shape
carat
color
clarity

4 prong vs. 6 prong

4 Prong or 6 prong on Round Brilliant Solitaire 1.61, VS1, ideal, on 3 row pave band

• 6 Prong

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenniferucla

Rough_Rock
What are your preferences on 4 prong vs. 6 prong on a 3 row pave band solitaire?
Round Brilliant is 1.61, E, VS1

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 4 prong 1.3ct RB. I think it makes my stone look bigger...but at first glance it looked like a princess cut stone.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think 6 prongs look great on your size stone. I also like the security of 6 prongs.

However, having said that, I personally like the look 4 prongs better on most size stones
2.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I just ordered a .92ct ideal RB and am getting 4 prongs. My stone is a considerable amount smaller than yours but I''m very partial to 4 prong settings and I''ve tried on many different sizes of RB...but I wanted ideal so smaller better quality stone in the 4 prong setting I wanted. Good luck. I really think it''s going to look great no matter what you decide!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Both are lovely, but I prefer 6 prongs because I think it''s a little more secure. I think more prongs also makes the stone look bigger -- and added bonus!

You can see more of the beautiful stone with 4 prongs, though. And it kind of makes the stone look square in some cases, if that''s what you want.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
this is a lovely six prong without having too much "metal" around the stone

noon1.jpg

noon4.jpg

jenniferucla

Rough_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally like 4 prongs on stones under 2c (with tiny prong tips like mine so it looks round, not square) but above that I''d go with 6 prongs in a buttercuppish head....

There is a 4 vs 6 prong setting thread around here with an actual poll and I think it ended up being almost 50/50 after everyone voted! It''s definitely a preference thing.

MissIndecisive

Shiny_Rock
I prefer 6 prong in general but for the type of setting that you want - ie lots of pave, I think a 4 prong style would suit more. So I voted for 4 prong.
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well, believe me, I can agonize (4 vs 6?!) with the best of ''em,
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
but in the end, when it was all said and done, I chose 4 prongs over 6 for my 2.36 RB.

I love to see as much of my stone as possible (including the pavilion), and (IMHO) the minimal 4-prong look definitely showcases "more diamond".

DIheadview1a.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
4 prongs. That''s what I have on my ering also a 2.36. It is such a personal preference but like Lynn I want to see more of the stone and less metal.
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 6:56:12 PM
Author: jenniferucla
Thanks for all your replys.

I am starting to prefer the 6 prong setting, but am wondering if the 6 prongs would be too busy for a band that is pave set on all sides like this Michael B one. What do you think?

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/michael-b-jewelry/rings/26P1/0/an-exquisite-three-sided-pave-ring-with-pave-diamond-prongs-in-platinum.-the-ring-is-set-with-158-di/

Sevens - your set is beautiful!! The diamond looks huge!!
30.gif
Thanks but that lovely set is not mine
8.gif
8.gif

It''s luvdiamond''s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results