shape
carat
color
clarity

Fall TV!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
After having to bear several long months of watching re-TiVo''d Angel and Buffy shows, every CSI Las Vegas since 2000 and Rockstar INXS...finally the fall season is starting and not a minute too soon!!!!!

I''m looking fwd to the return of Lost, Alias and Las Vegas, three of our favorites (Josh Duhamel is my 2nd husband!!)...also on the TiVo list is Invasion, Supernational, The Apprentice-Martha Stewart, Survivor: Guatemala, The Amazing Race, the rematch of Dancing with the Stars, all the new CSI seasons...gosh I can''t remember what else! I am the TV hog in the household and I hold the remote..LOL. Greg only watches about 1/3 of my shows with me...the rest he denounces as trash but secretly sneaks peeks from the kitchen barstool where he is ''reading'' his paper.
2.gif

So what are you guys looking fwd to..what''s on your TiVo radar????

Oh and who''s going to win Rockstar INXS?!? I so got hooked into that.
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
my one and only t.v. addiction is ''lost''. i can''t wait until wednesday!
36.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Although I am definately looking forward to Las Vegas, I am actually also looking forward to Martha Stewarts apprentice. Most of my tv is of the teenage reality type, so real network television has little appeal. I love the show the shield on FX but they start their season at a different time.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 9:17:08 PM
Author: belle
my one and only t.v. addiction is ''lost''. i can''t wait until wednesday!
36.gif
me too, belle! so excited
9.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
"Desperate Housewives" I can't wait! it's my guilty pleasure.
31.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone been watching ROME on HBO? Fantastic show! I also love Lost and look forward to its return.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I, too, am looking forward to Lost. Believe it or not, I am still hooked on ER. It''s really a dinosaur and there isn''t anyone left from the original cast, but I still think it''s worth an hour of my time.

HBO saved me this summer. Of course, there was the last season of Six Feet Under and the Comeback with Lisa Kudrow. Anyone watch the Comeback? I couldn''t quite make up my mind whether I liked it or not, but I definitely came back each week (almost).

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am looking forward (obsessively) to CSI (Las Vegas). It''s my favorite show on TV right now. I also like "House" on Fox. The actor that plays Dr. House is hilarious!!! Can''t wait for "Desparate Housewives" either. And the final episode of my other favorite show "Entourage" aired a couple of weeks ago. I''ll have to watch the reruns On-Demand.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 9:12:11 PM
Author:Mara
After having to bear several long months of watching re-TiVo''d Angel and Buffy shows, every CSI Las Vegas since 2000
ROFL. That''s what we''ve been doing too. Never watched CSI and spent all summer watching TiVo''ed episodes. Love it.

On my TiVo...Desperate Housewives, Lost, Alias (did you not fall off the couch when last season ended with that Tbone car crash? I almost crapped my pants.), CSI...that''s about it!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOST! I love that show - I even rented the DVDs from Netflix (I''m such a nerd!) So happy they won an Emmy for Best Drama. . I can''t wait until Wednesday! I also love Alias...have to see what happens to Vaughn!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh YES the end of Alias...I HATE when that kind of stuff happens in movies, I always jump and scream and then you feel stupid..haha. Of course then we had to go back and re-play it on TiVo in slow-mo a few times..hee hee. That's one of the best parts.

Las Vegas tonite was awesome...I LOVE Vanessa Marcil aka Sam. Someone told me a long time ago I looked like her and I watched her for years on General Hospital so she's long been a favorite of mine. Can you believe she had a baby with that tiny little body of hers?!

Oh and I forgot Desperate Housewives of course! Has anyone seen the new commercial for it with the 'apple' theme? Absolutely LOVE IT. I rarely see commercials due to TiVo but I caught it during one of my soaps...
31.gif

ETA: FG we were so over the CSI Las Vegas about 3-4 weeks ago after we'd seen EVERY episode, that's when I re-added Angel and Buffy to my wish list...
9.gif
I was getting desperate. Greg said...didn't you already see all those? I said well that was 2 years ago and we're done with CSI so I have to see SOMETHING.
40.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Mmmm... Tivo has fueled my tv addition something furious.... Here''s my biggest guilty pleasure, though:

Veronica Mars--I absolutely love this show. It sounds so trite when you do the 30 second recap, but it actually has a very film noir feel to it. The story arcs are fantastic, the writing superb, and I personally think Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring are two of the very best young actors currently on the scene. (Hey Mara, if you are a big Buffy fan, Charisma Carpenter and assorted other Buffy alums have signed on to have recurring roles this season...) Who would have thought I''d love a show on UPN this much?

I''m also planning on putting significant time into Rome, Lost, Alias, and for the next few weeks, Laguna Beach (don''t stone me!).

Do any of you ever go to Television Without Pity? It''s an absolutely hilarious website that does these super in-depth, snarky recaps of a lot of the major shows on television. Some shows I''m more excited about the recaps than the actual show itself (sad, I know)!

Rube

Shiny_Rock
We don''t have a lot of time to turn on the TV in our house, but we ALWAYS watch Arrested Development. I''m so glad it''s back!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *love* Television without Pity!!! It''s HILARIOUS! I used to love watching the shows then reading their recaps, or if I missed the show entirely, I go to TWP to read the recap. I was so bummed when they stopped recapping Nick and Jessica/Newlyweds and The Bachelor shows since those were some of the BEST snarky recaps I had read on there. And I love the nicknames they give to the characters, soooo apt!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 11:37:26 AM
Author: Rube
We don't have a lot of time to turn on the TV in our house, but we ALWAYS watch Arrested Development. I'm so glad it's back!
36.gif
I completely forgot!! I also TiVo Arrested Development and Family Guy. Hysterical.

Mara, I also played back that last scene in Alias at least 20 times! We were watching in slo mo to see if we could figure out who was in the other car, etc. LOL! (We couldn't figure it out.)

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
I love CSI Las Vegas and Medium. I want to get a Tivo
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL FG...I know...I love looking at scenes like that in slo-mo because I like to see how it all came together, otherwise it''s just a blur!

re: TiVo...almost everyone I know has them but I realize I live in a strange microcosm and that 99% of the rest of the viewing American public does not have one though so many people in the Bayarea do, they''re local as well. The funny thing is that TiVo is really in desperate need of a mass push to get these out to people or else they will not survive...their units have been $200-400 in the past but now they just dropped them down to something like $50? They are really trying to get them out there. They had an agreement with DirecTV so I am surprised that has not pushed more units into homes for free, because the deal was something like get DTV and get a TiVo unit for $50 or $99 or whatever. It was a great deal but only for new subs. So I have no idea why the DTV/TiVo thing didn''t really take off...but I think people elsewhere are still learning about it.

I hope they make it because I personally ADORE TiVo and would not want to have to get another BRAND of DVR...TiVo was the original and I have had mine for about 3 years now! I don''t even remember TV life before TiVo..honestly. It makes TV watching so much more efficient because you don''t have to watch commercials and you can only watch TV when YOU want to rather than having to be a slave to when a show comes on. I watch less ''random crap'' because I always have something I want to see TiVo''d.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait for the new tv season. Definitely looking forward to Desperate Housewives, Apprentice Martha, The Amazing Race (although this season is with families so I''m not sure what to expect from my all time favorite show), and the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I am addicted to this show and have seen every episode 100 times--can''t wait for the new ones!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 12:31:33 PM
Author: Mara
LOL FG...I know...I love looking at scenes like that in slo-mo because I like to see how it all came together, otherwise it''s just a blur!

re: TiVo...almost everyone I know has them but I realize I live in a strange microcosm and that 99% of the rest of the viewing American public does not have one though so many people in the Bayarea do, they''re local as well. The funny thing is that TiVo is really in desperate need of a mass push to get these out to people or else they will not survive...their units have been $200-400 in the past but now they just dropped them down to something like $50? They are really trying to get them out there. They had an agreement with DirecTV so I am surprised that has not pushed more units into homes for free, because the deal was something like get DTV and get a TiVo unit for $50 or $99 or whatever. It was a great deal but only for new subs. So I have no idea why the DTV/TiVo thing didn''t really take off...but I think people elsewhere are still learning about it.

I hope they make it because I personally ADORE TiVo and would not want to have to get another BRAND of DVR...TiVo was the original and I have had mine for about 3 years now! I don''t even remember TV life before TiVo..honestly. It makes TV watching so much more efficient because you don''t have to watch commercials and you can only watch TV when YOU want to rather than having to be a slave to when a show comes on. I watch less ''random crap'' because I always have something I want to see TiVo''d.

I so agree, Mara. I LOVE Tivo! My friend told me once that getting Tivo would change my life. A little dramatic, yes, but I must say there is some truth to that. TV watching has never been the same. For that reason, I was devastated to find out that my Tivo wouldn''t work in Canada (apparently there are campaigns to bring Tivo up here). Anyway, I had to settle for some other brand DVR. It works fine, but it''s no Tivo. I still refer to it as Tivo, but I know it''s not the real thing. I''m surprised to hear they''re not doing well. Everyone I know has one too. Hmmm. I would imagine the advertising industry isn''t too pleased with them. I can''t think of the last time I watched an entire set of commercials.

By the way, Mara, which soap do you watch?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watch GH and One Life to Live...my guilty pleasures. Greg says they rot my brain cells out.
9.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well lets see..... My tiVo is going to implode.

Apprentice, Blake always says that show helps me let out my aggression- I often tell everyone on that show what is up- because I am one to talk... :)
Medium
Arrested Development
Family Guy
How I met your Mother
Supernatural
Prison Break
Scrubs
Nip and Tuck
Bones
CSI

Ohh...and I am a huge dork.

Laguna Beach... I know I know.
11.gif

Super Sweet 16- I am like a moth to a flame. It blows my mind....really come on.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All my Children is my favorite soap. I''ve watched it since I was little.
9.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see, I''m also w/ya on CSI (all three), Las Vegas but then.. there''s ROME right now.. and Entourage (which was a GREAT substitute for SITC)... But then I''m all about fantasy.. Charmed, Smallville.. (...searching for my new Buffy or Angel...) Then there''s Veronica Mars.. only seen a few episodes .. but maybe I''ll be a viewer.

And my darn Law&Order habit. That stuff is like crack. I don''t even WANT to watch.. and then I WATCH and WATCH more. Someone help me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh K I watch AMC sometimes too if I have extra time.
31.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 1:31:23 PM
Author: kaleigh
All my Children is my favorite soap. I''ve watched it since I was little.
9.gif
Kaleigh, one of my friends had a short recurring role on AMC last fall. She played one of the girls who tormented Lily. (If you remember, she was blonde & her name was "China". The main girl of the 3 of them had brown hair). She''s not mean in real life!! I started to get into AMC a little bit, but I knew I just wouldn''t have the time to watch 3 soap operas in one day! (I am a die hard Days of Our Lives Fan & have watched Passions by default since it started).

My TiVo is going to explode - but there are so many conflicts that I have to team up with the BF to record things on his computer. Our lineup is:

Desperate Housewives
Family Guy
American Dad
Days of Our Lives (he won''t watch the soaps with me)
Passions
Scrubs (eventhough it''s not coming back in the fall right away :()
The Office
My Name is Earl (trying it out tonight)
That 70''s Show
Joey
The Apprentice, Martha & Donald
ER
Everwood
House Hunters
It''s always Sunny in Philadelphia
Seconds from Disaster (BF Choice)
Air Emergency (Another BF choice)
The Price is Right
Jeopardy

These are just my season passes & I may have missed a few I don''t remember. I think I could quite possibly be a spokesperson for NBC, haha.

I never got into any of the CSI''s or Lost or Alias. My parents TiVo those, but as you can see, my lineup''s pretty full already!

TiVo rocks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah I forgot Charmed and Smallville and I think we are going to add Criminal Minds for a few episodes to see what we think.

Then of course The Bachelor/ette and also American Idol when they come back too.

I have the DTV TiVo which can record two shows at once but sometimes I STILL have a conflict. Where''s the version that can record three shows at once? True sickness!!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 1:44:48 PM
Author: Mara
Where''s the version that can record three shows at once? True sickness!!
Mara,

If you have DTiVo, this wouldn''t really work b/c you need the box to get the satellite channels but....

Any computer can actually solve this problem. You can install an unlimited number of t.v. cards, hook up cable lines to them & record away. Although it''s no TiVo, it would definitely solve conflict problems. I remember my boyfriend telling me once of this guy who had 20 or so shows recording at one time.

The other solution - get another TiVo!
31.gif
I don''t know if you''ve ever been to the TiVo Community Forums, but some of them have up to 5 TiVo''s (one for each major network). Maybe that''s a little excessive, but hey, to each their own.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
The new fall line up is the best I can remember in a long time.

I am desparately waiting for "housewives" !

And Martha''s new show.

And Trumps "The Apprentice". One of the cast, a realtor from College Station Texas, Clay is a business friend of mine. He openly admits he is gay, so it will be interesting to see the interaction on the show. The cast this season are all fairly successful already, so I think there will be some tough assignments from Trump. Can''t wait to see what happens!!!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Who else, besides me, likes Bones? So the dialogue is cheesy, and quite possibly so is the premise, but David Boreanaz...
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Anyway, since I live in DC, it''s fun to point out the DC landmarks (or point out when they get the landmarks so terribly wrong). I happen to know 2 forensic anthropologists, one of whom also works for the FBI, so it''s cool to get the real scoop!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, we decided we are going to try and cut down on our t.v watching this season
39.gif
but our list includes:
alias,
CSI - vegas, miami
Las Vegas
i like Desparate Housewifes
extreme home makeover

and my all time favorite comedy right now. According to JIm...we love it...we actually laugh out loud..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results