shape
carat
color
clarity

$25,000 diamond ring stolen from jewelry store at mall

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Two men got away with the largest diamond ring in the store. I cannot even imagine the brass cahones it took to do this, because you know they will be caught. However, why don''t these stores have better cameras? How in the world can you recognize someone? This is better video than a lot, but still, you can''t see these men''s faces -- the angle is horrible, and the resolution on the tape is grim. It amazes me that stores with this kind of inventory have such poor surveilance systems.

I''m glad for the employee that it was her manager that handed over the ring to the man, and not her, LOL!

http://www.kctv5.com/Global/story.asp?S=5556449

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, so glad that I wasnt working there. I am sure they are going to be under scrutiny by their corporate office. I would think that if they are selling a ring of that size that there would be a GIA cert and if that was the case if they would ever take that diamond out of the setting and replace it than I would think they would not return it.
Sucks though.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Eldridge is a Division of K''s Merchandise who recently declared full bankruptcy and is liquidating their assets right now. Now you can see why. Not the best business practice. Generally stores would have you sitting down and have a SECURITY guard present. What kind of diamond is it that a 4ct was only $25,000 is the bigger question
31.gif
31.gif

ksprincess

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, to change the subject but Lumpkin, I was born and raised in Lenexa and I have a friend whose last name was Lumpkin. Since you live in the area you wouldn''t happen to have a blonde-haired, female, 21 year old relative, who went to Shawnee Mission West would u?

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
No, sorry, I don''t have a friend or relative like that. But I do live in Lenexa, LOL! Lumpkin is a pet name my husband and I call each other. I have no idea where it came from, but one of us called the other that and it stuck. A long time ago.

Are you still in Lenexa, Ksprincess?

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
If the guy just ran off with it, I dunno. I coulda done that at pretty much every jewelery store I visited. I''ve been left alone with 3 diamonds each in the $10,000+ range. Granted, it wasn''t my first time in that particular store, but it''s not like the owner ever saw my ID or knew anything beyond my first name.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2006 11:18:15 PM
Author: codex57
If the guy just ran off with it, I dunno. I coulda done that at pretty much every jewelery store I visited. I''ve been left alone with 3 diamonds each in the $10,000+ range. Granted, it wasn''t my first time in that particular store, but it''s not like the owner ever saw my ID or knew anything beyond my first name.

Me too. Several stores even had me take stones/rings outside. One store had me go outside by myself! That diamond was a little blue looking on the street. I was nervous about being on the street and it was the wrong shape or I would''ve paid more attention to that stone. But I could have easily gotten into a car and left with it.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2006 11:49:45 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 10/19/2006 11:18:15 PM
Author: codex57

Me too. Several stores even had me take stones/rings outside. One store had me go outside by myself! That diamond was a little blue looking on the street. I was nervous about being on the street and it was the wrong shape or I would''ve paid more attention to that stone. But I could have easily gotten into a car and left with it.
bet it was fluorescent.

"my helzberg" has had problems with snatch and runs. Also problems with people switching out the 18k diamond earrings for cz. now they have the earrings marked with a bit of red nail polish. classy huh?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2006 6:38:41 AM
Author: ladykemma
bet it was fluorescent.

''my helzberg'' has had problems with snatch and runs. Also problems with people switching out the 18k diamond earrings for cz. now they have the earrings marked with a bit of red nail polish. classy huh?
Yes but it must have been Strong or perhaps the sun was just right. I looked at a Medium Blue a different day in a different state and it didn''t look blue outside.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results