shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond stud earrings - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nycguy

Rough_Rock
I would like to purchase diamond stud earrings for about $1500-1600. anyone know what size/quality i can expect to get for this price? i would like to spend nearly all of that $ on the diamonds and not the setting.

thanks!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look up 'martini earrings' on this forum you might find out a hoard of posts sayig that the least one sees of the studs' settings the better. THIS is the very thing (the picture comes from Winkjones.com). These guys are $120 but you might well find stud settings for less than $100...

As the story goes, everything shows less in earrings that it would in a ring. I am not sure what do you have in mind, but one way to gdeal with this would be to keep them SI clarity and think color afterwards. If you kept a certain range for other pieces of jewelry perhaps it makes sense to keep that in mind, but otherwise J sounds great.

The project sounds like 5mm or so (0.8-0.9cts total) three-prong earrings to me by now.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I would guess you could get .35 - .4 ct each in H-I/SI1 - SI2 ideal cuts. IMO the cut and size are the most important aspect of studs. You can mask a lot of color and clarity sins in this size stone set on an ear as opposed to a finger. No one gets as close to the ear to inspect color or clarity, but well stones will sparkle with the light, framing her face.

Do some searches and call some vendors to see what you can find. Match the diameters and the colors fairly closley, and you will have beautiful studs! Martini setting are the way to go in white or yellow gold. Platinum will cost too much and not be visible.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results