shape
carat
color
clarity

3 cheers and best wishes for Irina and Leonid

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im in total shock over the news.
You will be missed big time.
39.gif
39.gif

edit for those that haven't read the announcement.

Dear Pricescope members,

This is a farewell message from Irina and Leonid. We started developing this diamond price comparison site eight years ago in 1999. Our interests have been information technology and new opportunities opened up by the Internet, finding interesting people and the great exchange of the ideas and debates. Since then the site has grown into what we have today due primarily to your help: consumers and experts who shared our vision.

We were always idealistic and a bit naive amateurs and we realize that Pricescope and the community can be developed much further under a new leadership with more business management and technology experience. With this in mind, we are handing Pricescope over to the great folks with similar values. We, Leonid and Irina, will no longer be involved in Pricescope.

New Pricescope team will be lead by Andrey (aka "PS Admin") who has been involved with computers for about 20 years. Most of his career was at USRobotics/3Com as a software developer, system architect, and manager. Andrey earned a BS in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on computer science from Bradley University.

"About" page should be updated shortly to reflect the changes. New team will adhere to current Pricescope policies and spirit.

Thank you all very much.

I & L

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Huh? What's going on???

Best of luck in your new endeavors!!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m in shock too, and wish Leonid and Irina all the best going forward. I am really going to miss their presence here. I''ve grown so fond of them over the years.
39.gif

Cheers I&L
35.gif

You leave behind a great legacy in PS, long may it continue.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for creating such an incredible site that has provided so much valuable information to so many people buying diamonds and jewelry. I have also enjoyed the comraderie that you have allowed on the forum. Best wishes to you both in all of your future endeavors!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s amazing how you can feel such a loss for people you''ve never met in person. But it''s true. You will be greatly missed here, the both of you - lovely and talented people who have helped consumers immensely by providing them a forum to become better educated, and to interact with individuals and professionals they otherwise would never have had access to. Bravo, and good luck to you, friends!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
33.gif
x2

Definitely need to elaborate. My heart sunk a little...I thought they passed away or something.
7.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
C'mon Strm cheer up, dude! we're just going to a better place - country side, you know, with flowers and fresh air. We'll be chasing butterflies and birdies
emrose.gif
emdog.gif
emhot.gif
emrainbow.gif

And don't you worry - the site will be in very good hands.

35.gif
Big hugs to everybody
face16.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I'm in shock too. Leonid and Irina, you will be greatly missed! I wish you two the best of luck in your future endeavors! Thank you for everything you have done to make PS such a great place!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Best of luck in the future-and thanks for an amazing board!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck with all your new ventures!

Harriet is going to be soooooo stuck with no one to photoshop all her new ideas! You will be missed!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Aw! Good luck! What are your plans for the future if you don''t mind the question?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh I can't even imagine what PS without Leonid and Irina would be like....I never really thought I'd see this day. No one REALLY ever likes change..but I am glad that you two will be able to go off and enjoy yourselves and each other now after putting so much hard work and so many diligent hours into this site. I remember what it was like when I got here....and today it is just amazing how far it has come. Biggest best wishes and doggie hugs, and I am sure we will still hear from you guys with updates..!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m totally bummed. I can''t imagine this place without you both...PS was your baby and it definitely felt your love.

Thanks for all your help, moderation, and of course, photoshopping genius. You will be missed.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish you both well in the future, and thank you so much for Pricescope.
emrose.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes, Irina and Leonid! Thanks for making PS what it is today!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Leonid and Irina,

You have given us all such an amazing gift: an online community that draws you in based on your love of all things sparkly and keeps you coming back because of the amazing members who want to help you not only find your perfect stone or setting, but your best recipe, and workout tips, and support through personal and professional crises, and wedding planning, and on and on and on...

Thanks for all you have done for us.

~Kimberly

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
This is so sad....you both will be missed, but I wish you the very best, and please know you will never be forgotten here at PS. You have given a gift to so many people...thank you!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is true that Leonid and Irina are very creative people.

In my involvement with them over the past several years I have had the great pleasure to be involved in many discussions and development of ideas.

But Pricescope became a huge undertaking for them to run and now they will have time and energy to be able to develop new and exciting stuff. as well as a bit of sale boarding, beaches and foresty fun.

Three cheers for L&I
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
best wishes! enjoy the countryside.
1.gif
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--sad and exciting all at the same time! Thank you and continued success to ya''ll!!

cheers--Sharon

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You guys should have told us
emphone.gif
before...there wasn''t time
emclock.gif
to prepare. We weren''t able to get you a cake
emcake.gif
or a present
emgift.gif
or don fare well funny hats
emotion-19.gif
and well, we just aren''t prepared to see you off properly!

There isn''t enough space...or bold fonts...or even emotion icons to express our gratitude
emlove.gif
. But there is space to express our sadness
emunlove.gif
. You will be missed. You are often imitated...but you will never be duplicated.

Long live the creators of PriceScope! Hip Hip Hooray! YOU TRULY DID ROCK US!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/irina-and-leonid-say-it-isnt-so.64815/

DKS

PS....They don''t call the butterfly allusive for nothing...you might consider chasing the rainbow instead. There is said to be a payoff once you reach the end.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
This news, I am sure, means only one thing.

I must now eat as many hot dogs as possible, as fast as I can!

written with more than a little melancholy right now, for two who have really become friends,

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irina and Leonid,
Thank you for what you have done, and best of luck going forward.

Irina,
I''ll miss your magic touch. More importantly, I''ll miss your sense of humour and our e-mail exchanges.
8.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
I''m absolutely shocked. I just read the "About" page.... and you tell me that Santa doesn''t exist!!!!
6.gif

Best wishes L&I, thank you for this forum.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe it!!
Your personalities and pricescope have been one and the same.
It's hard to imagine one without the other!

Good luck in your new endeavors, I'm sure you will be successful in whatever you pursue!

I hope you will both be back as posters.
It will be hard for us to quit "cold turkey" and not have you around.

Stay in touch!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
*sniff sniff* I''m so sad about this! But, happy at the same time for you both. I wish you the best! I can''t even begin to tell you how much I''ve learned from this site and how much knowledge I''ve passed onto other people in the jewelry market. I appreciate all you have done! Thank you and good luck!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
such sad and shocking news.
39.gif
6.gif

a huge thank you for creating such a wonderful environment full of such incredibly knowledgeable and inspiring people.
may your new endeavors be even bigger and better than ps!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for creating such a wonderful site! I can''t even imagine the diamonds we''d all have now had we not found this site!
6.gif

Congratulations on your semi-retirement and please come back and visit us!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Irina and Leonid, thank you so much for creating this wonderful forum. You will be greatly missed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results