shape
carat
color
clarity

2nd Carseat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I know we''ve had several threads on this but hoping mommies don''t mind repeating. We need a 2nd carseat for my mother. While I''ve read up on what others have opted for, our situation is *slightly* different in that this seat will get a lot of use since my mother watches her regularly. So this makes me nervous about the budget versions, even though I''d like to not spend a ton of money!

Hoping for a seat that (in addition to safety and value) is not too large as my mother has a compact car.
What do you think-does this exist?

PS We have a Britax Roundabout in our car--happy with it but might be a bit big for my mothers car, plus $$.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Janine - I use this one as my primary carseat in my car. It's nice and comphy, but still lower priced.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We bought this Graco comfort sport for my DH''s car since he only rarely takes him out for a ride on the weekends or something. You can''t beat the price (around $70). It is also one of the only carseats that fits in an economy airplane seat, so we use it whenever we fly with DS. It is very comfortable for DS, and we were actually very impressed by its performance as well.

My DH got into a fender bender when he had DS in the car with him. It wasn''t serious, but DS emerged without a scratch from this carseat.

http://www.target.com/Graco-1757846-Comfort-Sport-Creighton/dp/B002C3Q19C/ref=br_1_16?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=12953781&node=12953781&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Graco%201757846%20Comfort%20Sport%20Creighton

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, carseats are way less expensive across the pond! Ours cost a fortune here!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Ok, reviving this thread since I''ve got it down to 4 choices. Things I''m considering are (in order of priority): saftey, comfort, value and size (prefer compact as it is a smaller car). I don''t want to spend a fortune, but will spend more if it makes sense.

Choice #1: Graco Comfort Sport - retails around $75-80

Choice #2: Evenflo Tribute - retails around $70

Choice #3: Evenflo Titan - retails around $90

Choice #4: Maxi Cosi Priori - I can find it for $120-140

Also was able to find Britax Roundabout for $150 (for price comparison), but I think it''s too big for my mother''s car.

Anyone familiar with the above--I guess it''s more the top 3 as I''ve already gotten some good feedback on the Maxi Cosi.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Janine,
Even though on another thread I said that I don't like my Maxi Cosi Priori as well as my Britax Diplomat, I think it would work great as a second seat. A friend of mine has the Evenflo Triumph and really likes it. I'm not familiar with the Evenflo models you list.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what is the law nowadays?
34.gif
how much must a child weight before no car seat are required?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
http://shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?prodid=2019

We have this one. It's rear facing only, up to 4 years. That was my only non-negotiable and as it turned out this was the only rear facing model that would fit our car. We bought a second one for our occasional childminder to use, because it fits most cars with ISO fixing. It seems to be very comfortable and the covers can be removed for washing. Plus, the harness clip is quite stiff to operate, so less risk of little fingers poking it undone!
Car safety is one of my parenting obsessions and to be honest, I wouldn't use a budget car seat even for a single journey. This one is reasonably priced for what it is and I suspect anyone sitting in it would survive armageddon. If it wasn't rear facing, I'd look for a bigger one for myself.
3.gif

Jen

ETA it fits in DH's compact car, although it didn't look like it would!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results