shape
carat
color
clarity

can''t decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gizzle:

Purely from a design standpoint I personally would choose the second one (#5 on the SunJewelry website). The multi level of the side barquets is interesting.

Should you be interested in purchasing that ring I trust that you will have the diamonds checked out - before setting - by an independent appraiser.

Edited to add: I am not sure how long you have been looking or your timetable. Let us know and all the pricescopers may be able to help you.

I will note that my personal preference is for a custom made ring. But I know that cost a lot of extra $, and I only came to that choice after months of looking at rings.

Perry

Sun Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Gizzle,

I like the second one as well the center stone fits in to the ring and has no gaps like the first one even though first one is more unique my choice is the second one. My recommendation is based on seeing both of the rings far as center stone if it is emerald go with no less than vs2 clarity color will be based on the metal you choose if it is yellow gold you can go low as "J" if it is platinum or white gold "H-I"

Abit
www.sunjewelry.com

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abit:

Welcome to Pricescope and I would like to thank you for clearly posting who you are.

This is a wonderful forum that works well based on the fact that the more ethical vendors do in fact identify who they are.

I had not seen your company before, which is not unusual due to the way that companies are springing up on the internet all the time.

The focus of this forum is diamond education for consumers. Some vendors have built clientell by actively participating and supporting the goals of trying to ensure that the consumer knows what they are getting. Some vendors have not helped themselves.

While the forum does gravitate towards the higher quality "super ideal cut" diamonds there is in fact room for almost all levels of the diamond business here; and many other vendors do well and are mentioned beyond the few who specialize almost exclusively in the "super ideal cut" market.

One question; would you have problems sending your listed diamonds to an independent appraiser for evaluation as part of the purchase process? The customer pays for the appaiser and shipping. That is one of the general recomended practices here on pricescope; and most of the other diamond vendors have no problems with it (Not all cutomers request that).

One item that I will also mention is that it is likely that a picture of the final ring will apear in the "Show me the ring" forum. A little extra attention to fit and finish on a ring will do you wonders when setting the stones.

I wish you the best with your business, and hope that your particpation on Pricescope will be mutually benificial for all.

Perry

gizzle

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your imput-- I''m worried about actually seeing the ring because I was not able to see either ring in Sun Jewelry''s "showroom" in Pennsylvania. It''s nice to hear your opinion, because you''ve actually seen both rings.

gizzle

Rough_Rock
The problems that I have with both rings are that the website doesn''t show pictures from every angle-- ie I don''t know what the rings would look like from the side, which causes problems because for the 2nd one, I''m not sure how much of the diamond is covered up by the setting, and for the first one, I would be able to see the gaps were the ring placed in an upright position and photographed from the side.

Sun Jewelry

Rough_Rock

Perry,

I have been looking at pricescope for over year and half now I first learned about from a retail client his name is Rob Hurd which he has posted the ring on "show me the ring" forum which is kind of neat to see how clients are so proud to show the rings they buy. Because we deal with retail stores we only hear if there is a problem not if the clients loved it. Where we say no news is good news. That is one of the reasons I love to deal with retail clients even though they buy one ring every 10 years.
I do believe that if it makes the client happy to appraise before they buy it then it is a must. Most of our retail clients do take after they purchase it to make sure they got a good deal anyway. But having a program such as what you say would make it easier for clients to buy before they see it. I am all for it and would like some info so we can offer it to our future clients. I know pricescope has alot to offer and I want to take advantage of it much as possible.
Gizzle,

I really do like the second one because of the center stone being the focal point of the ring the only thing that is covering the diamond is the prongs.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Welcome Abit!! Good to see you... I know that there have been questions asked about Sun Jewelry.. inlcuding from myself. It is good to see you here and being upfront with everyone.

I hope that we can all benefit from your expertise!

gizzle

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Actually, I should have clarified-- for the 2nd ring, how much of the diamonds that are in the setting are covered up by the setting? In other words, how much diamond and how much metal do you see from the side? I live in Michigan, but my parents live in Pennsylvania-- so it''s nearly a 9 hour trip to come see the diamond. I have been in contact with Nang, and he''s been a big help.

Sun Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Mine,

I seen your post before I did not think it was right for me to answer your question since I work at www.sunjewelry.com Thank you for welcoming me I think I will be following pricescope very closely and look forward to more posts.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Hey Abit
1.gif

Welcome to Pricescope.

Sun Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Hi John,

Thank you for welcoming me to pricescope heard great things about you. Keep in touch

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abit:

When I looked at your site I noticed that not only do you have tons of rings - but that you also sell loose diamonds as well. It has been a while since I specifically looked at prices - but it seemed that your prices were comparable to other dealers.

I also noticed that you site offers a basic explaination that quality of cut matters even though it does not go into things like "IdealScopes" and related technologies (I think there are 3 similar technolgies that can be purchased at this time).

I also noticed that you offered a 30 day money back, but did not offer an "appraise before you buy" service.

The why of doing such an appraisal is most completely answered in the FAQ forum. Bottom line, no honest jeweler needs to be afraid of it, but it might identify a problem with a diamond you did not know about - and a problem that might surface later.

There are two ways this works; and different vendors choose different ways:

1) You send the center diamond (and perhaps the side diamonds or the ring with the sides already mounted) to an independent appraiser that the customer chooses prior to purchase (and note to the appraiser that the customer has not yet paid for them). The apprasier inspects the diamonds and reports to the customer. The customer then decides what to do. The appraiser will not ship the diamonds to the customer untill you inform the the appraiser that you have been paid. The appraiser may send the diamonds back to you for setting, and may then have the completed ring sent back to the appraiser.

The customer pays the cost of shipping the diamond to the appraier, the apprasial cost, and for the appraiser to ship them (including insurance fees).

2) The customer pays you for the diamonds / ring, and you send them to the appraiser for evaluation, etc, etc, etc (part of your 30 days). Again the customer pays the fees.

This allows the customer to have a better understanding of what they are getting.

There are several appraisers who are active on Pricescope who deal in this all the time (RocDoc, Richard Sherwood, Denver Appraiser, Dave Atlas) and a few others who are less active (Marty Haske). There are also many other good appraisers arround.

The key is that the customer needs to choose an appraiser of their choice, and not just one that you select. I suspose if I were setting this option up I might provide a list (or a link to a list) of appraisers who specialize in this kind of service - and add a large note that you will send the diamond to any appraiser of their choice. I personally might limit the appraisers I was willing to send "unpaid for" diamond to.

Being able to visit a local appraiser has advantages as well. The key is to make sure your customers understand what services to ask for. Perhaps you need an "appraisal" web page on your site to explain the options and what an appraiser can and cannot do for you. I do not believe Leonid - or any of the appraisers active here would object to you extracting the basic information from this site and building a good education page.

One other thought. While much of your market is not at this time centered on maximum light return of your diamonds; you should at least get an idealscope (professional model, and light table) and learn to use it - so that anyone who contacts you and ask - that you can personally tell them that it has a good idealscope image. Of course, AGS just came out with their own version as well.

Hope this helps; Please spend some time on the tutorials - and mind the p''s and q''s.

I look forward to your long term presence on pricescope.

Perry

Sun Jewelry

Rough_Rock

Perry,

I love that idea we dealt with allot of jewelry stores that called us if they would get wholesale price because their client saw the item in our web site but did not feel comfortable of purchasing a high ticket item with out seeing which is neat as well since we meet new retail stores around the US. But your suggestion is better since the appraiser will be giving an unbiased opinion Thank you Perry with a great advise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results