shape
carat
color
clarity

$25 gift for new mom - ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
FI''s family does a $25 holiday gift exchange every year, and I pulled the name of a new mother of twins! She just had a beautiful little girl and a handsome little boy a few weeks before Thanksgiving. Baby-themed gifts don''t seem like they would work because this is supposed to be a present for her.

PS mommies, especially twin mommies, can I get some ideas on what little things meant the most to you when your little ones were newborns? I appreciate your help.
9.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a magazine subscription to something that she likes? It could be an excuse for her to have some quiet alone time every month
9.gif

ETA: I'm not a mom, I just like magazines as a kind of guilty pleasure.
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A warm scarf and mitts
30.gif

ETA: Just realized not everyone lives in cold climates. So if it's not too cold, then a lighter cute scarf!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
A gift card for a pedicure.

NY Princess

Rough_Rock
Someone gave me a gift card to Sears Portrait Studio with some coupons to the same. I gotta tell you, I loved that gift and used it right away.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I would get two picture ornaments for newborns; Target sells baby boy and baby girl ornaments.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 12:11:15 AM
Author: fsu1227
Ditto! That is what I was going to suggest. And also try to work it out that someone watches the babies for that hour or so that she goes, so she can get away for just a little bit of alone time!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
MTG: I am like that with my magazines, too. I just got a Cooking Light subscription for $5 on Amazon and I am looking forward to browsing that every month.
21.gif

Kama: We are in MI and there is a high of 22 today. A scarf and mitts is a great idea! LOL

fsu/steph: GREAT idea! I love getting a pedi once in a while, what a treat. I''ll have to see what salons/spas are near her.

NYPrincess: Thanks for the suggestion! Sears does great pictures - my brother and I did portraits for our parents years ago for Christmas, when we were 18 and 21. They were nicely done and my mother was thrilled, since we hadn''t had professional portraits of the two of us together since we were little.

SZH: Thanks for the excuse to browse Target.
2.gif
Love that store! Ornaments would be a sweet gift, I''ll look into that.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had another thought. I think it would be nice to get her something only she can enjoy. As a new mum, I''m sure she gets plenty of things for her kids and she doesnt have enough time/energy to spoil herself. So it might be a nice idea to not get her anything that involves her kids? Just something that celebrates her..

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 12:11:15 AM
Author: fsu1227
Pedicure gc would be nice only if the new mom has someone to watch her babies and if she''s ready to part for them for that time period. Eqiestrienne, would you be willing to watch the two babies while the mom goes out? I''m sure that would be a great added bonus to the gift.
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
What about buying her a star and naming it after her babies?

I know that might sounds strange, but I''ve known a few people who have done this and the reception has always been warm.

There are several sites that sell them, easily found via google. Prices range, but you could maybe find one for $25.00.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I had my first baby in January and one of my favorite things was my grandma give me this really wonderful cozy robe.

I like the pedicure idea too but like mentioned only if she has someone to watch her kids.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2009 10:34:40 AM
Author: kama_s
I had another thought. I think it would be nice to get her something only she can enjoy. As a new mum, I''m sure she gets plenty of things for her kids and she doesnt have enough time/energy to spoil herself. So it might be a nice idea to not get her anything that involves her kids? Just something that celebrates her..
Ditto.

And if that doesn''t float your boat...Target has some really cute ornament gift sets that are 1st baby boy and girl related (i.e. pink and blue blown glass sets--really cute.) Awww...I want to go shopping with you, C!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
A gift card to a food place that she likes that DELIVERS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results