shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Stone Reset Question

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
Is there typically an acceptable size range for the center stone that lets you re-use your current setting? Do people just scrap the old setting and start over?

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Is there typically an acceptable size range for the center stone that lets you re-use your current setting? Do people just scrap the old setting and start over?

I recently went from a 1.24 to 1.8 Carat and they had to make a whole new ring. Maybe if depends on the setting?

Kh0117

Rough_Rock
Photos please

No photos yet. I have a 3 stone now but will do a complete reset. The question is really for after this planned reset just in case there’s another upgrade in my future.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No photos yet. I have a 3 stone now but will do a complete reset. The question is really for after this planned reset just in case there’s another upgrade in my future.

Then no, any upgrade that has a visible size difference will likely need a new setting. So if you definitely plan on an upgrade, I'd get an inexpensive setting this time.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think around 2mm difference in size may possibly fit in the same setting. My goldsmith has done it for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results