shape
carat
color
clarity

Local Dealer vs Internet Vendors - who is the middle man?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roy

Rough_Rock
I have been working with a local dealer and he told me that he gets his diamonds from a few people. He is also a member on polygon.net so he gets to see a bunch of other diamonds. If he gets a diamond from polygon, is it equivalent to me getting a diamond from a vendor on pricescope? Meaning, is he the middle man or is there another person from polygon taking a cut from the cutter before him? And does a cutter always own the stone? And finally, are vendors on pricescope the middle man or is there another person in line from the owner of the diamond?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
If this is the jeweler's trade internet listing - than no - this is the wholesale price to the trade. 50 lashes if I am wrong, but the internet dealers republish the sheet w/ their prices at about 10% + markup. The internet dealers have entered in a more level playing field in that you can closer understand how much you should pay for a stone. Keep in mind that your jeweler - for his services (it cost over 1k to be on the receiving list) & knowledge will charge you above his cost. It depends on the jeweler, the price of the stone, etc as to how much profit the jeweler wants.

Your jeweler may also be privy to stones not listed on the jewler's net.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results