shape
carat
color
clarity

London. Bombs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
sorry for this...

Seems something major has gone down in London this morning.

News networks are down, but i have been seeing reports of 3 explosions on commuter buses around london this morning, several explosions on the Tube... initally blamed on a ''power surge'' yet seems a bit far fetched... and too much of a coincidence with the bus

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188265,00.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1684290,00.html

39.gif

believe 2 have been confirmed dead so far...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my God...I learned about the 9/11 attacks on a diamond discussion forum. Thank you for alerting us. I am going to go look for news.

Deb

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
so far 6 bombs reported.... 3 on tube, 3 on buses...

police confirm one site confirmed explosive device..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Tube closed down, mobile networks shut down for Emergancy serivce use stock market crashing....

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
yeah just heard about it..there is confusion and mayhem in my office (I work for Gulf Air) and our reservation and route managers are all over the place trying to see how this will affect the aircraft movement, airport security, etc....

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Via the Pistonhead.com forum... one girl who works at Gatwick airport was reporting that London Airspace is restricted ATM, and the wider area.. umm think is ''difficult''

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock

Source or details? - London-wide TRA or larger?

From Ops here, not just the TRA but restrictions on GA I believe.
RAF Marham and Leeiming on high alert with F3''s and GR4''s standing by.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I listened to Tony Blair give his address. Given that most of the explosions were underground, the only casualties which are known are people who got out of the tube stations. I do not know if many more are trapped inside.

London was an al Qaeda target even before the war in Iraq. I feel Iraq was an unfortunate diversion (unfortunate both for he Iraqis and for the UK/US alliance). Osama bin laden should have been found and al Qaeda stopped. Instead we squandered our resources on a country that was no threat...and did great harm to its civilians.

My remarks are being made on the assumption that this is, once again, al Qaeda. I doubt it''s the IRA!

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure its been confirmed as yet...

on the Radio they mentioned that rescuers had entered Kings Cross station to the folk trapped in there had found at least 10 dead. but that isnt on any of the news tickers as yet so not sure if it is confirmed.... most are remaining at 2 dead - which are from the bus explosion in Tavistock...

and looking at the remains of the bus... very thankful it was only 2. but still 2 too many!
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers outgoing.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2005 8:42:43 AM
Author: Lorelei
Prayers outgoing.

Indeed. From this house, too. I should have said that earlier.

Deborah

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Confirmed dead still remain at 2.

london hospitals say they have treated a few hundred people today for injuries. most have now been released, some are under going surgery - i believe the number just mentioned was around 50 in intensive care. no one offically died in hospital (thank goodness)

an eyewitness to one of the Bus bombs said he thought he had counted 10 dead at the scene, but couldnt comfirm

Thankfully the cities emergency services swung into action rapidly, the action plan was implimented well, the inital reports of the problems of a ''power surge'' causing the Tube to be shut helpped keep the commuters calm, people have been praised for their level headedness this morning.

Many in london have been staying in their offices all day, adderring to police advise to stay inside untill further notice.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I heard about this on the radio on my way into work this morning. Im still in shock. I too am sending prayers and thoughts! Future FIL, MIL and SIL all just returned from London!

While discussing with a co-worker he brought up London just being named host of the 2012 summer olympics yesterday and wondering if it was retaliation.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2005 9:40:50 AM
Author: njc
While discussing with a co-worker he brought up London just being named host of the 2012 summer olympics yesterday and wondering if it was retaliation.

That sounds highly unlikely. These attacks appear to have been very well planned. That would have taken time to do. They could not have been thrown together in days, let alone hours.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
prayers from here as well.
This is just awful
I''m so sorry for those people suffering.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am praying for all of those that were hurt in these awful attacks. We have family there and pray they are ok.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That just gives me a lump in my throat. First, because I feel so badly for those people. It must have been so horrible. And Second, because every day my sweet hubby gets on the NYC subway system, passing through Penn Station. Something like that happening on the subway is my WORST fear. I think about it all the time since 9/11. I gave him an extra kiss before sending him off to work.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
This just makes me sick. Those poor people.
7.gif

I don''t really think it has much to do with the Olympics. I think it has more to do with the G-8 Summit.
8.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Al Queda took credit for it on one of thier websites.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m very sorry for the people of London. My heartfelt condolences to all.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Mine also. Our prayers and thoughts are with those who are suffering and those who are responding to the emergency.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Will it ever end?

We will always be targets becasue we are free. Irag, no Iraq, whatever, I just fear it will never end.

I am deeply disturbed and saddened, and of course, praying for everyone involved.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
press conferance going on with police ATM.

unknown if conventional timed bomb or suicide bomb - too soon to say

4 confirmed locations of explosions - 3 on underground, 1 bus - 2 on the same line, but at different locations

31000 officers in london ATM (1500 in Scotland for G8) plenty to cope at this time.

Plan was implimented well from the police... thankful for recent exercises.. sad it had to go into action

trains and buses are being searched before going back into service ''as a precaution'' but no intelligence that there are further devices

inital reports of power surges was how it initally read in the control room... within 3 minutes (the time frame within which the explosions happened) the more details reports came in and all trains where ordered to stop and hold at platforms to aid quick evacuation

the rumor that a suspect was shot at canary wharf are unconfirmed - possibly unfounded rumor

the decanting of the trains... normally system is carrying 3 mill people at that time of the morning about 2000 - 5000 people would have been on the 3 trains affected - 1 deep level, 2 sub surface

7 moorgate 21 kings cross 5 edgeware confirmed dead now... + those on the bus 33 now confirmed dead

_41277669_central_londonblast5_map.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 10:54:27 AM
Author: Jennifer5973
Will it ever end?

We will always be targets becasue we are free. Irag, no Iraq, whatever, I just fear it will never end.

I am deeply disturbed and saddened, and of course, praying for everyone involved.

Sadly not anytime soon its a continuation of a fight that has lasted thousands of years.

Prayers going out for the victims and their families.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I just logged on to yahoo and saw the news. I cannot beleive this, actually I can, and that is the saddest part of all. It looks like they are making their move through Europe now. First Madrid is targeted a couple times, now London....

My heart goes out to all the families and friends involved. Sadly, Americans know this horror as well. I can only hope that it stops soon....

This is why us soldiers do the gritty job we do.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was at the gym this morning on the elliptical trainer when I saw the breaking news on CNN.

I heard at this point 33 confirmed dead, unclear the number of injuries.

Thoughts and prayers out to everyone near or even marginally affected.

15.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I heard 40, either way, too many.
15.gif
all I can say to whoever will claim responsibility (and I think we all know who that will be): coward.......
29.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The G8 is in Scotland. The topics had been choosen as African Aid and clean air, I wonder if that will change now.
33.gif
I am so sad that this is happened again.
39.gif
What a waste of life.
29.gif
If you have a problem with others they are better ways to get your point across...People who do these things are cowards. And it makes me sick to think of all of those who were hurt. The people of Great Britian will be in my prayers.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
The best thing the leaders of these nations, including ours can do is to unite together and send a message to the terrorists: we will not back down. We will not run. We will not let you bully us and terrorize our citizens in order for you to dominate and spread a message of evil.

I have been to London in the past, and I have a special place in my heart for Europe in general. Just as we united together as citizens during 9/11, I know they will band together in their time of need. I they will be stronger because of it. I am so sorry this happened. Only a coward would attack innocent civilians on their way to work, getting their morning coffees, etc.
29.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
40 confirmed dead, they said they will update the number of injuries at the half hour. This breaks my heart.
39.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, definitely not in response to Olympics, its the G8.

I will never understand the religions that can condone these actions. I will never understand the people that believe these religions. Even if we had gotten Osama bin Laden, wouldn''t there be someone else happy to step up?

My best friend has yet to hear from her boyfriend...its scary and frustrating. Although he shouldn''t have been near those areas its just the whole needing to hear it from him.

Sending lots of prayers and thoughts across the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results