shape
carat
color
clarity

How early is too early to buy your veil?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''m trying to get things done early for my wedding, and wanted to know if I purchased a veil this month or so, would it store okay for my June wedding? Are there precautions I have to take, i.e. proper storage conditions, etc?
33.gif

Thanks!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought mine in May when I also bought my dress (wedding 8.12.06) they said to store it in a pillow case.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I bought mine shortly after I ordered my dress. They are storing at the bridal shop for me though. My veil took almost as long to come in as my dress did!

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I got my veil 10 months before the wedding, it took 6 months to come in

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i bought mine in july for my oct wedding so i didnt do it super far ahead, but even so the veil maker said to cover it in a white cotton pillowcase and hang it straight. dont cover with plastic because it could turn it yellow. also keep it in a dark room away from light and cigarette smoke!!!! (this was all advice she gave me)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 7:28:01 AM
Author: PunchNPie75
i bought mine in july for my oct wedding so i didnt do it super far ahead, but even so the veil maker said to cover it in a white cotton pillowcase and hang it straight. dont cover with plastic because it could turn it yellow. also keep it in a dark room away from light and cigarette smoke!!!! (this was all advice she gave me)

That is what they said to us too, and told us this how to store my dress also. HTH

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Great, so if I order the veil now and it arrives in a month or so, I could just hang it in a white pillowcase in a dark closet and not really worry about it?! Fantastic! I''m trying to get these things done now while I still have a little bit of sanity left.

How about white shoes for the wedding? Any problems storing them? What are you ladies doing?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I am going to wear white shoes. I kind of want to get something I can wear again. I don''t know, but I am sure if you keep them in the box they will be fine.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 3:32:40 PM
Author: Rascal49
Great, so if I order the veil now and it arrives in a month or so, I could just hang it in a white pillowcase in a dark closet and not really worry about it?! Fantastic! I''m trying to get these things done now while I still have a little bit of sanity left.

How about white shoes for the wedding? Any problems storing them? What are you ladies doing?

Tacori is right...that is how they said to store the dress too...:)

As far as wedding shoes...I bought white shoes (that satin kind, i attached a pic so you could get an idea of the kind of material, typical wedding shoe material i think) in June for my Oct wedding, and I just kept them in the box in the closet and they were fine :). of course now after the wedding and traipsing all over the grass and the dance floor, my white shoes are a mess! but I dont think i will wear them again anyway (sniff sniff, I loved my shoes! i wanna be a bride again!!! waaaaaaaaah
39.gif
)

twinkleshoe.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
PunchNPie, LOL, of course they store the shoes in the store I''m sure for a long time. I sometimes just don''t think
2.gif
LOL. Thanks for pointing that one out to silly old me!
2.gif
3.gif

And I so love your shoes!!!
30.gif
Were they comfortable? My concern is that a couple hours in, I will be so uncomfortable! I know I can buy the pads to put in the shoes, etc., but I would love to just find a nice comfy pair!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Rascal my shoes were soooo comfy! I didnt even know I was wearing them, and I danced all night in them.

My DH is 6''3" and I am 5''4" so I was going to get 4" heels and my bridal party talked me out of it and I am so glad they did. i surely would have fallen down the aisle in them!

let us know what you get!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results