shape
carat
color
clarity

Are your boyfriends stressing about proposal ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I know mine totally is, and I feel guilty because a few months ago I told him that a lot of my friends'' boyfriends did not put much thought into the proposal and the girls were disappointed. Now he thinks he has to create some elaborate fairy tale proposal. Oh well, I guess it will be interesting to see what he comes up with!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I wish mine was! I don''t think he''s even stressing about buying a ring yet
7.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea if he''s stressing--he seems pretty smug about having a "plan" though....
20.gif

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
I definitely don''t think he''s stressing.....but I know he''s nowhere close to that step. I do know that he is stressing a little bit about buying the ring....he finished grad school and just started working a couple months ago but he''s got lots of bills already and saving for a ring could take a long time. I get the impression that we will be engaged by summer time (based on what he''s said)....so that''s not very long to save. Of course I''m not being very helpful with this, gushing over super expensive Daniel K rings.
25.gif

I do wonder about the proposal.....I definitely want it to be romantic and magical and for him to put a lot of thought and effort into it. He''d be very hurt if he knew I thought this, but I am a little worried that I''ll be dissapointed. I mean I read about such romantic proposals here on Price Scope, and since we''re the last of our friends to get engaged (our 5 best couple friends are all married!)....I want it to be a big special event, something that''s worth the many many long years I''ve been waiting you know? (almost 7!)

In the end, what''s important is that he asks me sincerely and we decide to officially merge out lives together, and we get married. I know all the other stuff shouldn''t be in the forefront. But I can''t help but wish for a outrageously romantic and special proposal, BF declaring his undying love for me and saying he can''t live without me...on a beautiful exotic beach or something like that.
41.gif
Maybe I''m being unrealistic.....but I feel like I want something like that, or it will feel like "well, we''ve been dating for a very, very long time and we''re getting older and we''re done with school....and it''s time we got married. so let''s do it and make it official."
8.gif

Something like that is just way too practical for me! I don''t want it to be that we''ve come to a mutal understanding that we''re going to get married and live together....that feels more like a roommate arrangement than "you''re the love of my life and I want to cherish you and support you and worship you for the rest of our lives." Know what I mean?

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
It's funny. My BF isn't the most romantic guy in the world. I always tease him about it, actually. But he's so wonderful, I actually don't miss the usual romantic gestures (well, not too much). I'm not one for elaborately contrived scenes either, so I'd be happy with pretty much anything as long as it comes from his heart. But he's mentioned several times that he doesn't have a plan yet...so I'm thinking he actually is going to stress about being romantic and setting something special up. The funny part is that I'm actually the opposite of most of the girls I know, I'm hoping he keeps it pretty simple. I guess we'll see. Right now, I know the part that he's stressing over is talking to my father about it. Poor guy...I'm stressing about that part too!
6.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ellewoods that''s exactly how I feel! I know guys are guys and most of them don''t have the gushy romantic side like we girls do. But I always find myself wishing and hoping for a crazy romantic private proposal. I hope mine comes through! But whatever he does I love him all the same. I''ll let you know in about a year
2.gif
You lucky girls that have romantic guys had better let them know how much you appreciate it!
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend has the tendency to crack a dumb joke or pun to diffuse extremely serious conversations, so from the very start of our thinking about getting engaged conversations, I have been saying to him that the only thing I REALLY CARE ABOUT for the actual proposal is that he STAY SERIOUS for the duration of it, and not try to make it into a joke.
20.gif
I''m like, normally I think you''re funny, that''s something I love about you, but a proposal should NOT be funny. And I want it to be in private. So I don''t think those are too strict rules. Since while I would like the nice big fancy romantic proposal, I think something more understated would be more "us", so I''m really just hoping he can just stay sincere throughout the entire proposal.
1.gif

That said, the reason we were discussing this a few months ago is because my friend was kind of disappointed in her proposal (in the gardens of the cloisters, a medieval castle in NYC, which is very pretty and they flew up for the weekend and he carefully chose this as the most romantic spot), but she kept saying at least it wasn''t as crappy as her friend''s proposal (he gave her a card that said how much he loved her and then got down on one knee and asked her...all while she was changing to go out). So I think that just made him nervous, hearing about real people who were proposed to and didn''t just get so caught up in the moment the way he imagined it would happen. Also, I am a little worried he WILL still try to make a joke out of the proposal, and I think he can pick up on that.
20.gif

So all in all, yes, I think he is stressing about it. But he doesn''t have much time left to stress!!!!!
9.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Mine isn''t. Unless he''s REALLY sneaky, he hasn''t even made steps to make a purchase. Knowing his mild aversion to romance, he woul probably just leave it on a table somewhere for me to find when he isn''t around and just hope I put it on myself.

25 days...

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I know that when the time comes that my man will make it almost a holiday in itself... he said he would never merge a holiday and the proposal together becuase he wants to stand out... plus he likes to do over the top things... soo it should be interesting to see... but even if i was in my sweats sittin on the couch and he came up to me and asked me... i would still be just as thrilled!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
If he is, I don''t know about it! Like some have mentioned, romance is not my boyfriend''s forte, but he can be very sweet and that''s what I want. I don''t care for big, flashy and elaborate things, it''s just not us.
28.gif

Since I''m 90% sure he''s going to do it for our anniversary and we always have a small weekend "holiday" to celebrate together, he''s most probably going to do it then. We''re thinking about going to Ottawa this year to see the tulips. I usually go every year with my family and this year I''d like to go and see them with him. My grandfather (well, he wasn''t my grandfather, but he was my grandmother''s spouse until he died four years ago, and we were very close) was in the war, so it''s very meaningful for me. What I really hope my SO''s going to do is take me out to dinner and propose afterwards while we''re taking a walk in the park among the flowers, near Rideau canal, and then have a hotel room with a fireplace and a huge bath ready for us.
31.gif

I''ll most probably help with the weekend planning, so that''ll take some pressure off his shoulders...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results