shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone rings - How to match sidestones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

samglo

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

My first post, but I have been lurking for a while trying to learn as much as I can. It''s such a great resource here.

So, I''ve purchased a center stone and setting for a 3-stone engagement ring. Long story on the center stone, but it was purchased on emotion and before I found out about the resources here at pricescope. Now, I''m trying to find matching side stones. The setting is 18k white gold.

Here are the stats on the ring:
0.96 ct
G
VS1
depth: 57.5%
table: 61%
crown: 11.9% (about 31.3*)
pavilion: 42.3% (about 40.24*)
polish/sym: g/g
girdle: med - thk
no culet

It scores an HCA of 3.0, and is basically a 2B AGA DIY.

I prefer a side stone size of about 80% of the diameter of the center stone, so I''m in the 0.49 - 0.54 ct range for each side stone.

How should I go about matching the side stones? I would prefer to have better cuts, but is that going to make the center stone less appealing? If I went with an HCA of 1.0 with ideal polish and symmetry and the same color grade, would those look brighter with more fire and scintillation? Should I also stay away from H&A for similar reasons?

Should I only be matching the stone color, or should I be trying to match the stone proportions and polish/symmetry? Does it matter much for this size?

Price isn''t too much of an issue for that size stone - I''ve already overpaid for the center :)

I''ve done some searching through the previous posts, and have found a lot of great information for the side stone/center stone proportion, but not too much on matching the stone quality.

Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results