shape
carat
color
clarity

30th Bday Pressie: Diamond Turtle Pendant

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've that big 30th birthday coming up in less than two months and I finally think I know what I want to commemorate the birthday!!! First I thought DH and I would go on a trip, but it doesn't really work with our schedules. We also are planning a big trip to the Galapagos next year, so I'm not super itching to travel.

Parks Fine Group posted this adorable rose cut sea turtle on insta about a week ago and it sold almost immediately.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzyFcPnlokM/?igshid=1bzazb1fwr4zz

20190721_084815.jpg

Like how cute is that!!! I fell in love hard - it's so classy and different! DH and I lived on Oahu for about a year and a half, and we only moved away begrudgingly. We love snorkeling and marine life, and I miss it so much. It'd be nice to have a blingy representation of my favorite hobby, especially now that I can't do it nearly as often. Somehow DH is totally on board with this purchase, even though it's way more than we typically spend on birthday presents. I guess he's a sucker for turtles too :lol-2:

I reached out to Alex and he's making another soon. I asked if I could call dibs, or if the best thing to do is watch his page. He said it's first come first serve, so to watch his page. BUT now I'm so nervous I'm gonna miss out on it again!

Do you think another jeweler could make something in a similar vein? Not a copy, but their take on a sea turtle with a rose cut for the shell? If so, who would you recommend?

Or is my best bet obsessively checking IG until I secure my precious???

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw that and thought it was absolutely adorable and classy! I am a bit disappointed for you that he cannot ‘hold’ the one in production for you. Have you offered to place a deposit? Or even pay in full now as you wait? If not, :doh:I would work with someone else to re create it. I am sure the usual jewelers used here can make it, CvB, DK...
Happy birthday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've that big 30th birthday coming up in less than two months and I finally think I know what I want to commemorate the birthday!!! First I thought DH and I would go on a trip, but it doesn't really work with our schedules. We also are planning a big trip to the Galapagos next year, so I'm not super itching to travel.

Parks Fine Group posted this adorable rose cut sea turtle on insta about a week ago and it sold almost immediately.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzyFcPnlokM/?igshid=1bzazb1fwr4zz

20190721_084815.jpg

Like how cute is that!!! I fell in love hard - it's so classy and different! DH and I lived on Oahu for about a year and a half, and we only moved away begrudgingly. We love snorkeling and marine life, and I miss it so much. It'd be nice to have a blingy representation of my favorite hobby, especially now that I can't do it nearly as often. Somehow DH is totally on board with this purchase, even though it's way more than we typically spend on birthday presents. I guess he's a sucker for turtles too :lol-2:

I reached out to Alex and he's making another soon. I asked if I could call dibs, or if the best thing to do is watch his page. He said it's first come first serve, so to watch his page. BUT now I'm so nervous I'm gonna miss out on it again!

Do you think another jeweler could make something in a similar vein? Not a copy, but their take on a sea turtle with a rose cut for the shell? If so, who would you recommend?

Or is my best bet obsessively checking IG until I secure my precious???

Offer a deposit if you can. I understand him wanting to sell first come first serve but perhaps if you offer a deposit that will ensure it being there for you when you are ready. It is precious I agree.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a perfect turtle! I too would offer a deposit - why wouldn’t he want to do that? A practically guaranteed sale?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it’s yours!!! I LOVED it!! It reminds me of my black coral one DH bought me in Hawaii (but yours is way cooler).

Enjoy it!!

Blah, working on my first cup of coffee. I don’t see how he won’t just make you one. That is sort of ridiculous

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adorable :kiss2:

He’s posted pieces labeled “commissioned” before on his IG, so it does seem to be something he’ll do. Maybe with a deposit, as others suggested?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed with others. Offer to pay a deposit, or ask if he will make one as a commission. I feel like he might have misinterpreted your question as, "I like this and might try to buy the next one" instead of " I 100% want to buy this, how can I do that?"

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You all are so right!!! I'll offer either a deposit or to pay in full. I could totally see his point that he might not think I'm serious. I imagine plenty of people message him that they like or want certain items and never follow up.

In the case of a deposit or payment in full - would you recommend stipulating that it'd be refundable? If not, what questions would you ask? I think I'd want to see pics and videos of the stone he's using plus stats, if I'd be committing to something nonrefundable.

Definitely not mentioning PS though :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, it’s yours!!! I LOVED it!! It reminds me of my black coral one DH bought me in Hawaii (but yours is way cooler).

Enjoy it!!

Blah, working on my first cup of coffee. I don’t see how he won’t just make you one. That is sort of ridiculous

I'd love to see a picture of your black coral one!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
42442B60-2213-4A72-B498-573DAD5EE343.jpeg 8951BF78-16EE-4E87-B464-6C66E9C0DB2E.jpeg 0F4818E6-98CE-4120-800E-3796E92C0C0E.jpeg

In December 2011, DH handed me an envelope for Christmas. It was a trip to Oahu and then a 7 day cruise on the Pride of Hawaii around the islands.

Dh bought this little guy for my anniversary present from whatever jeweler was in the Hilton Hawaiian Village in June 2012.

He was told it is black coral— take that for what it is worth.

Anyway, we spent 12 days on the islands and spent whatever money we wanted to doing whatever we wanted. It was a truly epic trip.

This little guy is my summer/cruise/Caribbean/Destin pendant.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
42442B60-2213-4A72-B498-573DAD5EE343.jpeg 8951BF78-16EE-4E87-B464-6C66E9C0DB2E.jpeg 0F4818E6-98CE-4120-800E-3796E92C0C0E.jpeg

In December 2011, DH handed me an envelope for Christmas. It was a trip to Oahu and then a 7 day cruise on the Pride of Hawaii around the islands.

Dh bought this little guy for my anniversary present from whatever jeweler was in the Hilton Hawaiian Village in June 2012.

He was told it is black coral— take that for what it is worth.

Anyway, we spent 12 days on the islands and spent whatever money we wanted to doing whatever we wanted. It was a truly epic trip.

This little guy is my summer/cruise/Caribbean/Destin pendant.

Beautiful!!! I love it :kiss2:

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So the rose gold one is not even going to be listed for sale, and instead will be a giveaway:

20190724_202858.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0UNeOal7o8/?igshid=1i0gnqhatdq6f

So much for first come first served. The only thing keeping me from raging, is that although this rose cut is gorgeous, it's much warmer to my eyes than the other one. I think I like the JK color of the other, which is super surprising to me since I love warm stones.

I asked if I could have one commissioned for myself, and the answer was that he's not taking orders :cry2:.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is seriously disappointing and I really don't understand why it would be a giveaway when there is a customer who obviously really wants said item :confused:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, SMH! Sorry! Recreate it with someone else. Not sure it would ever be mind clean for me starting out like this. Disappointing. :snooty:

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I emailed DK. Trying to focus on the positives: if it's being designed I can make the turtle's details be slightly more true to form; the turtle could have a small tail and I could make sure all the proportions check out. Might as well if going the custom route, right?

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
Just don’t tell him you’re a pricescoper. :lol-2:
What is the backstory on this? I follow them on Instagram and always see they have many pretty items. I’m always amazed at the prices they’re able to offer stuff for.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm seriously SO confused. If there is someone who wants to commission a turtle and/or reserve/pay for it, then why the F would he insist on doing a give away instead? Especially if he's ALSO refusing to do a commission? It sucks because I really like his stuff and I've talked to him before, but this drives me crazy. It just seems mean.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps he's gotten way too many inquiries on them and he's not interested in making that many :confused:

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
What is the backstory on this? I follow them on Instagram and always see they have many pretty items. I’m always amazed at the prices they’re able to offer stuff for.

I am also curious about the backstory on this. I follow their Instagram as well!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps he's gotten way too many inquiries on them and he's not interested in making that many :confused:

Yea, because like who actually goes into business hoping to produce something people love and want, and expect to make money doing it on a regular basis? Clearly not this yahoo! :roll:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He did have a since removed IG post about doing a penguin.
Many suggestions about other animals and how to do the penguin differently.
Maybe that’s what he’s avoiding?
Who knows.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results