shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with engagement idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeavyBall

Rough_Rock

I'm new to the forum and am about to purchase a new bridal set for my wife. I'll be mounting my grandmother's .90 ct brilliant round VS2 F-G. I really like Tiffany's platinum Etoile band, and have found a jeweler to make a version of it. I'm hoping someone can tell me if I'm getting a good deal. I've attached a pic as well.

Band: Platinum, 4mm wide, 10 diamonds, SI1-2, G-H, .40 ctw.
Engagement ring: Platinum, 6 prong.

The band will be $1500 and the engagement ring $500. The actual Tiffany Etoile is $1650, with better stones but almost half the carat weight (.23).

Thanks for any help or advice.
matt%233.jpg
matt%231.jpg

matt#3.jpg

HeavyBall

Rough_Rock
Pics added. Thanks again!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Cant see the pictures....
39.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can't see the picture either... but judging from the stats, I would not make a big deal of diamond weight here - it is harder to get the tiny ones to look brilliant and set nicely. And SI1-2 for uncertified (as usual) melee can be really bad news. The prices are so close, that with just these choices I would go for the original.

Aside Tiffany's, Vatche makes a scattered diamond band (about $1400, prices vary by shop) - with this at least you see what you are getting - there is no room for surprises about the work or quality or anything. The stats are about the same as tiffany's.

Just IMO. It may well be that the jeweler you found uses hi quality, conservatively graded accent diamonds and their work is flawless. But this I cannot know so I was trying to put caution first for your consideration. Just my .2 worth
2.gif

Is the ring going to be Etoile style too ?

combination_etoile_ring.jpg

HeavyBall

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I tried to insert image and used my local address (c:/pic.jpg) for the URL address. Any ideas how to upload from my hard drive so that all can see?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can always email them to a PS memeber and they can post them for you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2005 11:44:18 AM
Author: HeavyBall
Thanks for the replies. I tried to insert image and used my local address (c:/pic.jpg) for the URL address. Any ideas how to upload from my hard drive so that all can see?

you can''t upload more than one pic at a time and you have to use the attach file (upper left) in the reply. this will let you chose what pic you want to upload and be sure to give it a unique name. the url function is for pics already on the internet somewhere. at least this is how i do it
1.gif

HeavyBall

Rough_Rock
Here is the first pic (hopefully).

matt2.jpg

HeavyBall

Rough_Rock
...and the second. The diamonds will be positioned similarly to the actual Tiffany band. The engagement ring is a standard, 6 prong tiffany. I like the flat prongs, they seem a little more contemporary.

matt4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results