shape
carat
color
clarity

3.6 F SI1 Custom Round Solitaire

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
I’d like to share the 3.6 F SI1 (eye clean) round solitaire that I assisted my sister’s fiancé in creating for a surprise engagement! Feeling very lucky to have worked with the A-team (thank you, Pricescope!) – starting with Todd Gray, who referred me to PS’ very own Layla/Gypsy at HPD, and finally Chris Anadiotis at Brilliantly Engaged for the setting. Truly, a dream team. But first, pictures!

715418B4-E53A-4755-BDED-C37489EC22BE.jpeg B913FE58-3EF5-4E00-AC5A-1D36A3678E83.jpeg 0CFBCF97-076F-42AF-BF54-E8D283453C71.jpeg 3C927335-D603-4C11-BED7-399E9FD2CD52.jpeg 1BED86FB-1C70-4AA8-B2E7-E4AE638A54F5.jpeg

Since my future brother-in-law wanted the sparkliest round possible, I reached out to Todd Gray for peace of mind, who is indeed my match with respect to near immediate responsiveness/speed of emailing! He is terrific – knowledgeable, not pushy, just so willing to be helpful in any way he can. Even called a vendor for a rough custom quote for me. When we could not find the specifics my future brother-in-law was looking for in current inventory, Todd kindly referred a couple options for the custom route, and I ultimately chose to reach out to HPD.

As the universe would have it, it was our very own Gypsy/Layla at HPD who ended up assisting – I was ecstatic to be in good hands yet again! I so appreciate her working within our timeline, bringing her expertise and sharp eye on everything from maximizing budget to recommended settings for durability and design. She is very sweet and responsive as well. We ended up getting a cut-to-order from HPD/CBI, deciding on a rough stone off the exchange to be cut. That was one of the most exciting experiences of my life (and it’s not even MY ring LOL), they give you expected parameters but as HPD/CBI would rather under promise and over deliver, the diamond may end up finishing even higher in anticipated grade, while your price quote remains firm. Now THAT’S a quality company. They finished well under time, higher in carat weight, and the wonderful Jamie at HPD worked to ship it over to us for insurance purposes. Long story short but to emphasize how great everyone at HPD is – Layla bent over backwards to help me with the bajillion questions I had, and at one point I desperately posted re: insurance on the general forum over Thanksgiving or Christmas since I didn’t want to bother her on a holiday, and I somehow got a response from Wink, who was cooking the holiday entrée but logged into PS… because that’s what diamond lovers do. Amazing. Thank you to Layla and the whole HPD team.

And last but definitely not least, Chris at Brilliantly Engaged…we went with BE for the setting because my sister fell in love with their settings on Instagram, and so I thought it would be special for her to actually have something from them. Even though we didn’t get the diamond from BE, Chris still showed the same respect/responsiveness/eagerness to help as if we had. He mailed over two mock ups cross country, and when it turned out my little sister wanted something a little different and to customize, he patiently reviewed all my powerpoints to get all the details just right. I appreciate his input on shank widths to make the ring both dainty and durable at the same time. Impressively, despite the back and forth on design (that’s on me), when it came to making the ring it took the BE team just four days. That’s seriously impressive timing, and the ring came out more beautiful than my future brother-in-law, my sister, or I could have ever imagined.

So thank you to TODD GRAY, LAYLA/TEAM AT HPD, CBI, and CHRIS/BRILLIANTLY ENGAGED, for the gorgeous and SPARKLY ring, and for working hard to get it to us with days to spare prior to the proposal!!

And just for fun, here is a pic of the solitaire on a play date with my original Puppy4248 ring, the square emerald with tapered baguettes. Making rings sure is fun :P2

7FDA78EF-14C7-497D-8294-F633C6AB3900.jpeg

Attachments

• C062FDD0-066A-4288-8460-B266AA19F886.jpeg
    C062FDD0-066A-4288-8460-B266AA19F886.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 28

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an utterly amazing stone! And I enjoyed the story - congratulations to your sister!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.6 F SI1 CBI?

That is awesome :)

Please do add it to the 'show me your CBI' thread!

@cflutist and @Dancing Fire will definitely like this one ;-) lol :D

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow! The ring turned out GORGEOUS.

Then again, I'm not surprised in the least given the reputation of the people involved ;-)

Thanks for letting me be a part of the project and for the honorable mention here on PS (I'm in good company).

-- Todd

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is stunning! :love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d like to share the 3.6 F SI1 (eye clean) round solitaire that I assisted my sister’s fiancé in creating for a surprise engagement! Feeling very lucky to have worked with the A-team (thank you, Pricescope!) – starting with Todd Gray, who referred me to PS’ very own Layla/Gypsy at HPD, and finally Chris Anadiotis at Brilliantly Engaged for the setting. Truly, a dream team. But first, pictures!

715418B4-E53A-4755-BDED-C37489EC22BE.jpeg B913FE58-3EF5-4E00-AC5A-1D36A3678E83.jpeg 0CFBCF97-076F-42AF-BF54-E8D283453C71.jpeg 3C927335-D603-4C11-BED7-399E9FD2CD52.jpeg 1BED86FB-1C70-4AA8-B2E7-E4AE638A54F5.jpeg

Since my future brother-in-law wanted the sparkliest round possible, I reached out to Todd Gray for peace of mind, who is indeed my match with respect to near immediate responsiveness/speed of emailing! He is terrific – knowledgeable, not pushy, just so willing to be helpful in any way he can. Even called a vendor for a rough custom quote for me. When we could not find the specifics my future brother-in-law was looking for in current inventory, Todd kindly referred a couple options for the custom route, and I ultimately chose to reach out to HPD.

As the universe would have it, it was our very own Gypsy/Layla at HPD who ended up assisting – I was ecstatic to be in good hands yet again! I so appreciate her working within our timeline, bringing her expertise and sharp eye on everything from maximizing budget to recommended settings for durability and design. She is very sweet and responsive as well. We ended up getting a cut-to-order from HPD/CBI, deciding on a rough stone off the exchange to be cut. That was one of the most exciting experiences of my life (and it’s not even MY ring LOL), they give you expected parameters but as HPD/CBI would rather under promise and over deliver, the diamond may end up finishing even higher in anticipated grade, while your price quote remains firm. Now THAT’S a quality company. They finished well under time, higher in carat weight, and the wonderful Jamie at HPD worked to ship it over to us for insurance purposes. Long story short but to emphasize how great everyone at HPD is – Layla bent over backwards to help me with the bajillion questions I had, and at one point I desperately posted re: insurance on the general forum over Thanksgiving or Christmas since I didn’t want to bother her on a holiday, and I somehow got a response from Wink, who was cooking the holiday entrée but logged into PS… because that’s what diamond lovers do. Amazing. Thank you to Layla and the whole HPD team.

And last but definitely not least, Chris at Brilliantly Engaged…we went with BE for the setting because my sister fell in love with their settings on Instagram, and so I thought it would be special for her to actually have something from them. Even though we didn’t get the diamond from BE, Chris still showed the same respect/responsiveness/eagerness to help as if we had. He mailed over two mock ups cross country, and when it turned out my little sister wanted something a little different and to customize, he patiently reviewed all my powerpoints to get all the details just right. I appreciate his input on shank widths to make the ring both dainty and durable at the same time. Impressively, despite the back and forth on design (that’s on me), when it came to making the ring it took the BE team just four days. That’s seriously impressive timing, and the ring came out more beautiful than my future brother-in-law, my sister, or I could have ever imagined.

So thank you to TODD GRAY, LAYLA/TEAM AT HPD, CBI, and CHRIS/BRILLIANTLY ENGAGED, for the gorgeous and SPARKLY ring, and for working hard to get it to us with days to spare prior to the proposal!!

And just for fun, here is a pic of the solitaire on a play date with my original Puppy4248 ring, the square emerald with tapered baguettes. Making rings sure is fun :P2

Spectacular! :love: So bright and fiery and just a classic beauty. LOVE.:kiss2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!!!! It's gorgeous! Enjoy both those beauties! :love::love::love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dream team and dream ring! Congratulations to everyone involved!
You sisters are lucky ladies to have such stunning rings!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy moly! What a great story and an amazing outcome! Your sister (and future BIL) are lucky to have you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Your sister is lucky to have you in the wings to help! Love your ring too!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

WOW!!!! Two gorgeous rings. I am drooling hahaa. Congrats. What a great sister you are!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!! Wish you were my sister, haha! :mrgreen2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, That's a classic beauty! :love::love::clap: Congrats to your sister! :clap:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so *maybe* I could do a round stone for a ring if it were a 3.6 carat... lol. Beautiful!

I got a video back from Wink the day before Thanksgiving this year. Talk about dedication!

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
My jaw dropped!! Gorgeous and huge on her tiny perfect fingers!

TheBlingleys

Rough_Rock
Wow!!! It is amazing. I “need” a HPD in my life.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous!!! It looks HUGE!! She must be a size 3?!

Chris_BE

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you much for the write up but it was all you really, we merely assisted in fabrication.

Best Wishes!
~Chris

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two beautiful rings:appl:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her ring is perfection! Glad you had fun helping the engaged couple find the perfect diamond and setting, and thanks for the detailed vendor review!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a spectacular stone and ring!!! :love::love::love: Yours is gorgeous, as well!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh GOODNESS!!!

That’s a stunning diamond/ring, congratulations to the couple and to you and Pricescope for assisting and making it a reality.

AMAZING ❤️❤️

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! The ring is stunning! Congratulations! :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the specs are?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring, and that's what we like to hear about 5 star service from quality vendors!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results