shape
carat
color
clarity

price of a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandiamond

Rough_Rock
hi!, i got a price quote of 30% below rap list for the diamond described below, i was wondering if it sounded like a good price. i know that there is to little info to make a good judgement but still i need some help!

brillient cut
weight: 1.05
hieght: 3.91
color: H
clarity: si2
table: 59%
finish: vg-vg
depth: 58.4%
flor: mb
diameter: 6.66*6.73
gridle: vt-m

thanks

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
mandiamond,

Assuming the diamond has a GIA report and is a round stone, 30% below rap list works out to be around $3,700 for this diamond. That is a fair price for a diamond with this color/clarity/size, but I think most people (myself included) would advise you try and find a diamond with better proportions. 58.4% Depth / 59% table is nothing to get really excited about, regardless of what comes back for crown/pavillion.

Best of luck,

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Also, hopefully you''ve seen this just a little further down the page...

Regards,

DolceVita

Rough_Rock
Not a very good price, 30% back. You can do better, by researching a little more. If it''s EGL, and not GIA, than you better stay as far away from that as possible :)

And I agree that you should seek proportions which are better.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jim & Daniel,

I respectfully disagree. 59%/58.4% could be a perfectly lovely stone. There isn''t enough information here to give reasonable professional advice aboout either the cutting of the stone or whether it''s appropriately priced.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results