shape
carat
color
clarity

He did it! He really did it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
On Valnetine''s Day, it was so perfect! For those of you who didn''t know our V-Day plans, we''re both from Charleston, SC but my fiance (its so great to be able to say that) got relocated to Savannah in Decemeber. Since we''ve both been really homesick and yesterday was his birthday, we decided to spend the night in our beloved hometown. First we had dinner, which was amazing, then we drove around downtown Charleston and acted like a couple of tourists, checking out all the sites. It was really fun, but I kept expecting him to propose and he never did. At that point, I didn''t think he was going to.

Then, he left downtown and started heading towards our hotel. When he drove past it, I was just wondering what he was up to. Until we pulled into Patriot''s Point, which I''d never seen before. For those of you who that have never been to Charleston, Patriot''s Point is a naval maritime museum that has the USS Yorktown which was an aircraft carrier in WWII. He parked in the deserted parking lot and we had an awesome view of the Yorktown, the moon, the new bridge in the background and the whole city''s lights all around the harbor. We sat there for a few minutes, talking about Charleston and the history behind the Yorktown (we''re both history buffs) and stealing an occasional kiss. Then, he gave me this really cute look and said "I love you so much. I never thought it was possible to love someone like this until I met you. I want to spend my life with you, will you marry me?" And then he pulled out the little box and showed me the ring. I just said "Of course I''ll marry you!" and he slid the ring on my finger. And we hugged and kissed, it was amazing.

The ring is so beautful, its even more gorgeous than I expected and the diamond looks so much more stunning in its new setting. I promise I''ll post pics in SMTR once I get some. For now, here''s some pics of the bridge and Yorktown just to give you an idea of the view we had.

The Yorktown
USS_Yorktown.jpg

USS%20Yorktown.jpg

The New Bridge
Charleston%20Bridge.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I great view!!!!!
Can''t wait to get all the details!!!!

M~

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo Hoo - that's you off the list!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations and what a sweet proposal! You know the sharks will be circling for pics and HAND PICS don't you??hehehe.....HA HA HA HA!!! Great views too
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That makes two down, now!! The pictures are beautiful!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Xchick, great story! First I want to see the ring, then I want to know what you ended up wearing, LOL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

YAY!!!!
Sounds like you guys had an awesome night - now PICTURES PLEASE!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
2.gif
2.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It sounds like it was great and the view is gorgeous. I cant wait to see pics of your ring!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulatons!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Your fiancé
31.gif
is a sweetie, thank you for sharing pics of the view! It''s beautiful. I can''t wait to see the ring!!
9.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!
9.gif

My camera apparently doesn't have a macro feature, so all I have is a really blurry handshot and unfortunately, I left my camera at my mom's house last night. She's going to e-mail me the pic soon and then I'll post it. Hopefully, I'll have some clear shots by Saturday.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congrats!!!! Love the bridge shot. It is an awsome pic.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I like how it was done in your hometown! The view is awesome and I''m sure the ring is too!

Also- the brigde looks almost exactly like the new(ish) Zakim bridge in Boston. (part of the big dig)

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
OMG congrats! I''m so pysched for you and what a sweet proposal! What wonderful news!
36.gif
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh congrats!!! That`s a wonderful Valentine`s day proposal!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story. I LOVE Charleston, especially Battery Drive. All those wonderful old buildings and that pier (the one with the pretty swings on it?)! It's been a long time since I've been there (over 5 years). I wonder how much it's changed since then?

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Charleston hasn''t changed much. Downtown, the battery and the historic district, hardly ever change. The only difference recently has been the new bridge and the blowing up of the old bridges.

Thanks again everyone!
9.gif

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Sounds like it was very special
1.gif

Can''t wait to see the ring!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!! Congratulations, you''re engaged!!
9.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
My mom forgot to e-mail the pics from my camera and she''s already in bed, so hopefully I will have some pics tomorrow.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting, congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congratulations! Can''t wait for the pics!

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Chick! Can''t wait to see the pics too!

Tiffany1976

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh xchick, that is so wonderful. Wow, you thought it might be coming and then wow! So exciting! My Bella and I send congratulations to you, and your Bella:) Tiffany

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!
9.gif

I swear pictures are on the way. I called my mom three hours ago to remind her to send the pics, but she was having lunch with a friend. I just called her again because I figured she forgot, but she''s not even home yet. I should have them soon though!

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Chick!!!! What a lovely proposal.. And where is your mom with the pics?? She needs to get home soon.
2.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks!

Finally have pictures! I started a thread in SMTR here

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s wonderful news.
The pictures are just beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results