shape
carat
color
clarity

22 kt gold lovers - Robert Elliott?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I am thinking about purchasing a couple of stackable 22kt gold rings and I discovered Robert Elliott: http://22kt-gold.com/shop/category.aspx?id=395. He looks quite a bit more affordable than gurhan and still gorgeous pieces! Does anyone have anything by him or any conversations with him? I''d love to hear your thoughts.

I was thinking of getting something like these pieces:
http://22kt-gold.com/shop/product.aspx?ID=19875
http://22kt-gold.com/shop/product.aspx?ID=19985
http://22kt-gold.com/shop/product.aspx?ID=20126

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi, kcoursolle! I may have browsed this site before, but I do not know the people who run it. I certainly love the look of that 22K jewelry, though! If you buy some, please come back and tell us about it!
AGBF
34.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I don''t have any experience with that vendor. But I do like that twist ring you linked to. Very nice for stacking. Please let us know what you decide and what kind of experience you have.
21.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, bummer AGBF I thought if anyone would have purchased something from him it might be you given the gold lover thread. Love your bezel spessartite and diamond rings by the way!

Stonehunter, I''ll definitely chime in if I end up purchasing something from him. I think I''m going to start with the twisted band and see how I like it and then go from there. I''m sourcing a 5mm tsavorite garnet for a bezel ring. Yum!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/15/2009 2:49:06 AM
Author: kcoursolle

Aw, bummer AGBF I thought if anyone would have purchased something from him it might be you given the gold lover thread. Love your bezel spessartite and diamond rings by the way!

Stonehunter, I''ll definitely chime in if I end up purchasing something from him. I think I''m going to start with the twisted band and see how I like it and then go from there. I''m sourcing a 5mm tsavorite garnet for a bezel ring. Yum!
Thank you for the compliments on the rings, kcoursolle. I think the photos of them are buried in the gold thread somewhere! I did with Gurhan what you are planning to do with someone else with the tsavorite: asked them to make me a ring with a spessartite. They didn''t usually make them. They did use spessartites in earrings, though, so I figured they could put one in a ring! If you like Robert Elliott, maybe you should ask them if they can get you a tsavorite and put it in a ring.

AGBF
34.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to give an update I contacted him to buy a 22kt gold twist band. I''ll let you know how I like it once I get it.

By the way, if you are planning on contacting him the email on his website and the "contact" form didn''t work. I never got a response. However, I contacted him through ebay and got a response the same day.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Hi K,

I haven''t heard of this seller, but I have a large collection of 22k gold jewelry in our family. What I can tell you is that when buying 22k, you can get some very good values because most of it is hand made from India, and you can pay close to the going rate for gold bullion if the vendor believes you will be a repeat customer.

The last time I bought gold, it was about 24/gram for anything over about 20 grams. Now, its probably around 45/gram and upwards. I have never seen 22k gold priced well on the internet.

I purchased a small gold tester than indicates the purity of the gold and whether it is plated or solid. Do yourself a lemon and get one of these if you wish to go out and find a good bargain at an Indian or Middle Eastern jewelry store and be prepared to BARGAIN.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s Robert''s own site. He''s a nice guy. I have a ring made by him. He did a great job and his prices are very good. I don''t think you''ll be disappointed.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
BTW his isn''t made in India. He makes his own pieces.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/4/2010 4:39:56 PM

Just to give an update I contacted him to buy a 22kt gold twist band. I'll let you know how I like it once I get it.

By the way, if you are planning on contacting him the email on his website and the 'contact' form didn't work. I never got a response. However, I contacted him through ebay and got a response the same day.
Very cool! I hope you will post photos. People keep asking me for photos and I find them very hard to take, so I probably have a nerve asking anyone else for them...but I do hope to see some!

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:22:14 PM
Author: innerkitten
It''s Robert''s own site. He''s a nice guy. I have a ring made by him. He did a great job and his prices are very good. I don''t think you''ll be disappointed.
I looked at the site, and his stuff isn''t outrageously priced. You can''t really find this style very often in India. But I prefer filigree and orante work that would cost a bundle in the us because of the higher cost of labor and living. In India you pay next to nothing for labor if you buy a heavy enough piece.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
I tried contacting him w/o luck
5.gif
I''ll try again.
Great tips given Muffin_top

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/5/2010 5:19:06 PM
Author: Rachel9

5.gif
I'll try again.
Did you do it through eBay, Rachel?

AGBF
34.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 11:22:14 PM
Do you have a thread on it? I''d love to take a looksie!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 5:37:02 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
1/5/2010 5:19:06 PM
Author: Rachel9

5.gif
I''ll try again.
Did you do it through eBay, Rachel?

AGBF
34.gif
Yes, try through ebay...I tried all of the avenues on his site (email and the contact form) and none of them worked. I didn''t get a response from the contact form and his email came back to me. I''m not sure what''s going on there, but I mentioned it to him.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
I tried an old email given by DH: 22klaplaza.org since I didn't hear back from RE's website last week. Is it under his name over ebay??? TIA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rachel, In response to your question as to whether Robert Elliott was available via eBay, I have no first hand knowledge, but I was relying on what kcoursolle had written earlier in this thread. It had stuck in my mind, so when you said you had trouble contacting him I remembered that she had initially had trouble contacting him, too!

Date:
1/4/2010 4:39:56 PM

By the way, if you are planning on contacting him the email on his website and the 'contact' form didn't work. I never got a response. However, I contacted him through ebay and got a response the same day.
I hope that you can reach him via eBay. Here is a link to his website. He should know that people are trying to reach him and finding him unavailable, too!

AGBF
34.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
The lik worked AGBF, thanks for posting it, I''ll let you know what happens, THANKS! R
41.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I did. I''ll look around and see. He did it custom for me.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2010 4:16:46 PM
I did. I''ll look around and see. He did it custom for me.
Oooooh, can''t wait to see it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/9/2010 12:42:00 AM

Date:
1/8/2010 8:12:18 PM
Author: tradergirl
Check out this artist. Her stuff is fantastic.

www.anni22k.com
Gorgeous, thanks for the link!
Yes, thanks for the link. I hope you don't mind if I add this to the gold thread as a resource.

AGBF
34.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving the gold and silver rope twist... hmmm K- you are giving me ideas
27.gif
.... Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results