shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maxmara786

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am totally new to PS...and the diamond process... I really like the four prong setting on BN with a princess cut diamond of about 1.25 cts. Should I buy from BN? They have een really helpful so far.. Also if anyone has bought frm BN are you happy? And ca someone please send me some pics of engagement rings they bought rom BN!! Thanks!!!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS. I have purchased a couple of small dollar items from Blue Nile and have been pleased, but you are talking about a much larger purchase. Have you used the search tool bar at the top of the page to look and see what other vendors are selling a 1.25 ct princess cut for? Give it a try and see what you come up with in comparison to Blue Nile''s price.

I think the four prong setting is a beauty and there are many others to choose from. Take a look at the "eye candy" folder in the "show me the ring" forum and you will see many different types of settings which will help you make sure of your choice.

There are many knowledgeable members here at PS that will be more than happy to lend a hand in helping you pick out the perfect stone.
35.gif

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring is from Bluenile. It is a .95 princess center stone in a platinum setting with .5 carets of princess stones in a channel setting. The ring is beautiful, and I have had no problems with it. The center stone is beautiful and sparkles so nicely in the sun. The only problem that I have with Bluenile is that you can''t upgrade your center stone later on if you want a bigger stone. If this isn''t important to you, then go for it!!

I don''t have a picture of my ring, but it came out looking just like the picture on their website. I like vatch settings. You can see these settings on dvatche.com. Then, go to solitare. I like the one for the princess cut that has a ''v'' shape of diamonds that you see from the side. You can get this setting from Whiteflash and Goodoldgold.... both of which have an upgrade policy.

My center stone is G, VVS2. The table is 69% and the debth is 67%. Make sure that you look at the length to ratio of your diamond. A 1.0 will be perfectly square.. but I think you can go up to a 1.04 or 1.05 and still look very square.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results