shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing and Negotiating

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ThePoser

Rough_Rock
This is my first post. Please help. I have done price comparisons on this stone and they range from $6000-$7500. It is an eye-clean SI2. I can''t afford a MIND-CLEAN Diamond. I have tried to balance the 3-Cs but Carat won out. I want to negotiate a price for this diamond but I don''t know what my starting price should be. I want to give the local store and the salesperson(who has been very helpful) a shot at selling this diamond but if we don''t agree on a price I will go somewhere else. I also don''t know what my ceiling price should be. I did find a platinum knife tiffany style setting 4? or 6? prong in the store also but is overpriced. Can this be negotiated too? Any help would be appreciated.

AGS Document
Shape: Round H&A
Carat Weight: 1.354
Clarity Grade: SI2
Color Grade: H
7.18-7.20-4.38
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Proportions: Ideal
Total Depth Percent: 60.9
Table Percent: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown Height: 15.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.9
Pavillion Depth: 43.2
Girdle Thickness Field: 1.0-1.3
Flourescence: None

HCA
EX-VG-VG-VG

Thanks.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
As this post notes, finding a comparable could help. Though I see none in the search by cut database, and though the price stats option (above, under prices) suggests a range of $2800 - $4165 per carat, extrapolating from those 3 in the search by cut database suggests the middle of your range, and about $6,750, is reasonable...but I''d be interested in what others more experienced have to say.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ThePoser,

I don''t think it''s really appropriate for YOU to set the "starting" price. I would expect the jewelry store knows what they have into the diamond and what they expect as a reasonable retail price. Once you get a figure from them you try to haggle.

If, at the end of the day you end at a price that seems within your "ballpark" of $6,000-$7,500 then you did well.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results