shape
carat
color
clarity

Georgia Friends or Plant Identifiers

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother's friend needs help identifying a tree in her yard. She lives in Georgia; not sure which part, but the blossoms on this tree of hers are like none I've seen. Can anyone help us identify? Thanks!

georgiablossoms.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking maybe a tree peony?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you might be right, Demon. Lots more varieties of tree peonies, and many more possibilities.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dee and VRBeauty for your replies and suggestions.

ETA: I was thinking this must be a hybrid/cultivated variety of some sort of blossoming tree.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a peony to me. Maybe one grafted onto a standard to make it a tree form?

sofi

Rough_Rock
I think these blossoms are from a Kwanzan cherry tree. A photograph including a coin for size reference would be helpful to confirm this ID.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I concur it is possibly in the family of peonies. Are they very fragrant? So pretty!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, Please let us know what this is once you find out. My thought was some type of peony. Very pretty

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are very pretty and I love peonies!!!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
The flowers look like a peony that used to live in my yard, but I had to look it up. Tree peony didn't sound right in my head, lol.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think these blossoms are from a Kwanzan cherry tree. A photograph including a coin for size reference would be helpful to confirm this ID.

Unfortunately I don't have any other photos, but I think you are right in identifying these as Kwanzan cherry tree blossoms upon Googling them! I wish this was MY tree!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results