shape
carat
color
clarity

unique favors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
What are or did everyone do for their wedding favors that are different and unique? and should they be given to everyone? I went to a wedding where they just gave favors out to female, is that typical??

researcher

Ideal_Rock

Do you have a wedding theme? A friend of mine got married at a vineyard, and gave out bottles of merlot ($2 chuck) with a cute wine label they created themselves. In other words, no one knew it was $2 chuck because it just had a picture of the couple and a quick thank you note on the label.

For my beach theme wedding I''m going to give out little white pails with tulle wrapped shell-shaped Belgian chocolates with a Hazelnut chocolate filling. I had thought about handing out flip flops, but I thought it would be a little odd putting "shoe size" on the response cards!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the type of thing I''m doing!

PailBeach2.jpeg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I made a single red clay rose in a glass globe (like in Beauty and the Breast) for my honey as a gift for one valentines. I am thinking of using that as a decoration on the guest book table. So to go along with that idea, I thought about making red clay rose in clear favor box with confetti and tie with a personalized ribbon. The dilemma is that mean I have to make 400 favors since we are going to having about 400 guests at two receptions. So I want to see what others are doing to get more options. I like the idea of the handmade clay roses because it''s different. What do you think??

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a cute idea, but a lot of work. Maybe you could use the same idea, but make little rose soaps or something (much easier because you just pour the soap into the molds.

Oh, and when you asked about the favors going to the women only, my understanding is it''s okay to give one gift per couple, and when that''s done you hand the favor to the woman (the favors are usually geared more towards women anyway (I keep laughing at the fact that there will be pro football players at our wedding carrying out mini beach pails)).

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
we are making CD''s for all our guests and including songs that will play at our wedding (first dance, etc.) We also want to decorate the cd cover and actual cd with pictures or sometype of imagery. These are some of the songs we were thinking of using.

1. Fugees- Stand By Me (acapella)
2. Macy Grey- Sweet Sweet Baby
3. Love and Basketball Soundtrack- Sweet Thing
4. Erika Badu- Love of my Life
5. Lauren Hill- The Sweetest thing I''ve ever known
6. Bob Marley & Erika Badu- Turn your lights down low
7. Nina Simone- My baby just cares for me
8. Al Green- Love is a wonderful thing
9. Sade- By your side- Neptunes Remix
10. Lenny Kravitz- I belong to you
11. Dave Matthews- In my life
12. Maxwell- As my girl
13. Marvin Gaye- Ain''t no Mountain High Enough
14. Al Green- Let''s Stay Together

My friends did something similar with creating their own labels with wine bottles and it was fabulous and I love those sandpails, cute idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I almost did the CD thing, but we''ve invited someone who''s a band manager and I didn''t think he''d like us "stealing" songs. Hence the chocolates.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Hi researcher~

I didn''t know it was "stealing"l to make CD''s, especially if we bought every cd we are picking songs from and are giving them away and not selling them? I feel bad now~ ok, not that bad, but I had no idea
emotion-18.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Well there''s always so sort of copyright issue... but I don''t think they are going to chasing you down for making the cd... hehe... Just tell them that they are lucky to be a part of your wedding if they do
emangel.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s silly that it''s "against the law" to copy CDs and distribute them (especially when you''re just compiling songs to make a unique gift), but I just didn''t want to offend anyone at my wedding by giving them out. But, I see no reason why you shouldn''t, as it''s a wonderful keepsake that people will actually get some use out of!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Researcher,

How much do you think it is going to cost to make the soap roses? I like your chocolate seashell in a tin; it''s perfect for the theme. I thought about using chocolate but I think that would be totally over my budget. This wedding planning is so stressful, but I guess I have a year to plan hehehe.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I got married in Key West so our favors were a bottle of key lime juice with a small recipe book that included recipes that pertained to us (ie. mango margaritas (wedding''s signature drink), chimichurri marinade (enjoyed the night we were engaged), lime meltaway cookies (my husband''s favorite cookie I make), and key lime pie (we had this instead of wedding cake). Each guest got one excpet for the kids who got sand pails filled with small toys, stickers, and coloring books to help keep them occupied. Both were a big hit!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I WANT the recipe to the mango margarita too. =)

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Since we had a beach wedding I made chocolates in different flavors, all in the shape of various seashells and placed them in champagne glasses for each place-setting. I also tied each glass with ribbon and included a personalized matchbook or matchbook-sized notepad.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I decided to do the clay roses after all. Maybe if I have time, I will take picture of the rose and post it on here.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
These were our favors. We alternated white and red takeout containers with red chopsticks. We put 2 fortune cookies and a chocolate coin in them. We spent a fortune on our favors but it was worth it, we had lots of compliments on them!
1.gif

034.jpg

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I''m probably going to make a donation to a charity in lieu of favors.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
The recipe for mango margaritas (and a picture of us enjoying them):
5-1/2 cups mango nectar
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup tequila
3/4 cup triple sec
crushed ice

In a large pitcher, combine mango nectar, lime juice,
tequila, and triple sec. Stir well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve over ice in a sugar-rimmed glass, if desired. Makes about 8 cups.

As for the bride doing clay roses, can you use soap molds to create them? It may cut your production time down considerably!

p2wed.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I can, but I don''t want to because I am a very hand on person who like making things (or I am just very anal) and I just think it''s much more personal. Plus I have a year to make them, so I think I am in good shape. I will be doing all the bouquets and floral decorations myself too because I am a floral designer and don''t want to pay an arm and a leg for the style and look that I love and I just don''t trust anyone else to create the style that I envision (I am the one who know best how and what to create what I want).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
a pic of the sample of my favor (early stage). Finish favor will have some kind shredded fillers under the rose and then a personalized ribbon (either gold or mint green - haven''t decided yet) around the box.

favor.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
pics of clay rose

clayrose.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The rose inside the glass dome I made for my FI for our first Valentine''s that brought on this favor idea.

glassdomerose1.jpg

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Wow the roses are stunning. They look so classy and elegant. I have a bit of a greek background so a lot of the favours at the family weddings are sugared almonds in blue or pink tulle tied to little plastic "ancient" style statues which has been put on the no way list. I love the sand pail idea as well I think that would be great for a beach wedding. The only thing I am worried about with that is what if it melts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results