shape
carat
color
clarity

2ct ACA on Vatche u113 on the way. What else should I know or look for?

Searchingforering

Rough_Rock
Hello, I have a 2 ct aca on vatche u 113 from WF on the way. Petite tab prongs requested.

What else should I know? I am going to email them to ask that the diamond inscription be turned so that it can be viewed w a loupe. Is there anything else I should ask for?

What should I look for when I get it? I am freakishly afraid of slanted prongs and/or uneven prongs. Besides prongs and tapping the diamond with finger nails, is there anything else I need to know, inspect for?

My first ering from previous marriage had slanted prongs and it bugged me to no end for 10+ years. I knew nothing about rings/diamonds then. Though that ring was a workhorse and I wore it 24/7 through everything from working in a vet clinic as a tech to going to medical school and residency to gardening. Stone never became loose.

Thank you for your input!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!
Great choice!

Now that you have a perfectly-cut diamond, look for places with lighting conditions that produce the best diamond light show.

Costco's lighting is pretty good.
IMO, the 3 places below have lighting that produce the most amazing diamond fireworks show.
1. In an elevator with those tiny halogen bulbs in the ceiling, and preferably a black or dark ceiling.
2. On a sunny breezy day, sit under a big shade tree that lets many little shafts of sunlight through.
3. IMO, THE BEST diamond light show I've ever seen: With someone else driving at night, and you in the passenger seat - hold the diamond up near the rear view mirror and point it's table back at the car headlights behind you. But if you do this while driving please first write a will that leaves your ACA to me. :Up_to_something:

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The lighting at Bed Bath & Beyond & Home Depot/Lowes are beyond amazing too!

And when you're on an airplane, and daylight comes in through the window and hits your diamond, you'll get the thousand-little-rainbows-thrown-everywhere effect.

Welcome to the world of super ideal diamonds!

Searchingforering

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!
Great choice!

Now that you have a perfectly-cut diamond, look for places with lighting conditions that produce the best diamond light show.

Costco's lighting is pretty good.
IMO, the 3 places below have lighting that produce the most amazing diamond fireworks show.
1. In an elevator with those tiny halogen bulbs in the ceiling, and preferably a black or dark ceiling.
2. On a sunny breezy day, sit under a big shade tree that lets many little shafts of sunlight through.
3. IMO, THE BEST diamond light show I've ever seen: With someone else driving at night, and you in the passenger seat - hold the diamond up near the rear view mirror and point it's table back at the car headlights behind you. But if you do this while driving please first write a will that leaves your ACA to me. :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results