shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Round Diamonds - Please Help Me Choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

realmccoy

Rough_Rock

Anyone, Please help me choose between the following diamonds. I am looking for the most ideal cut and the best value. All three have no fluorescence and Ideal polish/sym:

1.52 G SI1 GIA cert.
7.37x7.39x4.57mm
d: 61.9
t: 56
crown angle: 35
crown %: 15.5
pav angle: 40.8
HCA: 1.6 EEEV
cash price $11,000

1.55 G SI1 AGS cert. (I'm told it's more like a VS2)
7.47x7.5x4.58mm
d: 61.2
t: 54
crown angle: 35
crown %: 15.9
pav angle: 40.5
pav %: 42.6
HCA: .5 EEEV
cash price $11,020

1.73 G SI1 AGS cert. (again, more like a VS2)
7.66x7.73x4.75mm
d: 61.6
t: 54
crown angle: 34.9
crown %: 14.9
pav angle: 40.7
pav %: 42.8
HCA: 1.2 EEEV
cash price $13,300

I've been racking my brain over this decision, any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome to ps realmccoy
35.gif

wow! g/si
3.gif
my favorite combo!
36.gif
i'm leaning towards #3

do you have any idealscope pics?

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Hm, I'm certainly not an expert, but was shopping for a stone in this very size and very close in spec.

Personally, and based only on the information provided, I would probably opt for #1, with #3 being my second choice.

- I read somewhere that the size difference really becomes appreciable at 20%, so in terms of surface area, the 1.73 isn't quite there.
- the $2000 I'd save by going with the 1.52c would go a long way towards a beautiful setting
- the slightly better (perceived) clarity might seal the deal for me....

I'm really not sure whether an HCA of 1.2 vs. 1.6 is a factor for me at this point - it might be something I'd have to see with my own two eyes in order to appreciate the difference.

But of course, this is just my personal opinion, and it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
28.gif

Edited: While responding, I somehow thought that it was the 1.52 that looked more like a VS2, hence my last bullet point... but even if it isn't, I currently have an SI2 stone and it's absolutely beautiful so, I'm not sure I'd let it sway me. :)

realmccoy

Rough_Rock
Belle,

I''m trying to attach an idealscope image on #2, the 1.55 carat. Besides that I only have the certs and sarin on the other diamonds.

Thanks,
Jeff

8448842.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
39.gif

i can''t see the pic jeff. i''ll keep checking back. hopefully the server upgrade will be done soon.
2.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh nice IS image
2.gif
is there any chance you could get them for the other two?
20.gif
i''m rrreeaally curious about #1 & #3!

realmccoy

Rough_Rock
My hopes aren''t real high for getting any more pictures but I''ll try in the morning. The other two stones are through brokers so it might be difficult. I can always use their return policy if I''m extremely disappointed.

I just feel like these are all three great deals based on the specs... I guess that I can always play it safe and get #2 since I do have a picture for it. That way I save a couple thousand too. Only concern I have is will I regret not getting a bigger stone for her down the road.

realmccoy

Rough_Rock
Well, I''ve inquired about getting idealscope images for stones 1 and 3 but no luck. Abazias told me that I could buy stone #3 and they would include an idealscope viewer. If I don''t like it they have a no questions asked refund within 10 days.

Should I do it? The cut angles are so close between all of these, could they be that far off in appearance? Stermag thought that #2 was the best value. Belle liked #3. Any other votes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results