shape
carat
color
clarity

3.76ct grey step cut spinel

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
With all the attention grey spinels have been getting, I figured it was time to bring mine out of hiding! I purchased this spinel in March, and then got busy with a side project and it's been sitting in a drawer until the last week or so.

It has been a challenge to capture in photos, and while it looks very little like the original listing (unfortunately I didn't save the vendor picture), I'm very happy with what I ended up with. There is a bit of blue, and sometimes a deep greenish tinge, but most of the time it's a range of greys.

I'll let the photos speak for themselves =)

img_0011_2.jpg

img_2910.jpg

img_2912.jpg

img_2914.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh so pretty! I really love the color grey is it goes with almost everything and it is always sophisticated IMO.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Thank you IndyLady and missy!! I love how versatile it is, and the broader flashes that come from the step cut. It isn't a perfect EC cut, as the sides are a bit round, but I love the elongated shape and large facets.

I don't think it's at the top of my setting list for budgetary reasons, but eventually I'd love to have it set between diamond traps or tapered baguettes in a sleek platinum setting.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Your setting idea sounds lovely. I would love to see more pics! :D

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool! Great size!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second your idea for a setting - that will make for a stunning and elegant ring.

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I love that EC spinel !! I am new to these stones but already this will be a project down the road, I've been looking around and they seem to be very hard to find a true gray color.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
petit_bijou|1385597947|3564241 said:
With all the attention grey spinels have been getting, I figured it was time to bring mine out of hiding! I purchased this spinel in March, and then got busy with a side project and it's been sitting in a drawer until the last week or so.

It has been a challenge to capture in photos, and while it looks very little like the original listing (unfortunately I didn't save the vendor picture), I'm very happy with what I ended up with. There is a bit of blue, and sometimes a deep greenish tinge, but most of the time it's a range of greys.

I see that as more of a cushion but either way it's lovely! I really like the grey spinels I've seen here on PS. They always remind me of antique jewelry ( like foiled backs and blackened metal), but set a certain way they could also look very contemporary.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1391010240|3603336 said:
petit_bijou|1385597947|3564241 said:

I see that as more of a cushion but either way it's lovely! I really like the grey spinels I've seen here on PS. They always remind me of antique jewelry ( like foiled backs and blackened metal), but set a certain way they could also look very contemporary.

Yes! I had never thought about it, but I totally agree with you, IK!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Those are both so elegant. They'll make beautiful unusual rings & I like your setting idea. Good photography too!

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results