shape
carat
color
clarity

BLUE and Cherry Baroque Tahitians

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm just so thrilled with these, and I'd like to thank you all for your input when I was choosing
( [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/holy-moly-which-one-of-these.204321/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/holy-moly-which-one-of-these.204321/[/URL] ). I would have passed right by the Blue ones! :shock: Thanks to Flygirl for her invaluable advice, and everyone else for pointing out the blues. If someone ends up buying the cherry rounds from him, please post pics! :pray:

I got these from Jose at TahitianPearls.biz, even before they got to his website. If you want to find out what he has, I suggest you just email.

Lots of pics, and neck shots to come later. They were taken with DD's cell phone, so not the greatest, but I carried the boxes around to get a lot of different lights. I'm thrilled that they don't look grey in any type of lighting, and the cherry looks even nicer than the pics.

photo_811.jpg

photo_812.jpg

photo_813.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The cherry really have a green body color and that didn't really seem to translate in the pics. :|

photo_814.jpg

photo_815.jpg

photo_816.jpg

photo_817.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now that I've seen them posted, the very first photo is the most correct to what I see in real life. Rest seem a bit washed out. :(sad

These are both 18 inches, and I've asked Jose to make me a 3 inch extender for flexibility with sweaters, which should be here soon. I thought the baroque aspect would bother me, but it really doesn't in RL.

I've attached one of Jose's original shots, which does look a lot like Real Life.

I'll be back later with neck shots. :appl:

photo_819.jpg

_21064.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, those are gorgeous, iLander, and I'm glad if I could help. There have been other complaints about PS washing out photos, so most of us know to add several layers of color to what we see on our screens.

Simply beautiful, and I hope you love wearing these.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. Glad you love them and vendor photos are very close to what you see IRL. Can't wait to see neck shots. What mm size are these?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW they are gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:
So happy you are thrilled with them iLander. Wear them in health and happiness. :appl:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations iLander! Both strands are beautiful!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean, PS "fuzzifies" and drains the colors from my pearl pictures, sadly.

Both strands are beautiful. Wear them in health! I'm looking forward to neck shots.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Amazing! Those were "cherry" picked for sure! :love:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1407283419|3726846 said:
HI:

Amazing! Those were "cherry" picked for sure! :love:

cheers--Sharon

LOL: but I agree!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Those are both gorgeous, and I am envious! :mrgreen: Enjoy lucky lady! :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Your new pearls are fantastic! I really think you'll enjoy wearing them with lots of outfits and on many occassions.The colors are amazing!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They are both gorgeous! First I was like ' oh I love the cherry..." then ' oh wait .. I love the blue' lol I can see why you got both of them ! Well done and enjoy ! :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I voted for these two and you got them both! Stunning stunning necklaces. :love: I didn't know it's hard to find colors like yours till I searched through all 114 strands of PP that are on sale now. Congrats on scoring two amazing necklaces :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They are both absolutely gorgeous! I am sure you will reach for both of these often!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I really like the colors in both strands. I am sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of them.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Neck Shots!! :wavey: 10-11.5 mm pearls.

First the blue outside, then inside.

The outside makes the greenish tones in the blue really pop, so these will be my outside pearls. :bigsmile:

blueoutside.jpg

blueinside.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Now, the cherry baroques, first outside, then inside.

The inside lighting brings out the subtle colors, and they kind of wash out in bright sun, so these will be my inside pearls, lol.

When I first asked Jose about these, I asked him to send me pics without filters, in natural light. I think that is the way to go. I learned this from buying colored stones, which, like pearls, changed colors everywhere they go. Which makes it a pain to buy them. So I would ask for a pic of the stone on the hand, that usually helped.

Or sometimes it's easiest to just ask! "I like these types of colors, do you have something like that or something else that you think is really great?" I never even considered, or knew of, cherry pearls, but Jose suggested them.

ETA: These are 9.8-10.8, measured the short way, but because they are fairly baroque, they're wider than the blues.

Hope this bit of reference helps others! :appl: I will reply to everyone later this evening. :sun:

cherryoutside.jpg

cherryinside.jpg

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Very nice & elegant, you wear them so well. The overtone fits your skin tone and really 'pops'. Congrats!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Big WOW! They are different--wonderful to have both! :love:

cheers--Sharon

mapo

Shiny_Rock
iLander, both strands look great on you! I especially LOVE the cherry strand. Those colors just pop off your neck!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Both of those strands look amazing on you. I love, love, love the blues. The cherry baroques have wonderful colors.

Enjoy your new strands, and I'm so glad you got both. :appl: :appl: :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they are both beautiful! I think I like the blue most, bet then I look at the cherry and they are so subtle and elegant.

Wear them both in good health!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I couldn't choose, though I am partial to blues. Thanks for the eye candy. Enjoy your beautiful pearls, iLander!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm usually a blue girl, but I love the cherry strand. The colours are amazing.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
iLander - Both strands look amazing on you! I don't know if I could have picked only one either so I'm glad you bought both. You will love these forever!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, both strands complement your lovely coloring and look quite smashing! Great choices both of them. :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
FlyGirl; your advice about body color was so helpful, and the picture of your lovely cherry drop strand made me envious. :Up_to_something:
Baby Monster:Thank you! The blue are 10-11.5, and cherry are 9.8-10.8 measured the short way.
Missy: Thank you, Missy! I was worried they would be all grey in RL, thrilled when they weren't!
Leyhuong: Thank you, I think the blues look the best on me, and the cherry kind of meh, but I like them both.
Canuk-gal:Ha, ha! Yup, I think this is all I need in terms of Tahitians, I'm full up now :bigsmile:
Mozo: I know you liked the rounder strands in the other thread, but I thought these were more everyday casual wear. Plus cheaper. :)
JaneSmith: Thank you, that's a great compliment!
pkinnew:Thanks! I kept Trying to pick only one, but then Jose gave me a little $ off for buying both, so I couldn't pass it by. :naughty:
katbran: I think you have my Exact thinking process, lol.
thecat: See, you have great taste! Just ask Jose what he has in the safe, he may have something for you, His prices are about the same as PP.
LitGeek: I think I will wear them a lot, especially since they are a little smaller and less formal than some of my other pearls.
Kay; Thanks, I just couldn't decide!
Mapo: I'm glad you like the cherry, I'm not sure they look that great on me, but thanks for saying so. :)
FlyGirl: Yeah, I felt that if I skipped the cherry I would never see it again, so better to just grab it.
Bsomio: Yes, the luster is pretty sharp on both, not sure how to make that show up on PS. The prices were good, so I couldn't pass them by.
Elysium: I couldn't decide either! Thank you.
cmd2014: Yes, Jose said the colors on the cherry were excellent, so I took his word for it.
pkinnew: Thanks! I kept Trying to pick only one, but then Jose gave me a little $ off for buying both, so I couldn't pass it by. :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do you have a favorite????? :bigsmile: :rodent:

OKOK I said it....I love the CHERRIES! The "blues" are sublime...truly....yet the cherries are da bomb! (and if memory serves, I think they will match your car.....)

Such a different feel--that said from a person who owns NEITHER! Wear them in health!

cheers--Sharon

iLander

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
HI:

Do you have a favorite?????
:bigsmile: :rodent:

OKOK I said it....I love the CHERRIES! The "blues" are sublime...truly....yet the cherries are da bomb! (and if memory serves, I think they will match your car.....)

Such a different feel--that said from a person who owns NEITHER! Wear them in health!

cheers--Sharon

They are favorites in different ways! :bigsmile: The blue strand is great for wearing, and I like the way that the color shifts (pearls are almost as good as color shift colored stones! who knew?) from blue to bluish green in different lights. But I agree with you, the Cherry strand is enchanting. The reddish rainbowy over tones are fascinating! The luster doesn't come across in the pictures :sick: but they just gleam. I put them in the darkish dining room, and the middle 4 pearls suddenly looked solid green, red, gold and red. I really had no idea (!) that pearls could be so shifty and changey! I just carry the box around and gaze at them all day. I look a bit ridiculous. :oops:

Ha, ha, cherry bombs. :D I see what you did there. And yes, they will look terrific with my red, red, car. :bigsmile: :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results