shape
carat
color
clarity

3.87 c - Sarin Report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mamadi

Rough_Rock
I just got the Sarin on the 3.87 c diamond that I''m considering. Here are the details:

From EGL cert (SI2 and G)

From Sarin (I''ve copied everything as they appear on the report):

Round AGS3.88 ct0
Diam 10.21 mm (10.18-10.22)mm.
Depth: 6.20 mm 60.7% 0
Crown: 34.8 deg. 15.2% 0
Pavil: 41.0 deg. 43.2% 0
Table: 5.73mm 56.1% 0
Culet: 0.8% Very Small 0
Girdle: 0.9% 0.7% Thin 0 1.2% Thin 0 0

How does this look, cutwise? I have a written guarantee that if the color is not G and the SI2 is not eyeclean (or any other reason), it can be returned for a full refund.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the numbers look very promising...nice crown angle, table, depth. the 41 pav angle is not my absolute favorite but it''s not bad either.

i would make sure and clarify who has to say the color is not a G ..do you have to show a written appraisal and from who etc. just make sure your return policy is sound. at this point i''d be mostly concerned about an EGL SI2 grade in a 3.8c stone.

squawks

Rough_Rock
According to the Cut Advisor tool (https://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp) it''s only worth buying if the price is right. Fire, scintilattion, and spread are ''very good'' while light return is excellent for an HCA score of 2.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I imput the numbers wrong. It gets a 2 on the HCA, three very goods and an excellent for spread. So it could be nice, you'd have to see it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 3:21:10 PM
Author: Mara

i would make sure and clarify who has to say the color is not a G ..do you have to show a written appraisal and from who etc. just make sure your return policy is sound. at this point i''d be mostly concerned about an EGL SI2 grade in a 3.8c stone.
agreed. make sure the return policy is sound.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like it could be a lovely stone, but you really need to see this one with your own eyes. The SI2 on such a large stone may or may not be an issue. Make sure you take it to a good independent appraiser to have everything verified. And double, triple-check on the return policy.

mamadi

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 3:29:18 PM
Author: belle

I''ve done everything to protect myself...The invoice is clear since it says "Terms: This diamond may be returned for a full refund within 3 days of receipt". I''ve also foregone the 2% discount and used a credit card to pay for it, having the backing of the CC company in case there is a problem. I have an appointment with an appraiser (recommended through Pricescope) to look at the diamond, immediately after I receive it.

I''m keeping my fingers crossed regarding the true color and clarity!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck! i hope it goes well for you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/1/2006 3:35:21 PM
Author: mamadi

Date: 6/1/2006 3:29:18 PM
Author: belle

I''ve done everything to protect myself...The invoice is clear since it says ''Terms: This diamond may be returned for a full refund within 3 days of receipt''. I''ve also foregone the 2% discount and used a credit card to pay for it, having the backing of the CC company in case there is a problem. I have an appointment with an appraiser (recommended through Pricescope) to look at the diamond, immediately after I receive it.

I''m keeping my fingers crossed regarding the true color and clarity!
sounds good.hope everything checks out okay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results