shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for an approximate trade-in value.

Deckhand

Rough_Rock
I have a five stone engagement band that I am looking to trade in, and would like some insight into what I could expect as a fair trade in value. I had it professionally appraised three years ago and have attached a copy of that appraisal below. I apologize for the quality of the ring photos...

photo_715.jpg

photo_716.jpg

Attachments

• appraisal_4.pdf
    368 KB · Views: 98

proto

Shiny_Rock
think it will depend what you are trading in for.

margins on diamonds are so high that they may give you a better tradein price if you spend more in their store

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Have you considered selling it privately? The trade in value is often low in comparison to the appraisal value. Consignment might also be a good option for you?

Deckhand

Rough_Rock
I am not opposed to either of those options. What is the best way to sell privately in your opinion? Or any suggestions for a consignment locations in my area (Twin Cities, MN)?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
No, I am not familiar with anything in that area but I would check with the PS vendors listed on here by calling/emailing to find out what their policies are. You can also list on loupe troop for free and then post the link here. You can also start by taking it to a local jeweler to ask what they would give you for it (knowing that will usually be lower than selling privately). Normally, most items fetch only get a percentage of the insurance appraisal value. Good luck and hope it sells fast!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I think your best bet in the twin cities is Craig's list. Otherwise, Loupetroop as already mentioned. What are you trading it in for? I have explored many jewelers in the area on trade-in's and ultimately you aren't getting much credit for the trade-in. I ended up buying on-line and keeping the item I was originally going to trade-in, because of that! So something to consider...

Just a total rough guess, you probably could sell it independently for $500-$1000. Again, a rough guess! You could start calling around to see if anyone consigns locally. I haven't had any luck with finding any, although I didn't spend much time looking for consignment.

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results