shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hello-

I was at the diamond district today in NYC. I found a few diamond rings I loved. The center stores were rose cut. They looked HUGE! Can anyone tell me why they arn''t that expensive? compared to a similar round or emerald cut?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rose cut stones are typically very old stones, probably from around the early 1900''s unless they were cut recently to be a rose cut, but I think that a rose cut was the first faceted round brilliant. Only about 16 facets or something like that. Maybe they look larger because there aren''t that many facets?

I adore rose cuts but not because they sparkle, in fact I find them pretty dull next to modern day round brilliants, but I just like the fact that they are such an old style of cut and I always think about who used to own the diamond etc.

They''re not as expensive as a modern round brilliant, just like an OEC or a OMC would be cheaper than a modern day round or a modern day cushion.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I think they look larger because they have very little depth and are flat on the bottom. I believe the facets are shaped differently also and they don''t give much sparkle and they can be appear to be very clear. In the right, or wrong depending on how you look at it, setting you can see straight through them. And they''re really inexpensive because they just are desired anymore, most people prefer the sparkle of a modern RB to a clearer rose cut.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info. I couldn''t decided if I should change e-rings from my 1.95ct asscher to a 1.5 rose cut (looks huge though) based on visual size...I prefer the look of my asscher although it looks kinda small.

Thanks!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
rose cuts are priced more like semi-precious stones or somewhere in between. they are flat on the bottom. its a very primitive cut. while lovely a bad investment

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
On the last JCK Show about 20% of the designer (and i mean not brands, but hand made artistic stuff) jewelry were made with rose cuts.

I find them very attractive despite that they are... cheap - not the designer jewelry (it's not the case
9.gif
) but the rose cut diamonds.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think I have ever seen a rose cut diamond ... Does anyone have a pic of a loose one, and what it looks like?

Thanks and have a super day!
35.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Loose
03045-0338.P00.JPG

Rings
11396M.jpg

rosecutring_01.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Xchick!

Now I see about the flat part. I was scratchin'' my head earlier trying to picture a flat diamond!

Keep smiling!
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Here's a picture of a rosecut pear on a pendant I gave my daughter-in-law.

She thought for the longest time that it wasn't a diamond, but glass or quartz, or something!

I too have seen them a lot lately in designer jewelry and think they're great!

widget

000_3016.JPG

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Real Antique Rose-Cuts og significant size and accurate faceting allignment can be more valueble than modern diamonds...
Some double sided Rose-Cuts are verry expensive and verry rare,...

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2006 10:43:34 AM
Author: widget
Here''s a picture of a rosecut pear on a pendant I gave my daughter-in-law.

She thought for the longest time that it wasn''t a diamond, but glass or quartz, or something!

I too have seen them a lot lately in designer jewelry and think they''re great!

widget
Hi Widget!

Wow ... what a sweet Mother-in-law you are!
28.gif
emlove.gif

The pendant is very beautiful.
9.gif

I know for a fact that I haven''t seen any of these types of cut diamonds. I will know what to look for and heck, maybe I will find a great deal one day at an estate sale or something!

Have a fun weekend to all!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results