shape
carat
color
clarity

3 year old in Tx sent out outside at 3am as punishment...now missing

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://nationalpost.com/news/world/...e-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared

"Mathews [Father] told police detectives that he told Sherin to go stand by a tree near the family’s house in the 900 block of Sunningdale at 3 a.m. Saturday because she wouldn’t drink her milk

Mathews checked on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. and she was gone, according to the affidavit. Police said they weren’t alerted to her disappearance until several hours later, about 8 a.m. Mathews told police he thought she’d come back on her own so he did a load of laundry while he waited, hoping he could locate her once the sun rose."

All kinds of f-ed up. They also cancelled the amber alert.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe the father's story for two seconds. That poor sweet baby.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there's something else going on here. I don't know one parent that would make their child stand outside in the dark at 3am, let alone one who would lose their child and wait HOURS to start looking / calling the cops.

I read the article and it just seems like he was throwing crap out there and hoping something sticks. He even mentioned a coyote at one point. I'm sad to say I think he did something to her.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't believe a word this man says.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing adds up, all very suspicious. Commenters said he likely killed her and had hours to go dump the body, do laundry to cover anything up, etc. This poor child ;(

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't even read that story. Kind of wish I hadn't even read the comments. ..was hoping the child was located. Sometimes stories about children haunt me forever (I still have small children). And the thought of that "parent" makes me so so so angry. Even if his story was true... what a piece of human garbage.
No . Not human

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, not buying the story. :nono::(sad

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The part about "not drinking her milk" is probably the true part of the story that he's using to try and keep his lie straight.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure he killed her

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the kind of sub-human scum that needs to be booted out of the USA - not the DACA students.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so sad. I have a 27 month old, so it's just so sad. I couldn't even imagine, to send her outside of our room in the night, and he sent her out for standing at a tree? Poor baby!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds completely fabricated. As a parent myself, I can say that the deep instinctual fear that arises when a child is missing takes over. I seriously doubt one would wait for hours to start looking.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He didn't call for help for 5 hours. One of the reports I read early on stated the tree wasn't in their yard. It was quite a distance away. None of the fathers story makes any sense.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart breaks. If what he did what he said he did, that is horrifying enough. But to think of what he most likely did, and what this poor child suffered, just breaks my heart.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart breaks. If what he did what he said he did, that is horrifying enough. But to think of what he most likely did, and what this poor child suffered, just breaks my heart.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, who is trying to get their child to drink milk at 3:00 am?!! 'nough said.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Regardless of circumstances (child with developmental disabilities/underweight) there's no way a parent isn't going to want their child sleeping through the night at 3 years old, not to mention that if the child were awake in the motn wanting milk she wouldn't have NOT drank it. This guy is a total idiot who knows zero about babies/toddlers, apparently. This is almost as bad (so far) as the people who intentionally leave their children in hot cars to die. Sick bastards who don't deserve to live.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
I keep googling hoping to see a happy ending...:(2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently, from my reading, someone took out the minivan during the night hours after she was "put outside." Also, this alley is a well know coyote dangerous area. Sadly, I think something is amiss. :cry2:

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
When the news first broke about her disappearance I seen a wonderful video from a TV news reporter that actually went to the house and showed exactly where in the alley Sherin was put by her father. Sherin was put outside of the fence that was around her home. The video also showed that there is a railroad track near the tree she was told to stand by. I haven't been able to find the video, it would help if I remembered the news anchors name or her station, but I don't.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either he killed her or he is not there in the head and really did put her outside. Either way that poor innocent little child. Some people should never be around children.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The police needs to do a polygraph testing of the dad. I know the results are not admissible in court, but his willingness/unwillingness to take the test will be a major indicator.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The police needs to do a polygraph testing of the dad. I know the results are not admissible in court, but his willingness/unwillingness to take the test will be a major indicator.

I read he is a step-father. Poor little girl....I think we will find out his story isn't true. So sad.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no :(
Also says they are trying to get custody of their other child back.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How heartbreaking.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(sad People in this world... :blackeye:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From that UK article ^ "Sherin has developmental issues and limited verbal communication skills "

There's the motive. Dad got rid of her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results