shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone ring with warmer colored center stone

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I'm looking for examples of 3 stone rings where the center stone is very warm (L and higher) and the side stones are whiter (H and under). I was thinking that since diamond prices are so high and going higher that this would be an alternative to achieve my much desired upgrade. I'm interested in RB, OEC or antique cushion cuts. Also, would this type of ring look weird paired with my G-H eternity band?

Thanks!!!

Cachette :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would try to get the sidestones within one color grade of the center stone.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker!

So if you had a M center stone you would go no lower then L sides? Would this look nice? Would it look strange say a M-L center with G-H sides? I've never seen an L or M colored stone so I have no idea what they look like IRL.

Thanks!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the links slg47! :wavey: Those are great for reference!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd match the color of the three stones.

I think your best bet for an upgrade that is affordable is an old cut in a lower color. Jewels by Erica Grace usually has really stunning examples.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
You should look at diamonds by lauren for inspiration. They often pair S-T and warmer stones with white sides.

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Just to chime in here. In my experience larger faceted stones like OEC, Old Miner Cushions, even french cuts face up whiter than modern highly faceted diamonds. My recommendation would be to go for one of these cuts if you're concerned about the color difference.

Good luck.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1305651279|2924009 said:
You should look at diamonds by lauren for inspiration. They often pair S-T and warmer stones with white sides.

Yeah - I think if you go low enough that it starts looking visibly yellow that'd be gorgeous! But L/M is kinda - not white enough to be white, not yellow enough to be yellow unless you actively work to play it up w/ yellow bezel & cup or something...

ETA: I think a fivestone w/ S/T center, L/M inner sides and G/H outer sides could be a very cool piece!

justme1

Shiny_Rock
Hi Cachette, I love the warm center and white sides... this is my O-P center with F sides. I'd love to see pics of antique cushion cuts if you come across any.

021111_745 - Copy.JPG

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
justme1|1305671476|2924279 said:
Hi Cachette, I love the warm center and white sides... this is my O-P center with F sides. I'd love to see pics of antique cushion cuts if you come across any.
How pretty justme1

justme1

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Bright Ice

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses and opinions. Food for thought! I'm constantly looking at diamond vendors' sites to see what's out there and I'm just so torn as to what to do for my upgrade (older cut or modern ideal RB) but I'm determined to get it this year or very early next year so I still have time to research and save. :bigsmile:

Thanks also justme1 for the picture of your ring! It's lovely!!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results