shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Advice for a First-time Buyer?

Adamant

Rough_Rock
Learning as much as I can before I buy my first diamond, so I wouldn't mind a bit of advice. There are A LOT of people around here buying some big rocks! I wish I had something more impressive to ask you about, but this is what I'm looking at:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rap.certs/gia/Certificates/2014/8/27/2176949751.pdf

We picked the setting at Jared's, and I looked everywhere for a similar setting, but to no avail. Jared doesn't even sell it online; only in the store it seems. Anyway... They offered me a G I1 .71 ct diamond for $2300, which seemed a bit overpriced to me at the time, and I've confirmed as much here on PriceScope. Are there any glaring issues with this diamond I found here?

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
Get Idealscope images of the link you provided...it scored a 1.7 on the HCA so its worth taking look at.

I wouldn't recommend going to Jared's...check out some of the sponsors on here

Adamant

Rough_Rock
I found this one through the search engine here on PriceScope. Does that mean they are a "sponsor?" Sorry if that's a dumb question... Thanks for the advice!

Edit: Looked into the ideal scope, which I'd never heard of before coming here. Very interesting... Unfortunately I don't have the diamond yet to test it. I will look into getting the ideal scope though. Until then, does anyone have any opinion on its dimensions/angles? I'm not very knowledgable of these kinds of things, so the help is appreciated!

Pandabear90

Rough_Rock
Adamant|1413514371|3768323 said:
I found this one through the search engine here on PriceScope. Does that mean they are a "sponsor?" Sorry if that's a dumb question... Thanks for the advice!

what is your budget for diamond alone?

Adamant

Rough_Rock
If I could get a better diamond for the same price as what Jared offered me, that would be ideal. This one is from Solomon Brothers for $2,264, which is basically the same price.

Adamant

Rough_Rock
Yes. I wish I could afford something nicer, but this is what I have to work with. (She was already pleased with what we saw at Jared's, but I thought I could do better for her online.) I see the link you provided is a AGS certified diamond, and I believe I've heard that GIA is generally more preferable?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell us your total budget.

I like the first stone you linked to. Let's see what we can find for you. Okay?

Adamant

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help! I really can't go above $2300 for the diamond. Her heart's fixed on the setting we found there, so I can't budge that figure much.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results