shape
carat
color
clarity

Fruit emergency.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I've just eaten almost a kilo of cherries. First ones of the season, and oh so delicious. I was at the supermarket and there they were, calling me. I bought a small bag, knowing I would eat them all as soon as I got home, and I did. Divine.
However, I'm now slightly concerned about tomorrow. I have to be at an event for most of the morning, so I must make sure I'm near a loo at all times. Blast my lack of self control! But I love cherries so. :lickout:

Has anyone else done this? Binged on their favourite fruit to the point of tummy ache, sore lips, or ... poop issues? :???:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! :lol:

I lurve cherries too. I spent $11 on a bag at the grocery store.

I don't usually have any issues though.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take some Immodium (sp?) or something with you tomorrow? Too much fruit can really loosen you up, unfortunately. Or sometimes, fortunately. :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, experienced divine ecstasy eating fresh cherries only the next day to have "poop" issues....know here the bathrooms are and how to get their quickly, in hindsight [LOL] I'd do it again!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy getting your cherry pooped. :shock:

(I double checked my spelling.) :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1402638135|3692169 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
My husband bought me one of those 3kg boxes of cherries at a fruit festival one year...ate the lot within a weekend.
eeep :appl:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
We had huge Feijoa bushes In our yard growling up. When they were in fruit we would gorge ourselves on them until we were almost sick.

I would love to devour ridiculous quantities of cherries but they are so expensive here!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't help but think of the scenes involving cherries in the film "Witches of Eastwick"!!! :naughty: :bigsmile:

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love fresh dark cherries too and tend to binge on them a little too happily. Just watch out for the extra fibre and you'll be well prepared.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
No issues, but I LOVE Rainier cherries.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1402664607|3692314 said:

Huge ditto here. I eat dozens of the Ranier cherries at a time easily with no issues. I just cannot stop eating them. They are oh so good. :lickout:
Another reason to love Costco btw because they are not too expensive there.

Jane, I don't think you will have problems a day after eating them unless your digestive system is sort of slow...hope it doesn't affect you and you enjoy the event without any cherry consequences!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your a cherry lover then come to Ca. and eat them off the trees.. ;)) The best Ca. cherries are shipped off to Japan.

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
kenny|1402638135|3692169 said:

I thought Kenny would ask about the cherry seeds - "Did you spit or swallow" :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh the cherry poops! :bigsmile:

Eat a couple of bananas.

cheers--Sharon

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, I get cherry-sick from the first bag of cherries every summer. I'm so excited they're back and they taste so good that I can't stop eating them. A couple of hours later, I'm on the couch moaning with my hands on my stomach. I've even had to cancel plans as a result.

My dad does the same thing.

DH doesn't understand.

Hopefully I'll exercise more self-control this year.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Good news everyone! Apparently I've developed bowels of steel! Off to buy another bag of sweet sweet cherries.

BTW, I love all the replies. :))

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
pregcurious|1402664607|3692314 said:
+1 and the added bonus is that they don't stain clothes like red cherries so my kids can devour them and I don't have to deal with scrubbing red stains out of their clothing!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Bowels of Steel" :lol: :lol: :lol: Wish I had those...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When we lived in our last house in Connecticut we did not, at first, realize we had a massive old cherry tree in our back yard. We found out when we started to see cherry pits on the ground. Our dog had been eating the fallen fruit.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF said:
When we lived in our last house in Connecticut we did not, at first, realize we had a massive old cherry tree in our back yard. We found out when we started to see cherry pits on the ground. Our dog had been eating the fallen fruit.

Deb/AGBF

_19203.jpg

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1402886637|3693919 said:
AGBF said:

Deb/AGBF

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1402631645|3692138 said:
I've just eaten almost a kilo of cherries. First ones of the season, and oh so delicious. I was at the supermarket and there they were, calling me. I bought a small bag, knowing I would eat them all as soon as I got home, and I did. Divine.
However, I'm now slightly concerned about tomorrow. I have to be at an event for most of the morning, so I must make sure I'm near a loo at all times. Blast my lack of self control! But I love cherries so. :lickout:

Has anyone else done this? Binged on their favourite fruit to the point of tummy ache, sore lips, or ... poop issues? :???:

My 15 year old daughter did this just over the weekend. I brought home cherries and she ate them ALL! In one afternoon! She was fine today. She was nervous she would not be because she is in summer school but no problems :) She apologized the rest of us didn't get any cherries. She felt embarrassed she ate them all.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1402886637|3693919 said:
AGBF said:

Jane Smith posted the the photo of the astonished dog. Biscuit, our Lab, actually never gave us a clue by his demeanor in the house that he was consuming vast quantities of cherries in the backyard. He was never fazed by anything, including fireworks; thunderstorms; and major surgery. ;))

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

astonisheddog.jpg

dsc00005.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, he's adorable!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1403049037|3695333 said:
OMG, he's adorable!

Thank you. He was my heart dog, but I lost him-I had to have him euthanized for health reasons-in 2008. He certainly left his mark in the world, however. He was a terror. We adopted him when he was two and he came with some very interesting ideas. One idea was that it was his duty to guard the front door (not the back). So he bit any stranger on our front steps unless we let the person inside and shut the door. As I have said here before, when you tell a person to come in and shut the door (to save himself from being bitten), but a 110 pound Lab is viciously lunging at him, coming in seems counter-intuitive. ;))

Deb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results