shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT VCA Vintage Alhambra White Gold, White MOP

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VCA bug bites again. Pre-loved but practically new. I louped it with my 60x.

I didn't love it that much to begin with. Then I realized what a great neutral it is. This white MOP feels really easy and casual. I can layer it with my little pendant. I'm too lazy to even take off my other necklace. It's definitely growing on me.

I have to say that what I wear with it makes a big difference as to how it looks to me. Color warms it up. Black and neutrals makes it a lot more stark. That is why I kept taking pictures of it with different backgrounds.

I didn't know that the white gold had a whiter MOP than the yellow gold. Things you learn...

mop10.jpg

mop6.jpg

mop11.jpg

mop4.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more.

mop5.jpg

mop7.jpg

mop1.jpg

mop3.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, another beautiful alhambra pendant! It looks great layered with your diamond pendant! :love: :love:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Love it! They both look beautiful on you!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! This piece is on my wish list for the year, although I'll be buying the yellow gold one- really interesting to hear that they use different shades of MOP.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And a bit of a chameleon on you too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I say this with the utmost sincerity, is there a VCA necklace that doesn't look fabulous on your neck? No I don't think so. And all I can say is WOW. I have loved all your VCA options from the beginning and can see why your head might be spinning with choices right now. Cause none of them look less than gorgeous on you. :love: :love: :love:

My vote (for now hehe) is the Vintage white gold white MOP. Neutrals are a great thing you are right and they go with everything so your PPW will make this baby worth it! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look really good layered with the pendant. Great find!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, LLJsmom!! :love: :love: :love:

Yes, the MOP for WG is different from that for YG. I'm sure that's deliberate on VCA's part, lol!

You do know that this is soooo NOT helping with my VCA obsession, right?!! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1483702262|4112895 said:
LLJsmom, I say this with the utmost sincerity, is there a VCA necklace that doesn't look fabulous on your neck? No I don't think so. And all I can say is WOW. I have loved all your VCA options from the beginning and can see why your head might be spinning with choices right now. Cause none of them look less than gorgeous on you. :love: :love: :love:

My vote (for now hehe) is the Vintage white gold white MOP. Neutrals are a great thing you are right and they go with everything so your PPW will make this baby worth it! :appl:

This, in a nutshell!!

Gorgeous piece, gorgeous model, LOVE the neutral on you :love:

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. Do they twist like mad when you wear both necklaces?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyy! Great find - it's beautiful on you! I do like the contrast and how it looks layered! :appl: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it looks perfect on you LLJsmom! :love: :love: :love: I love the MOP, very bright and lively and will go with anything you wear - looks fantastic layered with your pendant! :appl: I love this choice, I hope you get lots of joy from it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Loving it all! You've got really gorgeous pieces :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great in all different lighting enviroments/outfits! :appl: Glad this one is a keeper for you! :))

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous!! I absolutely love it layered with your solitaire pendant. Beautiful!! :twirl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! :love: It does look great on you!!! :appl: I plan to get the MOP because it is a great summer color to go with colors like turquoise, blues, hot pinks, etc. Of course, you live where it's pretty much summer all the time! The black onyx and white MOP will be colors that would go with almost everything I wear, so I do plan on those even if they aren't as unique as some other colors.

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!! :love: It is such a versatile piece; you wear it so well!
Did you get an extender?

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty piece!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pendants together!!! The MOP looks amazeballs on you, btw, and it was great seeing how its appearance changed with the colors around it!!! Enjoy!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much. I am so glad you guys like the MOP. It is growing on me a lot. :D

Green with Envy said:
Very pretty. Do they twist like mad when you wear both necklaces?
Green, it twists a little, not much.

mol42 said:
Beautiful!! :love: It is such a versatile piece; you wear it so well!
Did you get an extender?
No mol. It never occurred to me. They did tell me that they would need to change the length of the original chain if I want it longer, and I like having a 15 and 16 option. If they did an extender, they would change the chain so that the 15 is not an option.

I am not regretting keeping this. Yay!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Love this! :love: It looks beautiful on you! What a great find! :appl:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow looks amazing on you!! :appl:

Beeby

Rough_Rock
Beautiful necklace. I like the white gold with the mother of pearl. Did I miss the story behind this lovely being purchased? It sounds like it fell into your lap ( or Neck). :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beeby|1483805279|4113282 said:
Beautiful necklace. I like the white gold with the mother of pearl. Did I miss the story behind this lovely being purchased? It sounds like it fell into your lap ( or Neck). :)

Beeby, it was the night of Dec 25 and I was bored and surfed a preloved jewelry website. I usually don't find VCA deals on this site cause the prices are so close to the retail price that it's not worth buying preloved. BUT. I found a TURQUOISE Alhambra pendant and this one, at a significant discount. I bought both but returned the turquoise cause the condition was just not acceptable given how much I was paying, even though I probably couldn't find another ever again. The condition of this MOP was basically like new. So I lucked out!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
oh my gosh its BEAUTIFUL and looks amazing layered!! And you found it preloved- whoo hoo!!!

It is amazing how different the MOP looks in WG vs the YG. I also had no idea they used different "shades" for the different colors of gold- this is such a beautiful cool crystalline, next to a diamond it looks perfect. Congrats on your new piece!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dollyanjuli|1483855226|4113463 said:
oh my gosh its BEAUTIFUL and looks amazing layered!! And you found it preloved- whoo hoo!!!

It is amazing how different the MOP looks in WG vs the YG. I also had no idea they used different "shades" for the different colors of gold- this is such a beautiful cool crystalline, next to a diamond it looks perfect. Congrats on your new piece!!

Does anyone know what shade they do use with YG? Is it just a creamier colour? My 2 MOP Sweets that I bought recently are YG, one has a pinkish tone at certain angle, the other doesn't.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1483869659|4113472 said:

Does anyone know what shade they do use with YG? Is it just a creamier colour? My 2 MOP Sweets that I bought recently are YG, one has a pinkish tone at certain angle, the other doesn't.

I was at one time considering a Vintage Alhambra bracelet with MOP; and as I tend to wear WG, I asked my SA to look for pinkish MOP and all of the WG ones were greyish. The MOP that comes with YG should be pinkish, or at least those I've seen and that's what my SA said also. Also, the MOP that comes with YG tends to be more rich, "warmer"; whereas that for WG tends to be "cooler", whiter - different looks really; it just depends on what appeals to you. Is the warmer tone (for lack of a better word) what you mean by "creamier"?

LLJsmom's MOP seems quite iridescent, very lovely and lush. I must say I haven't seen this with the MOP with WG at my local boutiques. It is still whiter though (would you agree, LLJsmom?).

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483871315|4113473 said:
Snowdrop13|1483869659|4113472 said:

I was at one time considering a Vintage Alhambra bracelet with MOP; and as I tend to wear WG, I asked my SA to look for pinkish MOP and all of the WG ones were greyish. The MOP that comes with YG should be pinkish, or at least those I've seen and that's what my SA said also. Also, the MOP that comes with YG tends to be more rich, "warmer"; whereas that for WG tends to be "cooler", whiter - different looks really; it just depends on what appeals to you. Is the warmer tone (for lack of a better word) what you mean by "creamier"?

LLJsmom's MOP seems quite iridescent, very lovely and lush. I must say I haven't seen this with the MOP with WG at my local boutiques. It is still whiter though (would you agree, LLJsmom?).

Yes, I did mean that- it's quite difficult to describe MOP, isn't it? And quite hard to see the iridescence it can have in photos. Thank you for the info, that's very useful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results