shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 3.0ct Whiteflash ACA + Maytal Hannah is Here! And Photos!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Incredible! A classic!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring!!! :kiss2: I especially love those prongs, the fine detail of them is just beautiful - the first photo reminds me of a snowflake! I also love your wedding band, I think it perfectly compliments your new ring. You wear them both so well - enjoy! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous ring!! :love: Amazing diamond and setting...looks perfect, and huge, on you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! :love: Congrats!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh! Thank you @Alex T , @okthen , @bright ice , @Petalouda , @kathley (I also followed your prior journey with Maytal, thank you!), @bright&shiny , @Tourmaline , @luv2sparkle , @Diamond Girl 21 , @diamondseeker2006 , @nala and @Kim N (let me get more profile photos!), @ksluice (you described it more beautifully than me!), @Cristallo, @Catmom, @Austina , @carbonfan , @DejaWiz (I get so much of my diamond knowledge from you and Sledge!), @Queenie60 , @MamaBear , @DorotheaBrooke (love your Maytal ring, too!) , @Sprinkles&Stones , @GeorgieQ , @Dancing Fire for all of the kind words on the ring and our anniversary. All of your posts and jewelry threads over the past years have helped me SO much and countless others.

@Sparkles88 , @lulu_ma, @jBright, and @junebug17 , thank you and such a kind notes to counter to my DSS! Post kids, my fingers get so puffy during summer, and I asked Maytal to make the ring bigger at 4.5 (my finger is a 4), and she wisely counseled against it for when it's cold. It's a 4.25+ in between a 4.25 and a 4.5, and it's tight for these summer days but also not flying off anytime soon. The smarter call!

@ZestfullyBling, thank you! I also love the diamonds on the side. For someone like me, it's also possible to have too much going on, but I loved how Maytal was able to incorporate sparkle in a subtle way that only I will really notice!

@iluvcarats , 1000%! We moved out of state from my family and many friends for work, and it's ultimately been better for our careers and our kids' quality of life, but wow, sometimes it's hard being so far away! I can't explain it besides that this ring profile felt very much just for me and no one else.

@Mlh , of course! It was a 1.8 H! It actually had a slightly bigger spread for its size because it had a 57/58 table, but that combo plus how low it was set in my setting, made it look shorter and squatty from the side, which is the side I see the most! It is a knockout diamond and setting, and just totally my personal preference.

@K98, saaaame, heart prongs never crossed my mind until we were close to the design finalization. I'm obsessed with tiny single prongs, and magnified photos make anything look huge! These are tiny and graceful!

My heart is so warm and cake gooey right now, thank you!!!!

Last edited:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary! Timeless and classic and simply gorgeous!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is a showstopper. A stunner. Simply perfect!! Congratulations on your gorgeous upgrade!

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
That stone is stunning! It looks amazing (and huge!) on your hand, and it goes perfectly with your wedding band!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Love those prongs. Might have to break down and get a large stone some day just to get some prongs like that.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congratulations on your anniversary! Enjoy!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a piece of absolute perfection. A true work of art! You must be thrilled to own something so utterly exquisite, congratulations!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous upgrade! Your ring is absolute beautiful!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous in every way. I especially love the rounded shank, looks like it would be very comfortable!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all! I'm so excited to share my Whiteflash ACA upgrade in a beautiful Maytal Hannah setting! I'm a longtime reader, and this forum has been a source of education, advice, and beautiful jewelry over the years, so THANK YOU. I appreciate all of you and all of the contributions you make daily to help so many people like me.

I know we all want to get straight to the photos, so I’ll try to keep the story intro as short as possible!

Here’s a pretty photo from Maytal to start!

1Maytal.jpeg

This is my ten-year (but one year early!) wedding upgrade, but I gave myself a year to really find what I wanted. After now having gone through the diamond selection process and custom design route, I’m even more impressed my husband did this on his own so many years ago and kept it all a secret! To be fair, I don’t think he agonized even a tenth of what I just did over the last few months or thought about this project every day like I did. :oops:

I LOVED my original ACA, but I realized that I am color sensitive, so the tint really bothered me. I looked at a lot of ACAs online but couldn’t find the right match of stats, until I found this 3.0 F-VS2 that captured my heart (with the reassurance of Becca’s eagle eyes). It also had some extra details I liked compared to my first stone, like a slightly smaller table and higher crown that made the side profile more pleasing to my eye, but wasn’t so deep that it lost spread.

For the setting, Maytal Hannah’s portfolio really spoke to me. I love her delicate, detailed artisan work and high-quality craftsmanship. She is also such a lovely and genuinely kind person. The biggest change I wanted to make from my original ring was to add more detail and sparkle to the side profile, which is the view I see the most. The final design is graceful and flows, reminding me a lot of flower petals – with sparkle! And I love what ended up being heart-shaped prongs that are incredibly delicate and proportioned.

I really feel this ring is so personal to me, and it brings me a lot of joy to wear it and look at it. Thanks to Becca, Vera, and the team at Whiteflash, and thanks to Maytal!

Okay, finally more Maytal photos (the really nice ones!) and my photos - the wedding band is my original band and thinner, but I think it still works well with Maytal's ring (also zero photography skills so the artsiest I could get was using one of my kids' toys as a prop :dance:) Thank you for letting me share!:

Maytal 1.jpeg Maytal 2.jpeg Maytal 3.jpeg V 1.jpg V2.jpeg

V3.jpg V4.jpg
V5.jpg

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Congrats and happy 10th anniversary! You have lovely long, beautiful fingers. I wish I knew to ask WF for a size 4.25+. I am in a similar situation with a size 4 finger but need a 4.5 in the summer to fit over my knuckle but it’s loose and spins in the colder months and even in cool summer nights. Enjoy your beauty. More hand pics please :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous! Amazing stone and setting!

Can I ask what color your previous stone was?

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade! The setting is fabulous!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Whoa…that is gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous.

Congratulations on a stunning new piece!

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning!!! I love everything about it. The design and details are positively breath taking. You are one very lucky girl to have this on your hand. Happy Anniversary!!! Wear it with much happiness.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Large and in charge!! Congratulations on such a sparkler. You must need sunglasses all the time now.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
WOW! Your upgrade is stunning, it looks perfect on your finger, and I love the side view so much, I've never seen anything like it. Congratulations on the ring and on the anniversary!

valenledge

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, thank you @cushioncutnut , @xjsbellamias13 , @RunningwithScissors (love your collection!), @Dandi , @MamaBee and @mrs-b (you both are my ACA inspirations and heroes!), @Yimmers , @Patty , and @Donnass117 for the enthusiasm and kind support.

@Slick1 , thank you, and I adore your ring! I think I just posted a photo of your ring or one on CvB's site to another PSer - I can't get over the big chunky facets with the geometric lines of this setting!!

@oncrutchesrightnow , totally, I don't know if going bigger was really an excuse for me to have creative prong designs! I thought about 8 tiny claw prongs for a bit based on how incredible they look on other PS rings here, but they look even better with a large diameter. Maybe a RH project! Also, I love your rose cut and dream about having one!

@jaysonsmom, yes, super comfortable! I love the knife-edge look as well, but not enough over all these years than my love of pave on the band.

@Dmndsr4evr11 , thank you for the kind words, and hope you get a chance to try out the size in between a 4.25 and 4.5! It could be my imagination, but I feel like it makes a difference. With the slightly thicker band + the wedding band + summer, it doesn't spin at all but also isn't so tight where I can't take it off easily or my finger looks squeezed in. My original set (1.6mm on the e-ring and wedding band) always spun outside of summer. 4.5 would have definitely been too big, and I'd have to stack more bands or probably send it flying!

@tyty333 , it was an H! It's possible it was a low H, too, but that could just be me. I have to look up the stats, but if it showed up here, I could tell the potential new owner all of the great juju it has!

@starbrite , I do feel so lucky, it's a great reminder! The life road was bumpy getting here, and who knows what will happen tomorrow. I know it's just jewelry, but wearing it and looking at it reminds me to be present and grateful for today. Some days are harder!

@LLJsmom , haha, let's all wear sunglasses together! All of the sparklies on here hurt my eyes every day!

@PriceScopeKayti , such an honor! Thank you for your #JOTW dust, and thank you for everything you and the team do to help us all connect and share knowledge and support every day. PS is an incredible community!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results