shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Carat Grey/pink/purple Julia B spinel in Stuller setting

H

Horsegirl76

3BC1AE7F-07A0-42A0-AEEB-E637F7B8D88B.jpeg A72B7B48-63ED-4DF8-A8E8-0D4C8DB803C5.jpeg F91E1FFB-9E72-430A-994E-ABAE9558D976.jpeg 8B1A6A32-E867-4597-AB7A-184EE8BED4FD.jpeg
Ok I’m nervous to post this because it’s my first show me the bling post, :oops: but I’m really proud of how this project turned out. I purchased a Julia B ring for the spinel. I just had a special feeling and connection to the stone. And I LOVE spinels! However the setting was just not going to work for me, so the stone was pulled, and the setting sold to another lovely PSer, who encouraged me to post more. So thank you and here I am.:razz: I had the stone set into a Stuller Mount that turned out so perfect, and I am beyond happy. It was inspired my another PSer’s spinel ring who has a collection of colored stones to die for. Anyway, I really fell for this spinel because it reflects all the colors of the Columbia River and Washington skies common in the Columbia Gorge where I live and teach. I just finished a 131 mile kayaking trip down the Columbia River with my students. This ring was my prize at the end of my journey. I will be wearing it for a long time to come. Excuse the reddened fingers—windburn from the trip. It’s so hard to capture all the colors of the spinel-it really is so much more lively and beautiful in real life. Thank you for letting me share! :D

Attachments

• 092568FB-2287-4BEB-AAD2-90828417D713.jpeg
    092568FB-2287-4BEB-AAD2-90828417D713.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 30

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous colours, gorgeous setting & a perfect size on you :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I remember seeing this, I was very tempted! It's a gorgeous stone and I love it in that setting. Love how it looks on your hand :love:

H

Horsegirl76

Thank you so much everyone! It took me a few tries to get the right spinel, and I just love this one!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Pretty and unique color...love how the setting supports the stone and really lets it shine!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh it's soo beautiful! And I love your story and how the stone connects you to your outdoors home. :wavey:

H

Horsegirl76

Thank you! It’s a moody stone to reflect our moody skies and river, which is just what I was after.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I am drawn to what can be signature pieces, and it sounds like you found one for you. Congrats.

H

Horsegirl76

Lovely! I am drawn to what can be signature pieces, and it sounds like you found one for you. Congrats.

Thank you Mrs Strizzle! Your compliment means so much to me! Your five carat spinel is one of my favorite rings on PS. :love:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really like the color shift of your stone! Beautiful ring!

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
Horse is adorable! Tell me about him :) The ring is pretty awesome too!

H

Horsegirl76

Horse is adorable! Tell me about him :) The ring is pretty awesome too!

Thanks! He’s my handsome pinto national show horse (half Arab half saddlebred). He’s 16.2 hands and just turned 8. I’ve had him since he was just five and have trained him up to a lovely gentleman. I do not show, but I love the work ethic of the breed. We’ve just mastered a beautiful collected canter, haunch turns, and starting to work on flying lead changes. Thanks for asking! I’d probably have a lot more bling without my boy, but I just seem to have a knack for expensive habits. Poor DH!:lol:

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
Thanks! He’s my handsome pinto national show horse (half Arab half saddlebred). He’s 16.2 hands and just turned 8. I’ve had him since he was just five and have trained him up to a lovely gentleman. I do not show, but I love the work ethic of the breed. We’ve just mastered a beautiful collected canter, haunch turns, and starting to work on flying lead changes. Thanks for asking! I’d probably have a lot more bling without my boy, but I just seem to have a knack for expensive habits. Poor DH!:lol:
Love the light horse breeds :) I have a Hackney who did the jumpers and now does Western Pleasure (dont ask). My other guy (in my picture) is a section B welsh. I agree about the bling factor - horses are expensive!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! The setting is perfect for showcasing your lovely and large spinel.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely! Congratulations on your first thread - you are clearly starting strong!

Hope to hear more from you going forward. :wavey:

H

Horsegirl76

Thank you so much everyone! You all have such beautiful collections. I feel honored to be complimented :razz:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is really perfect for the stone and has great presence on your hand! Love the idea of the color reflecting the river and skies where you live. :kiss2:

H

Horsegirl76

How lovely! Congratulations on your first thread - you are clearly starting strong!

Hope to hear more from you going forward. :wavey:
Your grey spinel set in DK is one of my all time faves on PS. :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it turned out Beautiful! that X1 stuller is such a low maintenance mix. Beautiful gem! great size and looks great on you!

H

Horsegirl76

it turned out Beautiful! that X1 stuller is such a low maintenance mix. Beautiful gem! great size and looks great on you!

Oh thank you! I just love the finish. Stuller is so classic, suitable, and durable for me. I’m glad I chose this setting. :kiss2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, and lovely associations to the reflections of the colour in it!!!

H

Horsegirl76

Love the light horse breeds :) I have a Hackney who did the jumpers and now does Western Pleasure (dont ask). My other guy (in my picture) is a section B welsh. I agree about the bling factor - horses are expensive!!!

Your boy is so cute! I love a white. My first two boys were both chestnut (fire breeds) and now I’ve been blessed with a tobiano bay pinto. They say color should not matter, but there’s something to it in horse-world.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results