shape
carat
color
clarity

3 carat Brilliant cut solitaire setting help !

Gem246

Rough_Rock
Hi there

I’m getting my beautiful 3ct F VS2 diamond next week and I’m looking for a beautiful setting to go with it. At the moment I have a 2ct Tiffany setting bit looking for something different. I remember a few people talking about a lady who has this beautiful setting I think it was like something attached. Any photos would be great ! Thank you 4CD3F75B-8202-4884-8486-B813CA35F873.png

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Just my experience, but that mounting is very high and in the size of your new spectacular diamond it may be too top heavy. I used to have a 3.29ct round and it’s a significant jump from your 2ct so I think you need to take that into consideration. I don’t know if you realize how massive it will be. Sounds fabulous and I can’t wait to see such a large, high quality beauty!

Gem246

Rough_Rock
Just my experience, but that mounting is very high and in the size of your new spectacular diamond it may be too top heavy. I used to have a 3.29ct round and it’s a significant jump from your 2ct so I think you need to take that into consideration. I don’t know if you realize how massive it will be. Sounds fabulous and I can’t wait to see such a large, high quality beauty!

Thank you so much for your reply
Do you have any suggested settings for the 3ct ? My 2ct is just the typical Tiffany setting

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your reply
Do you have any suggested settings for the 3ct ? My 2ct is just the typical Tiffany setting

Well, I will strongly suggest you not going with a halo... or, if you do, make it a very petite one. I had reset my large round in a vintage-y one that had the cushion shape to make it more square and the halo was not narrow. That ring was just way over the top and also just ergonomically impossible to get over my knuckle given everything was so supersized. I think people thought to themselves, “What the diamond not large enough that she had to add that big mounting to make it larger??”!!! I will try to find a photo. Since you don’t want a traditional solitaire, what about one with a diamond shank? Give you a little added yet subtle bling but does not take away from the main attraction. Not a good photo but you get the idea - just too much for that size diamond IMO, for me, it was definitely a pretty ring, it just didn’t work for me. Also far too top-heavy for everyday wear. 1596728649148.jpeg

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
my ring is 2.91ct and i am getting it set in a halo, an ultra thin halo though. they sent some pictures today and it looks gorgeous! the ring needs some adjustments and it's being finalized. can't wait to see it in person!!

for a diamond at this size, the key is to get a thin halo to achieve a more delicate look. otherwise,,, a big diamond in a fat halo just doesn't reconcile with me.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
my ring is 2.91ct and i am getting it set in a halo, an ultra thin halo though. they sent some pictures today and it looks gorgeous! the ring needs some adjustments and it's being finalized. can't wait to see it in person!!

for a diamond at this size, the key is to get a thin halo to achieve a more delicate look. otherwise,,, a big diamond in a fat halo just doesn't reconcile with me.

Yes! 100% true. Can’t wait to see your ring!!!

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Hi there

I’m getting my beautiful 3ct F VS2 diamond next week and I’m looking for a beautiful setting to go with it. At the moment I have a 2ct Tiffany setting bit looking for something different. I remember a few people talking about a lady who has this beautiful setting I think it was like something attached. Any photos would be great ! Thank you 4CD3F75B-8202-4884-8486-B813CA35F873.png

I actually prefer the look of a high setting. My setting is currently being designed and I will request that the diamond be set slightly on the high side. It is 3.2 carats. I just think it’s a beautiful look. The photo that you included had a discussion regarding setting height and if I remember correctly the OP liked the higher setting better. So I say if you like the look of that beautiful high set cathedral...go for it!! It will look spectacular.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results