clarity

Shoes!!!

Help me pick my shoes!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Please help me pick!!!
37.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I voted for #1, but I like them all. #1 is just so SEXY though. They don''t look super comfy. If you wanted something a little comfier maybe #3?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
can you handle those heels all night?!
6.gif
I would be dying! hehe.. I''ll be so impressed if you can wear shoes like that all day. I wish! I like them all too, but I picked 1.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think #4 is way cute and still sexy
3.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE #1 and think its totally sexy, but so is #4...if I had to choose just one, it would be #1...I would choose #3 for comfort and slip my off and on as I grew tired...just my 2 cents!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Question.
How much do you want to dance at your wedding?
If you want to dance a lot, I'd suggest going with 1, 3, or 4.
Latin/Ballroom shoes are made in styles similar to these three.
I might be a little wary of the thin straps in style #1, thin straps to me = pain.
3 is probably more of a smooth dancing style, like Foxtrot or Waltz -
so it may come off your foot a little easier when dancing.
2 is probably going to get uncomfortable quickly.
They are all SUPER cute! And if these issues are moot, than ignore me, they are all great.
1.gif

*I guess I vote for number 3, it looks the most comfortable, while still being sexy and elegant.

Scintillating...

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Scintillating, do you think it''d be a good idea to wear actual ballroom shoes for a wedding? I''m considering this (I love dancing & plan to dance as much as I can), but am slightly concerned that I might ruin them by walking on the beach....

Surely ballroom shoes would be much more comfortable than regular street shoes?

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for #1 and #3 ~ But all of them look fabulous~

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2005 1:18:49 PM
Author: BrightSpot
Scintillating, do you think it'd be a good idea to wear actual ballroom shoes for a wedding? I'm considering this (I love dancing & plan to dance as much as I can), but am slightly concerned that I might ruin them by walking on the beach....

Surely ballroom shoes would be much more comfortable than regular street shoes?

Ballroom shoes are very comfortable! More comfortable than ANY of my other dress shoes.
They provide good padding, and good support, and good flexible soles.
They have very soft leather soles, which are not intended for walking on pavement or outside at all.
But - If it's just for one day, what can it matter really? How much walking outside are you going to do on your wedding day really? Probably not much. Are you going to want to wear them again? If the answer is no, then go for it.

If you do want to wear them again - I would get a pair of shoes for the ceremony, and change into ballroom shoes for the reception. This is what I plan to do.

A word of caution about Ballroom Shoes,
They are sized very differently from regular shoes.
(Believe their sizing instructions, they vary by manufacturer. If it says order 2.5 sizes down, do it!)
Try them on before you buy if possible.
If ordering online, order two sizes and send back the one that doesn't fit.
They are supposed to fit tighter than regular shoes, but not so tight that they hurt or pinch.
This is so that they don't move/wiggle around when you dance.
Also - Most are made in Europe. They have gotten more expensive recently, due to the weakening dollar and other issues.
8.gif

Some big brands:
Supadance
Dance Naturals
Freed of London
International Dance Shoes
Dansport

These would be cute for a wedding - Showtime has a good selection of shoes.

Dance Shopper has some killer shoes

I love these Freed of London

I hope this helps all the dancing brides!

Scintillating...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I love # 1 and # 4. For comfort I think #4 would be more comfortable but for looks # 1 rocks!

Heather

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I chose #1 as well! They are very sexy but look like they''d be uncomfortable. But you''ll definitely be able to wear them again!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Scintillating, what a great & informative post! Thanks! I love the shoes you posted as well--ballroom shoes are so lovely & I can''t believe how many pretty wedding-friendly options there are!

I think it would indeed be better to wear other shoes to the wedding & change into ballroom shoes for the reception so as not to wreck the ballroom shoes. (I''m hoping to order the wedding shoes early & do a lot of pre-wedding dancing in them to break them in & get used to them.) I''d rather not wreck them on my wedding day. (so I''m thinking silver leather might be a better choice than white satin so dirt won''t show...) I was also thinking about character shoes...maybe they''d be a more durable choice as the sole is hard leather, rather than suede. What do you think? This pair of character shoes is not too bad looking...

cabaretsilver.jpg
Link

Sorry for the thread-jacking.
emembarrassed.gif

Dodger Gurl, here are some pics of pretty dance shoes in case you, or others, decide to go this route:

9041c973ac792d6c4b06750ac9f8f858.jpg
Link

81926-d.jpg
Link

81932-d.jpg
Link

INT_2_NADX.jpg
Link

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Dodger girl -
What does your dress look like?

Scintillating...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
#1 esta muy caliente! my fiance is on the shorter side so i''ll be in flats so those are out for me. I did try on #3 -- they''re ok. i wasn''t impressed with their quailty -- esp relative to how much the shop was selling them for!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to say #1, but just love the look of open-toed shoes....so I vote for #3
1.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Hey thanks for voting gals! Wow, NOBODY liked #2 huh? A little too much? However, I am in a quandry because these are the shoes I am IN LOVE with but our ceremony is going to be on grass!
6.gif
On one hand, I don't want to get stuck in the grass, but on the other I just love love love these shoes and nothing else has caught my eye. The ones with thicker heels that I've seen all look
14.gif
to me. *sigh*

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
on the grass?? beautiful!...but bummer
15.gif
unless someone needs their lawn aerated, heels (especially spike) are not the best option. you sure don''t want to have to worry about getting stuck on the way down the aisle! would you be interested in a wedge?

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
A good point was brought up about dancing at your reception...dance shoes are a great choice and besides the ones mentioned and pictured here, you could go into a dance studio or a dancewear supply store and try some on. Another option...if there is an adult dance studio, ask what shoes they recommend for those getting married. Alot of folks go to a dance studio to take dance classes for the wedding dance at their receptions so they are trained to fit your foot to the dance. I own a dance studio out here in Riverside, CA. My daughter teaches so we have had a little experience with this request...just a helpful thought to throw your way...Good Luck!
emotion-5.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
My bridesmaid saw and fell in love with a similar style in a magazine so I voted for #4. All of them are super cute!

Stephanie

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
WOW--#1 or #2--great shoes!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results