shape
carat
color
clarity

3.11ct AVR - Not quite a solitaire.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received these photos from David Klass today for my newly set 3.11 K SI1 AVR. It has .51ct of single cut stones and tapered bullets on the sides. Set in 18kt yellow gold, with tipped double prongs.

The ring is a copy of a very old ring I saw once online. It had just the right amount of 'extras' while still letting the center stone shine.

I think it's stunning, and I think David's work is, as ever, superlative.

And if she sees this..... Diamondseeker - this is the decision I finally made with my AVR. Perhaps it will help you decide on your own forever setting - even if only to rule some ideas out! Thanks for your suggestions re settings; it helped! :wavey:

kar2.jpg

kar4.jpg

ka6.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous! I'm really loving the work I see coming out of DK. He seems to really want to please his
customers.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couple more....

kar14.jpg

kar11.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And last one! For some reason, I can't quite seem to catch my breath....

kar10.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so beautiful! :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone who made comments and suggestions about setting in a solitaire - especially the thread I started about 8 prong settings. It was really helpful and encouraged me to 'stay simple'.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re-posting this one so it comes up a little larger. I think this is my favorite photo of the ones I was sent. I think it could do with a good steam, though, so am looking forward to it getting home to mamma, so I can shove her in the bath!!

_29156.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! Classic and clean, but a bit unexpected at the same time...and your gorgeous stone is still the star!! Well done!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring, love the setting, congrats!!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning. The stone is beautiful and love the setting you chose.

Eauphelia

Rough_Rock
Wow. This setting is perfection. I love how how it is unique, but classic at the same time.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, that is quite spectacular. Funny, I'm having a hard time catching my breath too!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow this is amazing! I've only seen bullet accents or round accents on a shank. This is the first time I see both accents in a shank and yet they flow so well together. Love the yg look :appl: Handshots please!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring! The stone is large and really show those facets.

I love the setting as well - the bullets elongate the setting from east to west giving that stone balance on the finger. Fabulous idea - reminds me of Evangeline's setting - I really love this design.

We will be waiting for a ton of pictures when you finally get this ring on your hand!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning! I'm so excited for you to get it. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Oh my!!! That is SO gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: What an elegant design!!! I really need more pictures! I especially want to see the profile view! I had not seen this yet on DK's fb, so it is a wonderful surprise! :appl:

I will add that it definitely helps me. This is a design that adds some detail but is still very classic at the same time. I'd probably do platinum with some milgrain around those stones, but I really, really love yours!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
It's soooooo beautiful! Classy and elegant but unique. The yellow gold takes it up a notch!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring exactly how it is now. Don't make any changes, it is gorgeous just the way it is now.
I bet you can't wait to get this ring home.
Love it!!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes..the first thing that I notice is the stone! Stunning!!!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: DK continues to impress with craftsmanship & ability to work so closely with clients to make their dream rings come true. Absolutely love the side rounds & Bullets in the shank and how it all perfectly balances out. Your center stone is stunning in this elegant setting! Congrats & please....more pics soon! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this setting for your stone!! It's beautiful and shows off your center stone perfectly.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful piece. Your stone shines in yellow gold and the sidestones in the shank are amazing. I love the elegant proportions of the ring. The amazing AVR looks so at home in this setting.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely adore the proportions of this ring! Congrats ! :love:

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Jewels by Grace had an antique setting that was a very similar design not long ago!

Just lovely! What does the profile look like?

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love: Drenched in yellow gold yumminess. Congrats!!! Can't wait until you receive it. Definitely more pics please!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your very kind comments! She's a stone cold beauty - that's for sure! - and she arrives this morning, all things running to schedule!

tyty333 - thanks! David's work is really impressive. His fine detail work is particularly lovely. I don't know many jewelers who could do claws more lovely than the ones on this ring!

Thanks m-2-b! You said once that you love blingy solitaires - I hope this one qualifies. :)

Yennyfire - ah! My favorite word re jewelry...'classic'! Thank you for that lovely compliment.

arkieb1 - thank you! And thank you for your comments on the 8 prong solitaire thread. That thread really did lead to this ring.

Hi Lookinagain! Thanks for your kind words.

Eauphilia - Thank you! Classic plus unique is a lovely combination. :)

Kathley - straight and to the point! Thanks!

Vintageinjune - your comment made me chuckle. :) Great jewelry really does take one's breath away, doesn't it?

Hi thecat. Hand shots coming! Well, probably not finger shots (I don't post photos of my hands) but I'll do my best.

MissGotRocks - I'm glad you like the design - it sure took some thought. I started to get a bit frozen and stuck with it all, but kept coming back to this design and, in the end, just had to force myself to take the plunge. I'm very glad I did! I don't think I know Evangeline's ring - do you happen to have a link?

SparklySoprano - me toooo! And thanks for your comments on the 8 prong solitaire thread. :wavey:

Diamondseeker - YAY! I am SO glad you like it! I know it's a ring I'll enjoy wearing for many years - rather than a look I tire of quickly. At this point in my life, I want 'forever stuff' - not whims. This is a forever ring. :)

redtoze1 - I'm glad you like the yellow gold! In my mind it was the only way to go, and I think it was the right idea for this stone and the setting.

caf - thanks!

Madison - thank you! And I won't be changing a THING!

Nala - then mission accomplished! And thank you.

Rockinruby - it was great hearing your comment re balance. It's something I strive for in jewelry, and I think it can make or break a design. And tapered bullets are tricky....

LLJsmom - thank you! I really wanted to keep that gorgeous stone as the star. My tastes are simple, but not plain. I wanted a setting that reflected that.

Acinom - thank you for that lovely comment. I think it encapsulates everything I was trying to achieve.

Resonance.Of.Life - proportions are everything - thank you!!

ElleW - yes - and that's the one that was my inspiration ring. That setting has been around for a little while and I almost bought it and used it for something else. In the end I decided it could be tweaked and reproduced as the perfect home for my AVR. And I think it is. :)

Lovesvintage - your comment makes me want to eat it, not wear it!! Laughing here. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile shot! I asked David to shave out the angle where the bullets end as much as possible, but you can only do so much. In the final analysis, they're a straight stone in a round ring, so they're going to form an angle. I like it, though, and think it gives the ring an architectual aspect.

ETA I thought about engraving, pave, milgrain, and every doo-dad possible for jewelry. But in the end I decided that a great design was a great design and that if this ring wasn't 'right', no amount of engraving was going to save it. And if it WAS right, it didn't need anything else. The edges David did look smooth and clean and the lines are strong without being heavy. I asked for a yellow gold basket and various proportions (a 2mm band at the back, 4mm right where the shank splays out to the head, a concave curved line around the round sides rather than a straight line and so on), but in essence, I wanted to keep it clean and restful looking - because I'll be looking at this ring for a looooong time! I wanted a ring I could put on first thing in the morning without thinking "Ugh! Too blingy!" I wanted something substantial enough to take me out in the evenings, but something that wouldn't look silly with jeans. I don't know that it's even possible to hit all those things in one piece of jewelry - but I did my best!

profile_shot_40.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE it - perfection!!! I'm loving the YG! When I joined PS no one seemed into the YG, but I loved it! I kept questioning why just me? So glad the tide has turned!!!! SOOO pretty! Can't wait for hand shots!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results