shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.44ctw Graduated 5 stone - The journey

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share my PS journey since it took me ten years to get here. Could say it's been a (costly) lesson of self discovery regarding my personal jewelery style. Cause in the course of gaining knowledge about how to identify extremely ideal cut rounds i also discovered what I like and what style of ring is practical and best due to active lyfestyle. (Basically I'm heavy handed so alot of mishaps LOL)

Funny how time flies when you are having fun upgrading/resetting every quarter. DH and I will be coming up on our 32nd anniversary this year.

Anyway so I will post journey from beginning to end. Ring size is 6.5. But I swell and have big buckles so I always size up cause I prefer my ring on tad loose.

Specs
.35/.61/1.52/.62/.35

Screenshot_20230609_065404_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_065522_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230609_065452_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word……. This is absolutely gorgeous & you must be thrilled with it! :kiss2:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for the 1st jewelry purchas as a PS member
2.15ctw Brian Gavin 5 stone Uprong

5ofastones10 (2).jpg

I had couple small purchases in between. 2ct fat oval (returned it), 2ct asscher (returned it)...

At about that point I was comOMG to reality I prefer bling coverage from left to right- full finger.

So
Off to Brilliantly Engaged (back then ERD)
7stone w/.26pointers

may1cd.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then I began to think about a solitaire again and decided a three stone provide more coverage

I love warm diamonds. I am particular about the cut since I learned here the cut proportions is how performance is maximized. Alot of Jonathan @GOG's (back then, recently changed couple years back name) you tubes and HPD warm stones were my guides on discovering how certed L-Z color super ideal stones are GORGEOUS!!!

So back to BGD
I sourced the center and they provided sides

GIA M VVS1 6.3mm center with AGS BGD signature K VS1 & K VS2 .65ctw sides

3stonecc.jpg

Decided loved this look but still not as much coverage as i would like... so i me upgrade the stone

So I did some research and decided a 60/60 round with ideal specs qould be a blessing to acquire and found my 7.5mm Gia Q

Sent to BGD again
I sourced the sides this time 1.23ctw

190605_145844_COLLAGE-1.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then I said I really like the bling factor of 5 stones. Let's try one with fancies.
PEARS

2ct pear 7.17 x 10.91 fancy lighT fancy
Sides: Two .50ct & Two .40ct

72238-5.jpg

IMG_20211124_105555.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So after wear this ring daily with spinning and being a cocktail ring , not for daily wear I brought it down.

So at this point I'm know I love the art deco inspired jewelry and gems. And non traditional halo designs.

So came my next design.
I loved this design. It was so different and certainly got the finger coverage but I want TO SEE my diamonds. I mean I need to see the girdle, the crown, the sides and the facets so I still had doubts.

832545-58b9606e1b6c50fae91c44791455c6b6.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. The art deco 3 stone halo was marvelous but the halo took away from the stones to me.

In meantime, I had collected stones that were laying around from previous purchases and so one

Sit back and just contemplate on what is was that I wañted/needed

Preferred wall to wall bling coverage, reflected to when I had it and thought out how I could get art deco, wall to wall bling, protection setting.

Decision was to keep my center but try to work it into a 5 stone. Since I already had the 3 stones found the two .35pointers from an old idj eternity band (years ago thinknit was b4 I found my center stone)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course some addional pieces were born within this time span but I have had Aayla for few months now and wanted to share.
This was my journey to find my Ering.

It was fun. I enjoyed every minute of it and my heart is happy.

I have also learn imprefer eternity bands....spinning is the worse. UGH

Well, thanks for looking. Thanks for helping me over the years with my projects PS. Most of all thank you for helping me get it right

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word……. This is absolutely gorgeous & you must be thrilled with it! :kiss2:

Ha ha!! Thanks you so much. I love it.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Your new ring is perfection! :kiss2:

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
So neat to follow along your journey. Your 5 stone is absolutely gorgeous (so were many of the other beauties you tried along the way) I can see why you settled there. Congrats to 32 years!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! I too have found I need a protective setting and a faux bezel w prongs is also my favorite! Everything I have is like this or bezel. Even my pave is all bright cut for safety. What did you do with the others settings? Scrap or repurpose? Thanks again for sharing!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@ZestfullyBling congrats on 32 years and the journey of self discovery to this lovely ring!

The low setting with the swooping lines (I don’t know the term for them?) is gorgeous too.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So neat to follow along your journey. Your 5 stone is absolutely gorgeous (so were many of the other beauties you tried along the way) I can see why you settled there. Congrats to 32 years!

Thank you so much @JV36912 !! I’m just so glad I stumbled upon PS so many years ago.

Your new ring is perfection! :kiss2:

Thank you I think it’s Perfect too=)2

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! I too have found I need a protective setting and a faux bezel w prongs is also my favorite! Everything I have is like this or bezel. Even my pave is all bright cut for safety. What did you do with the others settings? Scrap or repurpose? Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks @Asscherhalo_lover ! So have bezels and faux bezels are available and DK does them the best IMO hands down.

Both would use as scrap toward new setting and repurpose. A few I sold.
Thank you looking;))

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ZestfullyBling congrats on 32 years and the journey of self discovery to this lovely ring!

The low setting with the swooping lines (I don’t know the term for them?) is gorgeous too.

Thank you, I has be very an interesting /fun/and nerve wrecking experience for sure. LOL
I SHOWEd Amy at DK a ‘trellis’ setting and told her I wanted a similar look for the gallery.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
All of the rings in your journey are so pretty but Ayla is outstanding!! I also love the pear 5 stone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This new ring is spectacular! You have had a wonderful journey with many different looks. This one, however, is just gorgeous! Hats off to you for figuring out just what you wanted. We have enjoyed getting to know you here and thanks so much for sharing yourself and your beauties with us!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new ring!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Of course some addional pieces were born within this time span but I have had Aayla for few months now and wanted to share.
This was my journey to find my Ering.

It was fun. I enjoyed every minute of it and my heart is happy.

I have also learn imprefer eternity bands....spinning is the worse. UGH

Well, thanks for looking. Thanks for helping me over the years with my projects PS. Most of all thank you for helping me get it right

I love seeing the journey, thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your new 5 stone, it’s beautiful.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing the progression! And the final
Result is perfection!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely. So much fun to see all of your creations and I'm glad you've had fun along the way. I admire your willingness to change it up, and grow, and discover what you really love. Wear your new ring is bling-happiness!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the rings in your journey are so pretty but Ayla is outstanding!! I also love the pear 5 stone.

Thank u @oldcutclubmember ! I love my pears! I was going against the grain with that style. I had never seen one and I did some serious digging, came across no 5 five stones with the orientation of that ring. But for my hand I need to see hearts and arrows…it’s a mind thing. I’m just particular that way. Lol

you pear halo is DEVINE btw! I :kiss2: the art deco style ring in your avatar!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This new ring is spectacular! You have had a wonderful journey with many different looks. This one, however, is just gorgeous! Hats off to you for figuring out just what you wanted. We have enjoyed getting to know you here and thanks so much for sharing yourself and your beauties with us!

You are so kind @MissGotRocks, thank you! Yes sooo many different looks. Some I may revisit at a later time with maybe a 8.5mm round. But that’s a discussion for another day. You and so many other PSers have been so welcoming and supportive. Which makes sharing so cool=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results