shape
carat
color
clarity

Quest for help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

barwench

Rough_Rock
I have searched high and low, and finally stumbled across this forum. I hope someone here can help me. I don't know where else to go.

I am looking to replace my Mom's wedding ring that was stolen about 10 years ago. My Dad and I both have looked everywhere for a replacement - pawnshops, jewelers, online. The ring was purchased in the early '70s. It was antiqued gold, with a rose and several leaves around and to one side of the rose. In the center (if I recall correctly) of the rose was a small diamond.

I've attached a picture to the closest thing I can find. This is only similar design wise, not color.
ll9166251qf.jpg

My Mom was crushed when the ring was stolen, and I know it would mean the world to her to have it back, or one just like it.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone knows of a store I could find it at. Or even if there's a site that specializes in this type of thing. I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try.

Thanks so much for any information. I apologize for barging into this forum looking only for help.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
No apology needed. This forum is all about helping people.

There will be far greater knowledgeable advice to follow mine, but his is all I have to offer you.

You can take that picture (or a drawing) to a jeweler who designs by CAD. He can put the photo into the machine and edit it and adjust it to your verbal directions. A wax mold is then made...and then the ring. This is not as good as your moms original. If you are thinking of this plan for Christmas...get busy now.

Also that ring is Black Hills Gold...a mix of different colors of gold... if hers was also BHG do a internet search using the phrase Black Hills Gold. You will find mutiiple companies who specialize in that look.. Contact them with your photo and quest.

Best of luck
DKS

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
I am sorry to hear about your Mom''s ring, Doorknob has given you some good suggestions and a vendor who also specializes in custom jewelry might be your best bet. They will be able to make the ring to your exact specifications without too many problems. Definitely if you are thinking of Christmas get busy now as DK says, the companies will be entering their busiest time soon, so get in now if you can! I hope you are able to get a great replacement and I wish you luck in this endeavor! Many online vendors do custom work, get in touch now if you can and talk to them. They are great people and will do their best to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results