shape
carat
color
clarity

4.08 ct K VVS2 Antique Emerald Cut from Jewels by Grace

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm engaged!!!! I'm engaged, I'm engaged, I'm engaged!!! To the most fabulous guy I've ever met :love: :love: This ring is extra special to me on top of the fact that, well, engagement rings are special... because R got to "pick it out on his own" and surprise me, with the help of Grace from JbG and Resonance.of.Life. I had no idea he bought a ring, let alone when he was going to propose. I always thought he would give up trying to figure out jewelry without me, and would eventually ask me for help. Or that he would get overwhelmed and just give me a budget to shop with. But he sure as heck surprised me! He's guaranteed that this is the first and last piece of jewelry he ever surprises me with, though. Said something about it being too much pressure to buy jewelry for a Pricescoper? :lol: He's a trooper, for sure.

Anyway, without more chit chat... here's the stats:

4.08 ct
GIA K, VVS2
9.38 x 7.85 x 6.13 mm
Table 60%
Depth 78%
Girdle medium to slightly thick
No fluorescence
Small culet

Pictures of the loose stone with videos! :love:
https://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/Loose-Diamonds/401ct-and-larger/408ct-Vintage-Emerald-Cut/

Grace's pictures from above link for those who are lazy:

screen_shot_2016-01-03_at_8.png

screen_shot_2016-01-03_at_0.png

screen_shot_2016-01-03_at_1.png

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an awesome guy you have! Best wishes on your future together.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My own pictures :)

The third photo below is a picture of my Margeaux and my engagement ring, Emmaline, visiting with StarSparkle.

_1361.jpeg

_1362.jpeg

_1364.jpeg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

_1363.jpeg

_1365.jpeg

_1366.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Wow! He did great! Congratulations on your engagement. Wishing you many years of happiness. :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats again on your engagement! :appl: Thanks for indulging us with more close up pics of your vintage EC--I knew that was the exact same JBG stone when I saw it on your other thread! How will your fiance top this one for future anniversaries, lol?! :sun:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS :appl: !!!! It is wonderful to see you so happy! YAY!!!!

The ring is really gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: Oh my goodness, he did a great job (with some very excellent help)!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:
Aaaaawa! Best Wishes to the two of you.
So happy you met this wonderful man.

and gorgeous ring to boot!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
The part about his perceived pressure buying for a pricescoper had me chuckling out loud! Shared that with my husband (who has only ever purchased two pieces of jewelry for me because both purchases were not to my taste), and he commends your guy on his bravery as well as excellent taste, lol! Congratulations, what a stunningly gorgeous ring, he did well! Wear in health and happiness for years to come. :appl:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well he should certainly be able to get a nice long rest on *those* laurels. He did a great job! Congratulations on your engagement, especially to a PS-enabled guy!

(PS - Guys enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Just sayin' ;)) )

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats madelise. So happy for you to have a wonderful man and a wonderful ring. I have so been drooling over that EC on the JbG site. It looks amazing in that setting and on your finger. He did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing with us :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful, Congrats! :love: :love: :love: :love:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and your choice of ring. Guess you will never have to upgrade. Those antique stones are just so special and amazing!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, amazing stone and ring. What a guy, your fiancé. Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: he did well.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone gorgeous Ring gorgeous story!!! I actually went back and saw your previous posts and I'm just so thrilled that you are happy and settled! Life is too short not to be totally happy! Enjoy and congratulations!!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats love! :love: I am so happy that I got to be invoved in a small way and that R reached out for advice and help!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swooooonnnnnn! Absolute perfection! But you already know I'm over the moon! this ring is so stunning and thrilled for you! :love: :appl: :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He did a wonderful job!!! Beautiful stone and ring and all the happiness in the world to you both!!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! And what a beautiful ring! The boy did good! :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement! That is one stunning ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!!
And oooh... what an amazingly beautiful stone and setting. I love that your stone takes center stage in your ring. Enjoy wearing your ring and please add many more pics.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, that stone is amazing! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, congratulations! The ring is simply gorgeous! Please take many, many more photos for us!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't get much classier and fabulous than that! Congratulations on your engagement!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is amazing. Your fiance chose well :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL ring Madelise. :love: :love: :love:
What a great job your FI did in choosing it with Grace's and ROL's help. Just gorgeous!!!

I love that you found the love of your life and the bling to match. :appl: Wishing you all the best in your life with your dh to be...and looking forward to lots more pics of your new beauty pretty please. :love:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to you both on your engagement. What an absolutely stunning ring, it's phenomenal!
I'm sure it will keep you both entertained forever, its perfection :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How exciting for you and what a beautiful diamond!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations for a long and happy future together! And what a stupendous stone--holy mackerel!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results