ball. The blue sapphires are just the right color, and it is so comfortable to wear. I never want to take it off. I just love it. And I think the size is a good size for daily activities, too. The sparkle is mesmerizing and I can't take my eyes off of it.

And I can't say good enough things about Ivy and Rose. Everything from the communication to the actual production of the ring was top notch. Even though the ring was inexpensive, they treated me like a queen. I'm a huge fan.

IMG_4432.jpg IMG_4438.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OHHH! I love that setting and have been deliberating whether to buy it from them or not. Your ring is gorgeous. Happy Birthday!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring goals right there! It looks SO lovely & Happy 40th! Please post more pictures, including profile shots?

petite_singe

Shiny_Rock
Happy birthday! What a beautiful ring. "I wanted something that would be a keepsake that I could pass down to my kids." - Can't agree more with this, totally my jewellery purchasing rule as well. ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 40th birthday @BeekeeperBetty. Beautiful ring.:love:
And I am seconding the request for more shots please and yes to seeing the gorgeous profile of this ring too.:appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! Happy birthday!

Rubybrick

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You don't turn 40 every year (of course the same can be said of every birthday...) so I wanted something that would be a keepsake that I could pass down to my kids. Ivy and Rose had 2 Star 129 diamonds for sale, and after some back and forth I chose the .68 D SI2 (I think, maybe it's an SI1. It's eye clean). I knew I wanted a sapphire target ring because sapphire is my wonderful husband's birth stone, and diamond is mine. They had this beautiful setting, so I purchased the stone and the setting and in less than a week it was on my finger.

I think I need better photos, sorry.

My impression of the diamond is that it is just stunning! In indirect light it is basically a solid white. In bright sun and spotlight it's a disco ball. The blue sapphires are just the right color, and it is so comfortable to wear. I never want to take it off. I just love it. And I think the size is a good size for daily activities, too. The sparkle is mesmerizing and I can't take my eyes off of it.

And I can't say good enough things about Ivy and Rose. Everything from the communication to the actual production of the ring was top notch. Even though the ring was inexpensive, they treated me like a queen. I'm a huge fan.

IMG_4432.jpg IMG_4438.jpg
happy birthday! Lovely ring!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! And happy 40th!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!!! Love the blue. Happy Birthday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow BB, this is such a beautiful ring! :love: I can see why you love it so much, it looks stunning on you! :appl: Birthdays are always a little better with bling :P2

Q

Queenie60

Simply beautiful. Happy Birthday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely ring! I can't even remember 40! LOL

cheers--Sharon

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday, that’s a lovely ring :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday, enjoy your pretty new ring.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday! I love your new ring and have a sapphire target ring myself that I adore. It looks beautiful on you! Enjoy!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, I love that style!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday beekeeper! I love target rings and this is no exception. Enjoy your lovely piece!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A wonderful keepsake birthday present! Enjoy!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and really lovely on your hand! Can we have some close ups?:love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect gorgeous ring to mark your 40th. :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty. The diamond looks bigger than it is! Lovely on your hand.

BeekeeperBetty

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! I'll try to get better pics tomorrow, and some profiles. I wore it to one of my kids' friend's birthday parties today and the other moms couldn't stop staring at it. The Star 129 is such a fun cut to have.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply lovely, but more pics are a must!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. I love it!! it's classic.. :love::love::love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful! :love: Love the way it looks on you and a very happy birthday!!

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! this setting is beautiful! i just found their store and was debating on this exact setting, glad to see someone on PS had made the jump. How do you feel about it? Does it feel well made? i've never purchased from ivy and rose before but after seeing these pictures, im pretty impressed.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That really is a great ring. I love the setting too. Very secure!

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
That's so beautiful! A perfect size for every day wear. I inherited a sapphire bullseye ring a long time ago and the poor thing just sits in a box because the center is a large opal- between the coverage & worrying about the opal it is totally not wearable except for special occasions. It would be nice to have one like this that I could enjoy every day. Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this earlier so am glad it came back up! Your ring is beautiful and a great way to celebrate your 40th!:love::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results